aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Melissa got laid off from her job yesterday so she is at home. She doesn't have a computer there. I don't know where everyone else is.

I hate to hear that about your hand. I can't believe you broke it hitting your husband. :lol::lol: I know what you mean about horsing around. Javier and I do that all the time. He gets a little aggravated with it though. He is not much of a joker. He's a little too serious sometimes. Well I am glad your employer is good about it too. I wouldn't be able to do my job if I broke my hand. No way to count money with only one hand. Well I hope it doesn't take it long to get better. Next time, be more careful about where you are hitting him. :lol::lol:

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

POOR MELISSA . WHAT IS SHE GOING TO DO?

ELVIA WE ARE COMPADRES NOW MY KNEE HAS A TORN LIGAMENT!

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

OH No!!! :o How is she doing??? Have you talked to her this morning?

They even called the cops at the dr's office and seperated us. They were like are you sure you aren't being abused??? :unsure: I'm thinking yeah... tell him he's being abused and knocked around by ME :innocent: then I can file for his residency that way and not have to exit the country :lol:

Oh well!! I think I will have to get me some boxing gloves next time :lol:

How are you and Javier doing? Any news of a Javiersito coming?

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just thought I would post to say how sorry I am to hear Melissa lost her job. I hover in here alot, just to read up on how you are all doing, especially Melissa. She sure has not had her share of luck lately has she?

But Melissa, if your reading,..all things happen for a reason, maybe this is a sign of bigger and better things happening for you, by way of a much better job, and finally success with Javier and the Advisory opinion.

Im thinking of you,..

Hugz

Jodee

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

I haven't talked to her this morning. I talked to her yesterday and she seems to be doing okay. I think she was going to go looking for jobs today. I will probably call her in a little while.

I can't believe they seperated you and asked you that stuff. That is so funny!

Javier and I are doing great. The weekend away really helped us. It will still take some time for me to get over it but everything will be okay. No Javiersito's. We will have to wait till next month to see again. I just don't know what my problem is. I am starting to wonder if I am ever going to get pregnant. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry to hear about Melissa & her job. I hope she is able to find something soon. At least she can collect unemployment in the meantime and not be totally screwed (right?). Maybe moving near you Charity is what is supposed to happen!!

Elvia…girl you are too funny. I mean sorry about your hand but that is funny how it happened. Miguel and I always mess around too. I am small girl but I think I am tough but I can pack a punch! We are really into boxing at our house and Miguel even bought gloves. He brought them with him to Mexico and the kids totally loved playing with them. But he only had one set so each person would put on one, well after a few bloody noses (it is instinctive to hit with both hands when you are playing around) we stopped the ringside battles. I definitely felt like one tough mama with them on! Yeah, the clinics always have to ask I guess about abuse, which is good. But my husband is definitely the abused one in our relationship too :lol: and he’s got me by like 70 pounds! I remember once we were playing baseball and the ball hit me smack in the eye so I got a huge black eye. I had one lady in the bathroom at a restaurant give me the phone numbers for a shelter! And when we were together people would look at me and then shake their head like “why is she still with him?” I felt like I had to wear a sign that said “A BASEBALL HIT ME HERE…NOT HIM”. But at the same time, I think women looking out for women is such a good thing.

Hope everyone has a good day at work. I am totally bored even though I got a crapload of things I should be doing.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hey guys! I miss you all a lot! Don't worry about me-I'm fine. I've got a temporary thing lined up for next week that's going to pay VERY well and I'm confident I'll find a job very quickly, just like I always have. Sometimes God is looking out for you, even when you can't see the purpose. I think there's a reason behind this. Maybe God knew I needed more of a break. Maybe He knew I wasn't happy there. Maybe He's lined up a position for me which will give 3 weeks of vacation (haha I doubt that).

Jodee, thanks for checking in. I really wish I had some kind of news to share with you all. Still patiently waiting for that e-mail or phone call to come. Love you guys!!

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Hey Melissa!!! I miss you!!! I am glad you found something temporary to do. I still really want you to come live near me but I guess thats not going to happen. :( Oh well, we will just have to visit a lot. I know you weren't happy at your last job so I am sure you will find something you like better. God is watching out for you. Talk to you soon. I love you! (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Melissa, I agree with the others---something better is just around the corner. MOVE closer to Charity, maybe you can work on the Christmas tree farm. HA HA.

But really, I do believe there is a reason this is happening..GOOD LUCK.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Alex and I took Emily to her Pediatrician's after hours office last night (9pm) she was screaming in pain if we tried to move her right arm. When I took her out of the car seat and into the office she quited down and then started swinging that arm around like it was nothing. I felt silly being there, but since we were already signed in they had to triage her. They said it was probably "nursemaid elbow", this is when the radius dislocated and pinches the ligament and can not go back into place. They said that it probably just slipped back in, that it is really common in toddlers. VERY EXCITING EVENING, Don't want to ever do that again. :(

~~~~~~~~~~Time Line~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02-03-2006 Received K-3 Visa.

02-21-2006 Filed I-485 and I-765 with lawyer.

03-04-2006 Received NOA on both AOS and EAD.

03-21-2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD.(Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary)

03-22-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-23-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

03-31-2006 Emily's Birthday ~ 2 Years Old

03-31-2006 AOS & EAD Touched. (Could be from the AR-11 and I-865 Change of address forms).

04-03-2006 AOS & EAD Touched.

05-09-2006 USCIS Site states that EAD was approved.

05-11-2006 Received EAD Card in the mail.

06-05-2006 Received AOS Interview letter.

07-26-2006 AOS Interview - APPROVED.

07-31-2006 Received WELCOME letter in the mail.

07-31-2006 Received E-mail -- Card is on the way.

08-05-2006 Received Green Card -- Good for 10 years.

11-08-2006 New addition to the family - Anali Grace was born

I have never heard of such a thing. I know you were probably really upset. It's just like a car. You hear a noise so you take it to get it worked on and then you don't hear the noise anymore. The mechanic thinks you are crazy. Well I am glad she is okay. I don't know if I look forward to that part of having kids or not. :no:

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Benita, I'm glad everything was alright with Emily. Fun times await all of us who don't have kids yet. Charity, I may still apply to that job yet. I'm not having much luck finding local stuff.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Hi Melissa!!! you need to move closer to Charity. Break the lease and go spend some time with her and Javier while you get settled into a new apartment. :yes:

Benita I am glad Emily is doing okay (L)

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

sorry I haven't been in here but I just got back from the hospital my father isn't doing so well.He's got congestive heart failure and this past week hes been kinda like seeing things that aren't there.hallucinating.Anyway they just transfered him to San Antonio.And I am so tired.

But this lady told me at the hospital that once your waiver is approved you don't have to wait for your appointment date to go get you visa.Since i have been approved that I can go get it whenever I want.Is this true?Does antone know about this?

I haven't been able to sit and talk to my sister but I am definately going by myself to cdj.

Now I am just worried about my dad.

Anyway please let me know about the visa..if its true that we can go get it whenever we want .

Elvia I am sorry to hear about your hand hope it heals so that you can slap him for breaking your hand with his elbow :yes:

Benita I also hope Emily gets better soon.Poor baby.Don't you just hate it when your kids are in pain and theres nothing you can do to make the pain go away instantly.

well I better get some sleep I am exhausted .Everyone have a good night/day.

And try not to break anything!!

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.