j.debonis

Documents Requested by NVC

13 posts in this topic

I can't locate within the IR/CR guide nor in the NVC flowchart when the NVC requests the forms from the beneficiary..i.e. birth certificate, copy of passport, marriage cert, police clearances, etc. When does the NVC request these within the NVC process? Do they request these after all forms (DS-3032, DS-230, and I-864, including all fees) have been returned and entered into the system or do they usually ask these documents to be sent in when the DS-230 is mailed to NVC? Also, when they request these documents, will they notify me, the U.S. citizen or will they notify my wife...and how do they notify, by letter? Thanks for your answers.

James

I can't locate within the IR/CR guide nor in the NVC flowchart when the NVC requests the forms from the beneficiary..i.e. birth certificate, copy of passport, marriage cert, police clearances, etc. When does the NVC request these within the NVC process? Do they request these after all forms (DS-3032, DS-230, and I-864, including all fees) have been returned and entered into the system or do they usually ask these documents to be sent in when the DS-230 is mailed to NVC? Also, when they request these documents, will they notify me, the U.S. citizen or will they notify my wife...and how do they notify, by letter? Thanks for your answers.

James

they usually ask for these documents to be sent in with the DS-230 which will come after you pay the IV BILL

Also from your time line it looks like your still at the USCIS not the NVC

Theoretically, without my NOA1, it's debatable whether I've even made it to the USCIS yet! :) My question was raised because I'm just trying to understand all aspects of this journey...present and future. I don't want anything to sneak up and delay the process so I'm learning it all now. I'm actually quite surprised to read some posts that go like this..."OK, just got NOA2, now what?" Don't these people do their homework? I guess I'm just trying to be prepared since i've already experienced how screwed up things can get and the time it takes to fix mistakes. Yeah, i'm still at USCIS....but with your kind, informative response as well as everyone else's, I know where I'm headed.

Thank you very much,

James

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello James,

Once your case gets to the NVC both, the beneficiary and petitioner will be sent form DS-3032 or Choice of Agent. The person you decide will get all correspondence is your COA and this is the flowchart of the things this person will get:

DS-3032 & AOS Bill (usually mailed at the same time to both)

Then the COA will receive the IV Bill (this is mailed out once they receive the DS-3032 or e-mail)

Then he/she will receive the DS-230 (this is mailed out once they receive the IV Bill)

Then he/she will receive the I-864 (this is mailed out once they receive the AOS Bill)

When all documents and fees are submitted, the NVC will complete your case and make an interview with the embassy on the first two weeks of the month for the following month.

You can find all the documents you need to send to the NVC with the DS-230 here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3176.html

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

DS-230 is when they start asking for birth certificate, marriage certificate, police and military records.

Yeah.. and that's like almost @ the end of the NVC process..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline
DS-230 is when they start asking for birth certificate, marriage certificate, police and military records.

Yeah.. and that's like almost @ the end of the NVC process..

YOu are still at the beginning of the journey. You have at least 4-6 months before you get the case to the NVC. For now, make sure you have the 2007 tax return done because you will need that for the i-864

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Peru

Marriage : 11/25/2006

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-24

I-130 Approved : 2007-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-01-09

NVC Left : 01/29/2008

Med appt: 03/03/2008

Interview Date : 03/17/2008

Visa Received : 03/24/2008

US Entry : 03/27/2008 TICKET BOUGHT

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 146 days from your filing date.

I appreciate all of your replies. Most of my questions were answered. I have one specific question that still lingers. Will my alien spouse receive the DS-230 from the NVC or will the Choice of Agent (me) receive the DS-230. From my understanding, the choice of agent receives all paper work regarding the immigrant visa/application so does this mean the DS-230 will be sent to the me, the choice of agent, here in the U.S.? OR, will the DS-230 be sent directly to the alien spouse and NOT to the choice of agent? This is crucial information for me even at such an early stage. I understand I am months away from this point. But I have my reasons for wanting this info now. I hope someone can clarify and clear up my confusion. Thanks,

James

Timeline

The choice of agent will receive the DS-230. Since PART I needs to be signed, you should try to get your wife to fill out the form back home, sign it (not date it) and mail it to you so you can have it ready for when you have to mail it to the NVC. I helped my husband fill it out while we were both on MSN Messenger, he printed it out, signed it and mailed it to me ahead of time.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

The choice of agent will receive the DS-230. Since PART I needs to be signed, you should try to get your wife to fill out the form back home, sign it (not date it) and mail it to you so you can have it ready for when you have to mail it to the NVC. I helped my husband fill it out while we were both on MSN Messenger, he printed it out, signed it and mailed it to me ahead of time.

Diana

so did I

She signed the form

I am also still at the USCIS but also looking for as much documents I can get now , so it doesn't slow my process alot

Diana did you also get the rest of documents( certificates, police etc.)

do you know how long are they valid?

Timeline

I told my husband to start collecting the other documents once I felt I was close to receiving an NOA2 from the CSC. Last year it was more of a sure thing to get approved within 90 days, today is a different story. We found out the police certificate and migratory movement were good for a year so he went ahead and got them months before we were at the NVC, he also got his birth certificate, DS-230 and photos and sent them to me. Oh and he also sent me the translatios for all of the documents.

Once I got the DS-230 fromt he NVC, I had everything ready to go.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Diana

Thank you so much, Diana. Good luck,

James

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.