Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

(whispering) yeah, eeerrriiilly soo:cry2:

p.s. well I have tried to take you all down memory lane 70's style, gave some info about myself on a personal level, and I don't know what else to do to get this party started. so now I'm going to sit in my corner:ph34r:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yesterday was a holiday. So today people might actually be working. Me.....my daughter got kicked out of school for a skin irritation. I had to run her to the doctor and then back to school with a note saying it was a skin irritation. I don't know what's going to happen when she hits the preteens and acne sets in. She might be banned from school altogether. I told her father this is his fault...she's got skin issues and teeth issues and they are his genes. My people don't have these issues. I never wore braces and my teeth are straight as an arrow, so shouldn't he pay for the orthodontics? I think that's totally fair....don't you guys agree? <_< You guys better agree, remember you're not allowed to disagree on Sub-Saharan. :innocent: I should have gotten it written into the divorce decree.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
(whispering) yeah, eeerrriiilly soo:cry2:

p.s. well I have tried to take you all down memory lane 70's style, gave some info about myself on a personal level, and I don't know what else to do to get this party started. so now I'm going to sit in my corner:ph34r:

Hey Uno a blast from the past

f42b_1.JPG

Remeber the metal skates you had to keep your shoes on to use them.

What about when your best friend did not have a pair, and you let them use one of yours (so now both of you have on one skate) and you would push with one leg and then balance yourself on the one skate. :bonk: to actually move 3'' your were doing something.

But in general you were never really skating only walking on squeaky non rolling metal wheels trying to keep your balance.

Edited by We_Destiny

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Timeline
Yesterday was a holiday. So today people might actually be working. Me.....my daughter got kicked out of school for a skin irritation. I had to run her to the doctor and then back to school with a note saying it was a skin irritation. I don't know what's going to happen when she hits the preteens and acne sets in. She might be banned from school altogether. I told her father this is his fault...she's got skin issues and teeth issues and they are his genes. My people don't have these issues. I never wore braces and my teeth are straight as an arrow, so shouldn't he pay for the orthodontics? I think that's totally fair....don't you guys agree? <_< You guys better agree, remember you're not allowed to disagree on Sub-Saharan. :innocent: I should have gotten it written into the divorce decree.

Zainab cracking jokes = PRICELESS :lol::lol:

Ohh sorry did not mean to offend :protest: (covering my face waiting for the SLAP) :bonk: (please don't beat me) I sorry :cry::lol::lol:

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

Wait a minute. None of you guys look old enough to remember metal skates. What is it? Mary Kay or something? I liked the Floaters thing. Unfortunately it took me back to when I was dating so and so and we went to such and such dance and blah blah. Ahh memories

Glad to see you this morning Zee.

Edited by chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Wait a minute. None of you guys look old enough to remember metal skates. What is it? Mary Kay or something? I liked the Floaters thing. Unfortunately it took me back to when I was dating so and so and we went to such and such dance and blah blah. Ahh memories

Thanks Chispas :D

I am not old enough to remember the metal skates :whistle:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Thanks Chispas :D

I am not old enough to remember the metal skates :whistle:

Neither am I, thank you very much. I don't know how We Destiny got into my closet. My daughter has the same kind of key skates but they are plastic. She wants us to go out with them on, and I'm trying to get her to understand that on her they are cute, on me, they are OLD! I have to pull out rollerblades nowadays!

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

My knees are totally ruined from using those skates on mud and stone streets. The worst thing we did was pile 5 people on a bicycle and ride down a muddy hill in the dry-season. I was sitting and the handle bars so you know my coochie took the brunt of the tumble.

Timeline
My knees are totally ruined from using those skates on mud and stone streets. The worst thing we did was pile 5 people on a bicycle and ride down a muddy hill in the dry-season. I was sitting and the handle bars so you know my coochie took the brunt of the tumble.

Kay asks me questions like why do your knees look like that or what's the cut from. I always tell her, I enjoyed my childhood. They are the scars of laughter. :luv:

AOS

Timeline

We were the trial and error kids, they just threw are butts outside and as long as you did not go to far, "you could do whatever you want"

In the playgrounds we had Monkey Bars, and MayPoles with none of that cushion or padding they use now a days just concrete to catch our falls.

Who rembers standing up in the middle of the the See-Saw.

The guys would ride their bikes down the block trying to go from corner to corner Poppin Wheelies.

The Candy House with NutChews, Wine Candy (Jolly Ranchers) and Sour Cherries for a penny and Icee Cups (frozen Kool-Aid in styrofoam cups).

Those were the days kids today don't know what fun is. ( Hey wait a minute I sound like my mother) :oops: No really I'm not that old, I'm still Tender. ;)

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

I lived in the tropics so we used to go into the jungle and eat our way through it. There were always mangos, papayas, watermelons, star apple, bananas and whole host of other tropical fruit to eat. We never ever washed any of the fruit and would spend almost the whole day out playing. Of course we had to watch out for snakes or tarantulas, but as kids we didn't care. The worst thing I was afraid of was the boogie man (whoever he was) and any guy walking alone was the boogie man to me.

Timeline

I was blessed to have both!

I can remember stealing mangoes from sister Grace's yard cause stolen mangoes are somehow sweeter. And sitting on the sea wall stripping sugar cane to chew out the sweetness. And sitting underneath the house to split a tamarind ball so that the boys couldn't see us and take it away. Eating crushed ice on the porch and watching the boys play football (okay soccer). And there was always the impromptu game of Rounders that ended when the goat ate half our ball.

I also remember playing in the urban jungle. We played double dutch and sang cheers while we jumped. We also used milk caps to play skelly in the street. And the lumber yard had the coldest water on the block, but we weren't allowed in there because it's dangerous for kids in a lumber yard, so we would sneak in to get a drink from their fountain. You fought not to be the last one because by then we'd get caught and go running out the lumber yard and you didn't really get a good drink of water. And the Penny Candy Store!! 25cents and a dream at the penny candy store...peanut chews and nowalaters (what were they called?) and Alexander the Grapes and lemonheads..... :lol:

I was thinking recently about Cabbage Patch Dolls because I was looking at those American Girl Dolls that are like $120 and thinking, that back in the day Cabbage Patch Dolls were all the rage and came with a birth certificate and they weren't near that price. But maybe with inflation it was similar? I don't know.

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My parents did not care what we did (for some time) as long as they could see us from the window. We used to play outside with some friends and my sisters and I played soccer a lot. I remember we used to challenge the boys to games all the time :devil: Sometimes we would mix it up and rollerblade or skateboard but that was not as fun as beating the boys at their own game (I grew up in Saudi Arabia so beating the boys at ANYTHING was considered worthy of celebration). Of course, as we got older we had to stay inside more but we found ways to circumvent the system (we were not very law abiding :whistle: )

Going to Ghana in the summer was a different story. There are 2 places that we normally stay: 1 is the town that my grandmother lived in and the other is my father's village. Whenever we were with my grandmother it was spectacular because we lived with her for a while until our house got built and she spoiled us rotten. She gave us all kinds of goodies that my mom was not too happy about. And then our cousins would come from all over and hang out. And we would play these small video games that were just one game you played over and over and over again.

The best was going to my dad's village because it was basically just family everywhere. Every house was a relative's. So, whenever we went, my parents would not even care where we went until it started getting dark. They knew that we would get food no matter where we were and if anything happened there was someone to take care of us. That was the biggest differnce and so freeing. We would walk all over the place. Take naps in several places, eat 2 or 3 lunches in different places, help a cousin with laundry, go to the market with an aunt, go to the farm with a bunch of cousins and just follow people as they went about their daily business....no parents around, no cell phones, no one to keep tabs on you, because everyone was family. Its the same today (with a few minor changes).

Wow, there is so much more I could share.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Timeline

yoooo, whoooo, did I here my name? :yes:

I see y'all trying to get sumffin' started. lemme see <_<

Zain said "I don't know what's going to happen when she hits the preteens and acne sets in."

they gon' put her lil but in quarentine until she's finished blossoming into a beautiful flower :goofy:

den herr come destiny :ph34r: talkin' bout "Hey Uno" :P a blast from the past Remeber the metal skates you had to keep your shoes on to use them. What about when your best friend did not have a pair, and you let them use one of yours (so now both of you have on one skate) and you would push with one leg and then balance yourself on the one skate!" :pop:

girl, lukah' here, dem boys get the big ol' speakahs and setum in da window play'in "flash light, neon light' and e'ry body got a drippy curl talkin' bout I'm mixed with "porto rican" on my daddy'nem side and engine (indian) on my momma'nem side, see hur grandmomma was cherokee! den its dat one fyne brotha that know how to skate real good doing dem "crazy leggs" (holla, watch out der' nah!) but, wait, we had block parties, and its always them two families that gots to fight e'ry damn year fo' nothin' and speakin' of icee cups, do you remember dem penny strawberry cookies....oouuii, dem cookies was da bomb. don't forget about yo' pickle with the peppermint stick inah middle. Now damn..Hollah

oh, I can't leave out chis, talkin' bout "coochie", now girl thats a good one. roflmao :lol:

alright y'all keep'em commin!

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.