Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I just read this on Fox News. Someone allegedly left their children alone while they flew to Africa on marry someone they met on line. Hmmm ..........

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326758,00.html

This is so shameful and sad. We don't need anymore negativity asociated with Nigeria.

Her sister was watching the kids, yeah right,,,, The fact that the kids ran out of money and food in 8 days, and the CPS contacted the girl in Nigeria, and she stayed for the original intended time. Tells me she was totally at fault.

She probably would have had a hard time meeting the 125% over poverty with a household of 8, but now whe can forget it.

Must say that I absolutely agree with you.

The story seems awfully odd to me. Like something, a lot is missing. In between story. Maybe I just refuse to believe. But, they watch two young children for a father that works, why would he drop them off and leave them if no adult was there when he arrived. Every time? And a 16 year old and a 15 year old didn't heat up a pizza, or call the police or the missing sister for help. It doesn't add up to me. Something is off? Why were they starving if the fruit was sitting in a bowl going bad. Couldn't they have eaten the fruit if they were smart enough to climb up to the freezer and pull out a frozen pizza? They said the kids were starving and the older ones couldn't remember their dates of birth. That kind of effect comes from long term malnutrition, not from a few weeks. (less than a month as they described it) I just feel like the story seems incomplete and misjointed. Not all the information is there, kind of like a tabloid. The parts of the truth are presented that are sensational enough to sell.

I agree with you about the media pumping up the story for a sensational tabloid dimension. I also agree some of the small pieces to the story are some-what shady, the frozen pizza, the additional 2 children (the father had to know the lady was gone), why were they not in school. the old fruit (kids watching themselves eating fruit) i do not think they were starving in that short amount of time. It is alleged there was no formula and diapers for the infant, I can believe the kids probably changed the diapers to often and mixed the formula wrong. The provisions the mother left for them were not rationed out the way she had hoped

Why I believe it actually happended, because, the children were found only a week after the mother left the country (the original story aired Jan 7) http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Ho...mp;pageId=1.1.1. It took her and additional 3 weeks to return home. If it was an accident or a misunderstanding with her sister, I would think, she would have come home as soon as she was contacted about the children's welfare.

Maybe, I am a little hard about the issue with out having all the facts, but in Chicago people get caught leaving their kids, I have heard all of the stories about sisters, grandmas, the lady next door, the postal carrier, and 9 year old sibling being left in charge, it happens a couple of times a year. That is why I believe that it is more than likely it occured than not.

I'm really not familiar with the crazy things people do.....I try to avoid the local news cause it depresses me. I k now that there is a part of me that doesn't like to believe that someone would do that. I do find the story odd. They found the kids after a week.....that's good. They didn't make it sound that way. Starving kids....rotten fruit....they made it sound like she was gone for a month and they caught up with the kids after weeks of neglect. oh well......hopefully it gets sorted out.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Maybe I should say something controversial :whistle:

or just wait for someone to show up and start some chit.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I guess so Charles....but I am bored now :crying:

Its a sad existence when I look to VJ for entertainment :help:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Ooops I forgot that you are on East Coast time Zee. I'll check you in the morning when I get to work. Fill me in on anything juicy that I may have missed. :secret:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Timeline

or you can always read yahoo's odd news for entertainment :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

or you can always read yahoo's odd news for entertainment :lol:

I love Yahoo's odd news! Like the guy whose pit bull chewed off four of his toes and he's so upset that they took the dog away. He wants his sweet puppy back!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
OK. Maybe I will try to get something going ...... is everyone ready for Super Tuesday?

given the candidates, no. i'm not the least bit excited about it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Timeline

good morning to every one. I have a question for all y'all.

Does your significant other look like "your type?"

If you would not have met you s.o. they way that you did, would you be with them now?

my answer, is no, my husband is not my type "physically."

he is an attractive man, but I prefer the dark milk chocolate complexion, and some one who is kinda "thick".

my husband is very skinny and oven roasted chicken complected.

and if it were not for his intelligence, persistence and sense of humor,

I would never have even agreed to meet him.

but as my husband says "God knows better!"

next person to the "honesty mic" ;)

Edited by unononehigher

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Timeline

If you would not have met you s.o. they way that you did, would you be with them now?

he is an attractive man, but I prefer the dark milk chocolate complexion, and some one who is kinda "thick".

um, long hair, big boobies, sexy accent. yeah she's my type :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ummm ...... Kind Of.... My husband has beautiful eyes, an athletic built, but he is barely taller than me. In the past I usually dated guys who were much taller than me. But oh well ... to me he is still F-I-N-E !!!!!!

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yeah..... He came across as extremely confident with a pinch of arrogance and a touch of vanity..........PERFECT :luv::luv:

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think my fiance is totally my type. Tall, athletic, nice teeth, nice smile, smart....blah blah blah. Our personalities click and sometimes it is scary that we know so much about each other. The first thing that struck me when I first saw him was how tall he was (over 6 ft).

um, long hair, big boobies, sexy accent. yeah she's my type :blush:

That brings tears to my eyes Charles :cry:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.