eelvira

3 children 90 days after mother. Do we have to file 3 I-751s?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi

My 3 stepchildren came 3 months after my K1 wife as K2. Their Conditional Resident Cards are dated more than 90 days after hers. We realized this was an issue when we filed her I-751 and it was returned to us saying that we couldn't include the children because it was more than 90 days to the expiration of the children cards.

We resubmitted my wife's application alone and it went very smoothly. We got this week her permanent resident card until 2018 and we didn't even have to go to an interview. :dance: We still haven't reached the children 90 day window. This will happen in the middle of February.

If they were able to apply with my wife we would have had to pay only for their Biometrics. Now, from what I gather we will have to file 3 separate I-751s, one for each of them. This is a LOT of money. :crying:

Is there anyway that we could file the 3 of them together or are we just simply out of luck? :(

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Eric,

I would call the 800# and ask. The form and the instructions do not answer your question for more than one dependent filing separately. You could also get an INFOPASS. Hopefully, someone on here will be able to answer.

Good luck.

John

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Filed: Timeline
Eric,

I would call the 800# and ask. The form and the instructions do not answer your question for more than one dependent filing separately. You could also get an INFOPASS. Hopefully, someone on here will be able to answer.

Good luck.

John

Please post any information you find on this subject. I have to apply for 2 kids separately and have exact same question/concern!

Thanks in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

same here.. im not at that point yet but will be eventually. for everything else you had to pay a seperate fee for each child...visa,medical,passport. i wouldnt doubt it if they require the same for the rest of the procudures.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
same here.. im not at that point yet but will be eventually. for everything else you had to pay a seperate fee for each child...visa,medical,passport. i wouldnt doubt it if they require the same for the rest of the procudures.

my daughter entered about a week outside my window of eligibility to remove conditions. I had to send a separate I-751 plus fees just for her. She received her own letter of extention and her own biometric appointment.

my son, who entered with me is riding on my petition...I only had to send a separate biometric fee for him

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.