one love

phycial and Maleria

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

In Lagos do they have to call to make appointment for phycial?? and if so whats time line to wait for appointment on average.. also if you had maylaria in past will this effect your approval.. What i see is they look for HIV , diseases that can be past to on or other .. Since Malaria is big in nigeria,, is this a concern for most nigerian husbands just want to know

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

No idea about the medical in Nigeria.

But having malaria in the past is not going to make your SO fail the medical :no:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

No malaria won't affect anything...my SO's had it plenty of times. To my understanding, I believe you walk in and make an appointment. In my SO's case, his physical was in two parts. He went in, paid the fee, and they conducted some tests. He was then told to come back at a later date for the results. When he went back for the results, he had to pay the other portion of th fee. They do conduct drug testing by the way....just a heads up.

June 8th - I-129F mailed to VSC

June 13th - NOA1

November 9th - NOA2!!!

January 10th - APPROVED!

January 24 - Pick up visa

January 31 - Honey arrives in US!

February 28- Court marriage

May 2- NOA1 for I-485 and EAD

May 31- Biometrics

June 2- TOUCHED

Sept 2008 - Perm resident

12/7/12. File n-400 at Dallas Lockbox

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
No malaria won't affect anything...my SO's had it plenty of times. To my understanding, I believe you walk in and make an appointment. In my SO's case, his physical was in two parts. He went in, paid the fee, and they conducted some tests. He was then told to come back at a later date for the results. When he went back for the results, he had to pay the other portion of th fee. They do conduct drug testing by the way....just a heads up.

if he has when he has phycial ??? just a ?no he doe not haveLOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can try and make an appointment, but they see people on a first come - first serve basis. I would just make sure to get there before noon. They will do the x-ray on the first visit and take blood, on the second visit they do the medical exam, immunizations, give you the results of the blood test and complete the paperwork. It is the second visit they give you an appointment for usually two to three weeks after the initial appointment.

They don't care about Malaria only contagious diseases.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have heard from other boards that if you have malaria at the time of the physical, then you have to present a medical certificate after you have been treated for the malaria before you are given the visa, if you are approved. It's common in many countries and treated like the common cold, but you have to be free of it, at the time that they give the visa to you.

Edited by Bassi and Zainab

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yah, I would imagine you have to be free of it too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
I have heard from other boards that if you have malaria at the time of the physical, then you have to present a medical certificate after you have been treated for the malaria before you are given the visa, if you are approved. It's common in many countries and treated like the common cold, but you have to be free of it, at the time that they give the visa to you.

Correct. If you come to the physical sick as a dog with Malaria you have to get treatment and then return for a follow -up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They see people on a first come - first serve basis. I would just make sure to get there before noon. They will do the x-ray on the first visit and take blood. They will take the first half of the fee and schedule you for the 2nd visit, which is by appointment.

On the second visit they conduct the medical exam, give 1st round of immunizations, give you the results of the blood test and complete the paperwork. You also pay the 2nd half of the fee.

If you have time, you go back a few weeks later and receive the 2nd round of immunizations....

The papers you receive explain all of this and list the fees.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.