Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

I'm running out again so I hope I don't miss too mich while I'm gone. BTW, had another weird dream last night. I dreamt I had two husbands. One was average and the other one shorter than me, thick and very white. We had to swing on a trapeze to get up to the airplane terminal. It was my turn to swing, and we discovered that I had an engine leak in my car so we didn't go. What is with these crazy dreams?

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
I'm running out again so I hope I don't miss too mich while I'm gone. BTW, had another weird dream last night. I dreamt I had two husbands. One was average and the other one shorter than me, thick and very white. We had to swing on a trapeze to get up to the airplane terminal. It was my turn to swing, and we discovered that I had an engine leak in my car so we didn't go. What is with these crazy dreams?

Your brain is trying to process your stressful live and letting off steam ! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:yes:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Sylvia, Omoba gave you some very good advice. I hope you are able to get some answers. Did you ever find out if it is AP/AR or are they sending the petition back to the US?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I laughed out loud with that one. OMG...your dreams sure are wacky! Keep 'em coming. :rofl::rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

two husbands, swinging, and chispas is lacking horsepower all in the same paragraph. hmmmm. i sense there's more to this story than meets the eye. :whistle:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

I told you, smokin herbal essences in enclosed area can do that to ya, let it breeeaaath B) .....ahhhhhh :P

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

:blink: tanorexia @ its best??? :unsure::unsure:

pink1.jpg

i see uno finally posted a pic of herself. :dance:

nope too skinny, more like this

bbw156-1.jpg

i see you have huge..........tracts of land! :devil:

:bonk: snarky charles.... :yes::yes::yes::D(F)

I Am Uno!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

pink1.jpg

bbw156-1.jpg

you didn't see any monty python movies did you? :unsure:

:secret: huge tracts of land is a reference to boobage :devil:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I still haven't gotten a fax from Joseph with the slip. Networks are having issues to Lagos, I have called family in Abuja and Enugu but they haven't talked this morning either. I guess if nothing else I could go there and find work doing things like I do here.

[Hugs] Sylvia!

I'm sorry about the yucky news. Not an end, though. AR lengthens the process but doesn't end it. Take the time you need to grieve and then get right back on the ball with it. Find out what they put on the slip and do whatever you can to help the process along. If you are planning to travel there to visit, you might consider making a visit to the chief CO to speak personally about the situation.

Good Luck and keep us up to date!!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

pink1.jpg

bbw156-1.jpg

you didn't see any monty python movies did you? :unsure:

:secret: huge tracts of land is a reference to boobage :devil:

oh, I understood you VERY well, why do you think I chose the smileys shaking their heads YES!!!!

you have never seen me.... :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I Am Uno!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am having a serious problem with some recent posts, I have seen in K3 and US citizenship forums. First of all, I am opinionated and do not have a problem expressing my opinion when I have the need to. So I will start here. I have noticed sub-Saharan specific problems, issues and concerns being fished around in other forums specifically the thread in K3 and U.S. citizenship forums and the bad thing is that one of the persons is not a newbie but has been around for at least a year, and feels that the K3 forum is a better place to seek information. I am generally a loner and feel that I am somewhat new to this whole forum thing. I do feel as though unconsciously VJ members forum cliques, but, I can understand how it happens, and because I don’t necessarily fit into a clique I am not bothered by it. I am very comfortable doing me (when I have something to say I post, if no one can identify with it, I am fine with that). However other people thrive on acceptance, appreciation and or the understanding of others. Sub-Saharan is full of mostly women and some men who have been through the ringer and back, really that is the only way that you survive this struggle with immigration reconizing the ips and downs. The rub is, most of you (us)started out wanting to find a place to go where people understood the dire situation, we petitioners find ourselves in. I am not always happy or full of congrats, but I do what I can, when I can when I notice someone is in need I try to be there.

Hell when you look at we all have put our selves in a situation to potentially get scammed no one more or less than the next, let us all get off our high-horses of judgement.

We for a fact have two women looking for our knowledge, sympathy and or compassion, and they are obviously reluctant to bring their situation to us. Why is that? A true family accepts unconditionally.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

I am having a serious problem with some recent posts, I have seen in K3 and US citizenship forums. First of all, I am opinionated and do not have a problem expressing my opinion when I have the need to. So I will start here. I have noticed sub-Saharan specific problems, issues and concerns being fished around in other forums specifically the thread in K3 and U.S. citizenship forums and the bad thing is that one of the persons is not a newbie but has been around for at least a year, and feels that the K3 forum is a better place to seek information. I am generally a loner and feel that I am somewhat new to this whole forum thing. I do feel as though unconsciously VJ members forum cliques, but, I can understand how it happens, and because I don't necessarily fit into a clique I am not bothered by it. I am very comfortable doing me (when I have something to say I post, if no one can identify with it, I am fine with that). However other people thrive on acceptance, appreciation and or the understanding of others. Sub-Saharan is full of mostly women and some men who have been through the ringer and back, really that is the only way that you survive this struggle with immigration reconizing the ips and downs. The rub is, most of you (us)started out wanting to find a place to go where people understood the dire situation, we petitioners find ourselves in. I am not always happy or full of congrats, but I do what I can, when I can when I notice someone is in need I try to be there.

Hell when you look at we all have put our selves in a situation to potentially get scammed no one more or less than the next, let us all get off our high-horses of judgement.

We for a fact have two women looking for our knowledge, sympathy and or compassion, and they are obviously reluctant to bring their situation to us. Why is that?

A true family accepts unconditionally.

I do agree with you to an extent, but the realization of it all is this; we are not a "family!"

Yeah, some of us are cool as a breeze with eachother, but others; like myself (loner #1) know deep down inside, none of us really know any of us on a personal level. The only common thread holding us together is the fact that our SO's come from africa, but that is a superficial commonality.

Those that chose to look elsewhere for aide and assistance, probably felt that they could get better guidance/expertise, not necessarily emotional support, from those other topic forums.

We will never know unless we/you/I/ ask them. But whatever their reasoning is, I respect it, even if I dont agree with it. I will always extend a hand to whomever needs it whenever they need it. The most you/any of us can do as an online forum/family is to let them know "we (the common thread) hear you and we are here for you." The rest is up to God and them.

Peace

UNO (F)

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.