Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
She ran away and now is with the boys family who assured him will take good care of her. Too much for him to handle right now. Big drama

at the police station Africa style about the whole mess plus everybody and their brother ( or cousin ! ) giving their 2 cents worth.

As the world turns .........man my nerves are shot. He took her straight to the hospital.

This also ended her future over here. If she marries him she would have about a 8-10 year wait to come here and it looks like she doesn't

want to come here anyway. My DNA costs and flight to Dakar for her was wasted......not to mention the time delay for all this DNA #######.

I explained all this to her because I saw it coming a mile away months ago. She made her choice. She is his only daughter and his heart is broken

and he is very grieved.

So much for our little happy family dream over here.

Try to stay positive, though I know it's hard. She'll always be his little girl. But sometimes they have to learn the hard way. She'll see how hard life is on her own and she'll survive. Then she'll have to try and teach her baby those same things. You'll always be able to visit, she's not lost to you.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Omoba, I am sorry that times are a bit tough right now. I will continue to pray for you and for your fiance.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Hi All and Good Morning.

Been a short while and am just catching up on on the news. Omoba, I feel badly for the situation you are all faced with. My SO's adopted sister (she was adopted by him since she was a baby when the parents died) was coming with him and went through the whole process too. Right after they were both approved, she got pregnant. Unfortunately the boyfriend thought that being the "father" of her kid, he would also be able to come to the US too. They both were seriously disappointed to learn that niether of them would come. About a year or so after, she begged to be allowed to come, but it was too late! The boyfried is no longer and she is there depressed. Not a good scenario

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hey Chispas what's up ? Long time no see.

Yes, I can see where the b/f's would think they get a free ride that way...........we told her more than once that if that happened she would definitely

not come here. Maybe he thinks he knows better :huh: but I hope he genuinely loves her and that they can have a decent life there together.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Omoba, sometimes people (especially young people) have to learn lessons the hard way. I know that parents do all that they can for their children, but sometimes children want to be hardheaded and go down a different path. Just because she chose a different path doesn't mean she is lost or gone forever. I was in her situation and I didn't understand...after all these years and now that I am a mother, I can see it from both perpectives and now I realize what my parents tried to show me. Young people can be hard headed and make stupid mistakes, but one day they will mature and wake up and realize what's right. Who's to say this guy will or will not stay with her? No one knows.

I know Stephen is sad and heartbroken and he doesn't need any more problems at this time, but he should continue to show support and guidance to her. No matter what she is still his daughter and that baby will still be his grandchild. Also, having a kid can sometimes make a person grow and mature quickly and I bet you will see her come to her senses soon. Your dream of a happy family isn't over...just deferred. Stay positive, woman!

ETA, I hope he is true to his word and takes good care of her and the baby.

Edited by LovinLiberia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning all. it's hump day! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good morning too :)

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Thanks LL.

Chispas at this time we are waiting for money to grow on trees or rain from the sky to pay a lawyer for the waiver. It's in God's hands and if He

blesses us with the funds then we will go ahead. If not then we are stuck. My loan options are zero and I have mortgaged my house out to get us this far. I may be able to sell my Mom's home in Germany soon but there is a paper war going on with that right now. The house sits empty and she is in a very nice nursing facility.

The attorneys that know what they are doing with waivers are about $ 4000 - $ 7500.

The approach has to be determined by an attorney so we won't mess ourselves up and I have to come up with a 10 - 20 page letter of why

I am in extreme hardship here without him and I have to support these reasons with about 50 pages of proof.

The icing is in the leg work and approach and not as simple as me just writing a letter. When I retain an attorney it will take about 4 months to

prepare everything and then he has to fly to Dakar again to submit it with $ 545. Then it goes to a USCIS field office in Accra, Ghana where it takes about 6-9 month to adjudicate.......then there is a 3. interview where he has to fly again to Dakar, without guarantee of a visa. Kind of like a whole other visa journey all over again. That would be the 5. flight out to Dakar, Senegal. ( No home embassy ).

One has to know what they are looking for to approve the waiver.

There are cheaper attorneys for about $1500 but I know more than them as I discovered in consultation.

Life sucks at the moment but God is always working behind the scenes so we will see what happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.