Simply_Uno

Help me!!!! I have read the guides/rules

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

The rules say: :unsure:

Spousal Visa (K3)

In General - The U.S. citizen marries the foreign fiance in the USA or in another country (could be home country), the foreign fiance goes back to his/her country, the U.S. citizen applies to the Service Center for an I-130 spousal visa petition.

So far I understand all of that. :D

Now here is where I get confuzzled :blink::wacko::angry::hehe::huh::yes::no: and lastly :o

The K-3 Generally allows applicant to enter the US faster then waiting for the I-130 to be approved and the IR-1 / CR-1 visa to be issued.

My questions are:

Isn't the I-130 the same as the K-3? or the start up for the CR-1? :o

As soon as the US citizen receives the notice of receipt from the service center

for the I-130 petition, the US citizen files an I-129F for a K-3 visa.

Once the petition is approved, it is forwarded to the foreign US consulate.

Correct me if I'm wrong...: :blink:

I thought the I-130 was for the K-3 visa? And the I-129f was for a fiance'?

Then the rules really 4u(!< me up!!!: :unsure:

As soon as the US citizen receives the notice of receipt from the service center for the I-130 petition,

(okay, I am fine on this part^^^)

the US citizen files an I-129F for a K-3 visa :o .

(why must I do that, what is it for, and how does it contribute to the first set of documents that I (all of us) paid out the ying/yang to get processed?) :(

Once the petition is approved, it is forwarded to the foreign US consulate. (and this part I understand completely) :)

Typically, I'm on point about most issues and documentations, but this here "sitch'wayshen" just floored me!

If someone wise and knowledgeable can guide me through these murky waters, I'd be so happy. I'll even bake you a rainbow cake with whipped cream frosting and send it to ya, well..., I'd give you the recipe and you could bake it yourself (L)

P.S. my goal (as all of us here) is to bring my SO home. I don't want to go through the same thing that "DM" went through. (my heart aches for her). But Uno, really needs a V.J. pro right now. :help:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

It seems to me that you did understand the process. The goal of K-3 is to being spouse quicker thatn that of CR-1, though it does not happen all the time. So you file for I-130 first and followed by I-129F. In order to file I-129F, you must show that you have filed I-130 already (a receipt or a proof of cashed check for I-130 is good). It is USCIS rule. However, recently I have read some posts that some were successful sending both I-130 and I-129F at the same time. I would talk to one of them first to be sure that it is ok to do. As you already know that K-3 is a nonimmigrant visa whereas CR-1 is an immigrant visa.

Spousal Visa (K3)

In General - The U.S. citizen marries the foreign fiance in the USA or in another country (could be home country), the foreign fiance goes back to his/her country, the U.S. citizen applies to the Service Center for an I-130 spousal visa petition.

Now here is where I get confuzzled :blink::wacko::angry::hehe::huh::yes::no: and lastly :o

The K-3 Generally allows applicant to enter the US faster then waiting for the I-130 to be approved and the IR-1 / CR-1 visa to be issued.

My questions are:

As soon as the US citizen receives the notice of receipt from the service center

As soon as the US citizen receives the notice of receipt from the service center for the I-130 petition,

(why must I do that, what is it for, and how does it contribute to the first set of documents that I (all of us) paid out the ying/yang to get processed?) :(

Once the petition is approved, it is forwarded to the foreign US consulate. (and this part I understand completely) :)

Typically, I'm on point about most issues and documentations, but this here "sitch'wayshen" just floored me!

If someone wise and knowledgeable can guide me through these murky waters, I'd be so happy. I'll even bake you a rainbow cake with whipped cream frosting and send it to ya, well..., I'd give you the recipe and you could bake it yourself (L)

P.S. my goal (as all of us here) is to bring my SO home. I don't want to go through the same thing that "DM" went through. (my heart aches for her). But Uno, really needs a V.J. pro right now. :help:

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Uhh, duhhh :o

thats why I posted for clarity, specifically from a VJ Pro!

p.s. and thank you for the brief clarification

As you already know that K-3 is a nonimmigrant visa whereas CR-1 is an immigrant visa.

Edited by unononehigher

I Am Uno!

Spousal Visa (K3)

My questions are:

The I-130 is the petition you file that if left alone(no additional petition filed) would get you an IR/CR1 visa. (Immigrant visa, spouse arrives to US, shortly thereafter they get Greencard in the mail).

If you think the process for the I-130 is too slow, or you feel you want to try a different route, you file a I-129F after you have mailed your I-130 and USCIS has issued you a receipt for said I-130. The I-129F petition is what would result in the K-3 visa....this is a non-imigrant spousal visa and will require adjustment of status(AOS) once the spouse arrives to the US.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

As you already know that K-3 is a nonimmigrant visa whereas CR-1 is an immigrant visa.

Filing I-129F is optional. Some people file both I-130 and I-129F hoping that at least one process will be quicker. I-129F may help you bring your spouse quicker than I-130, but then your spouse has to adjust his/her status after your spouse comes here with K-3 which would cost about $1100.00 now. If your spouse comes with cr-1 visa, then he/she does not need to adjust his/her status here, since cr-1 is an immigrant visa and the green card will be mailed within 1-2 month of his/her arrival in the USA.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filing I-129F is optional. Some people file both I-130 and I-129F hoping that at least one process will be quicker. I-129F may help you bring your spouse quicker than I-130, but then your spouse has to adjust his/her status after your spouse comes here with K-3 which would cost about $1100.00 now. If your spouse comes with cr-1 visa, then he/she does not need to adjust his/her status here, since cr-1 is an immigrant visa and the green card will be mailed within 1-2 month of his/her arrival in the USA.

Plus I've seen some cases that the I-129F was canceled after the I-130 was approved(instead of being also approved, thereby giving the petitioner choice as to which avenue to pursue)....and the petitioner only found out afterwards...and were in effect forced to go the I-130--IR/CR-1 route.

-P

P.S. When you ask for clarification, there's no need to be facetious to those that offer it to you....you can just say thank you, but I'm looking for more info that what you've given me. ;)

Edited by Paula&Minya

:dancing: UNO THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE CLARITY (L)

Its a shame I have to depend upon the kindness of others for such a personal matter.

SMOOCHIES :P

Plus I've seen some cases that the I-129F was canceled after the I-130 was approved(instead of being also approved, thereby giving the petitioner choice as to which avenue to pursue)....and the petitioner only found out afterwards...and were in effect forced to go the I-130--IR/CR-1 route.

-P

P.S. When you ask for clarification, there's no need to be facetious to those that offer it to you....you can just say thank you, but I'm looking for more info that what you've given me. ;)

its sarcasm, not facetiousness. and if you read my next/previous reply (depending on where this one falls), you'll understand my head and my heart. so calm down :innocent:

Edited by unononehigher

I Am Uno!

When you are in need of help, its not good face to insult someone that offers it to you, however lacking that help may be, period....nor is it going to make people jump to help you out.

-P

But....here's a good page for you to start:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=compare

Edited by Paula&Minya

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Personally if I were not a K1 I would just do the CR-1 and forget the K3. But that is a very personal decision only you can make.

Just look over the feedback you get here and search the pro / con threads about this issue so you feel comfortable on which route to go.

More money now versus less hassle later within about the same amount of time.

Don't make any hasty decision if you are not clear yet on what to do.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Its simple what is the most important? Do you want to save money or get your SO here as fast as possible? You need to talk with people that have gone through the same consulate because they are all different with processing times.

The rules changed last fall and you can file the 129 and 130 together now which is the K3 route or only file the 130 for the CR/IR1. You can try to call the consulate and ask them what are the processing time differences between an immigrant visa and a non-immigrant visa, if they are the same from the time they receive it from the NVC then the only additional processing would be through the NVC which might add a month or two for the CR/IR1 but if non-immigrant visas at the consulate are processed much faster then choose the K3. If money is the issue then the CR/IR1 is the cheapest way to go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.