Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

what is really goingz on? It snowed last night (5 inches), now this morning it is thundering with bursts of lightning and rain/hailing. what season is it in the great mid west? :help:

Edited by unononehigher

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
what is really goingz on? It is snowed last night (5 inches), now this morning it is thundering with bursts of lightning and rain/hailing. what season is it in the great mid west? :help:

Wow...sounds like fun :wacko:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
what is really goingz on? It snowed last night (5 inches), now this morning it is thundering with bursts of lightning and rain/hailing. what season is it in the great mid west? :help:

We had ice rain and sleet on Saturday but yesterday and today has been warm and pleasant. It'll probably snow soon. Don't want to get too comfortable. Hard to believe it's already February.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Good Mornin' Ladies and Gents. Wishing all a good week and lots of down time so we can chat. :D BTW, has anyone who ordered "the book" gotten their copies yet? I haven't. :angry:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Timeline
Good Mornin' Ladies and Gents. Wishing all a good week and lots of down time so we can chat. :D BTW, has anyone who ordered "the book" gotten their copies yet? I haven't. :angry:

I think I should be getting it today or tomorrow. UPS tried to deliver a package to me from amazon.com on Friday but I was not home. I highly doubt I am going to be home today when they deliver so I am going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

I still haven't received mine and I'm a bit annoyed. But life goes on. I hope I get it soon, and then we can discuss it together. I could use a distraction. I'm reading a book about the amish in Illinois, right now. It's really interesting.

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

I still haven't received mine and I'm a bit annoyed. But life goes on. I hope I get it soon, and then we can discuss it together. I could use a distraction. I'm reading a book about the amish in Illinois, right now. It's really interesting.

Amish in Illinois? Didn't know they went farther than Ohio

Timeline

Amish in Illinois? Didn't know they went farther than Ohio

They abound in the midwest because of available land. There is a small community not far from me and more moving up into Canada. As the community grows they need more land, so they move and start new settlements. I didn't even know there was a group not far from me in GA. They'd been there for about 50 years or so.

AOS

There are some in Iowa too.

I am still surprised that there are even black folk in Iowa :devil: A former boyfriend of mine went to Briar Cliffe college to play basketball years ago. In all of the pictures they sent, the only darkies were them and the other players from Panama.

PS I am trying to concentrate on this, while a student with gossip issues is trying talking to me. This is my break darnit! :wacko:

Edited by chispas

Timeline

I am still surprised that there are even black folk in Iowa :devil: A former boyfriend of mine went to Briar Cliffe college to play basketball years ago. In all of the pictures they sent, the only darkies were them and the other players from Panama.

PS I am trying to concentrate on this, while a student with gossip issues is trying talking to me. This is my break darnit! :wacko:

There are a lot of Africans in Iowa, especially Sudanese. All my Ghanaian friends I met here live or went to school in Iowa.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

There are a lot of Africans in Iowa, especially Sudanese. All my Ghanaian friends I met here live or went to school in Iowa.

I wonder why?

Edit: Sorry, I wonder why that happens. The mayor of my city had a program where he travelled and recruited Guyanese immigrants to move to this city. They got help with home loans and starting business. So there is a large population of Guyanese (mostly indian) in this area. But I know clearly why. I wonder how Africans ended up in Iowa and in concentrations specific to countries, such as the example you used of Sudan.

Edited by Bassi and Zainab

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.