trailmix

Good luck tomorrow Ladyjane!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
What!? I don't even know what to make of this, I'm sure you guys don't know either. His CV, it never would have occurred to me to include that in documents to take. Does the work history have to match the G325A - did he change jobs or anything?

And what is this about his interview being rescheduled soon? He has to go BACK!? Does he live in Montreal?

I'm sorry you guys have to go through this - just not right.

I'm so sorry ladyjane!!

What the heck is a CV?

Curriculum vitae - translation = resume - go figure!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My word! What a load of #######! A CV???? Wow...are we to start mentioning THAT when someone asks what documents to bring?? Anyone here that hasn't had a document at the interview just has to get it to them before they will issue a visa. So what's up with this second interview as well??? Hopefully you can enlighten us soon! I'm SO sorry this is happening to you!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

LadyJane so sorry to hear about this...*shaking my fist at Montreal*... I cant believe they said they would "re-schedule"...what?! ... why couldnt they just say the approval was on hold until they get the resume! *now shaking both fists at Montreal*...will think good thoughts for you both that you will soon get this all cleared up..

kcmetzy I had no idea what a CV was either, Ive never heard that term...headed straight to Wikipedia...LOL..I now have my husband writing up his resume to include for our K-3 interview next week...JUST IN CASE!

another reason I am so thankful for VJ, who would think to include a resume to take..not us.. just feel so bad that LadyJane and her husband had to be the ones that we use as an example of what extra documents might be asked for..

Edited by kimmbo

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Timeline
LadyJane so sorry to hear about this...*shaking my fist at Montreal*... I cant believe they said they would "re-schedule"...what?! ... why couldnt they just say the approval was on hold until they get the resume! *now shaking both fists at Montreal*...will think good thoughts for you both that you will soon get this all cleared up..

kcmetzy I had no idea what a CV was either, Ive never heard that term...headed straight to Wikipedia...LOL..I now have my husband writing up his resume to include for our K-3 interview next week...JUST IN CASE!

another reason I am so thankful for VJ, who would think to include a resume to take..not us.. just feel so bad that LadyJane and her husband had to be the ones that we use as an example of what extra documents might be asked for..

You aren't the only one LadyJane..

Check this out..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1502672

I'm a little upset about it, no where does it say you need to bring a resume (unless I missed it). How would you possibly know to bring it? What if you are going to be stay at home wife..isn't that what the affidavit of support is for?! I'm B-I-T-T-E-R.

Timeline

Hi Guys,

I'm the other half of LadyJane.

Take a look at the other thread I started (I didn't know that my wife had started this).

Explaining the CV request at my interview.

(Edit: I just noticed that kcmetzy had linked this in the previous post, thanks!)

:(

Any other ideas?

What!? I don't even know what to make of this, I'm sure you guys don't know either. His CV, it never would have occurred to me to include that in documents to take. Does the work history have to match the G325A - did he change jobs or anything?

And what is this about his interview being rescheduled soon? He has to go BACK!? Does he live in Montreal?

I'm sorry you guys have to go through this - just not right.

I'm so sorry ladyjane!!

What the heck is a CV?

Edited by FEW

WOW, I am so sorry you guys have to go through this LadyJane .... :(

I guess I better tell the Husband to start preparing his CV.....

I wonder what they will surprise us with next

06/12/04 ~ Met Laurent

02/23/07 ~ He proposed :)

05/05/07 ~ Married in Quebec

I-130

06/22/07 ~ I-130 sent to VSC

06/29/07 ~ NOA 1

10/15/07 ~ NOA 2 (115 days)

NVC

10/22/07 ~ NVC received case/case number assigned

02/19/08 ~ Case complete (120 days)

02/26/08 ~ Case forwarded to Montreal

Montreal

04/24/08 ~ INTERVIEW - APPROVED :)(65 days) (300 days from NOA1 to interview)

04/29/08 ~ Received Visa

USA

05/23/08 ~ Larry moved to the US :)

06/06/08 ~ Received SSN

06/26/08 ~ Received 2 year Greencard

ROC

02/02/10 ~ I-751 sent to VSC

02/05/10 ~ NOA

03/04/10 ~ Bio. Appt.

04/29/10 ~ Card production ordered

05/06/10 ~ Received 10 year Greencard

.png

Timeline

I emailed it to them about an hour after I left the building. :huh:

It was not a fun walk back to the university. I guess I shouldn't have had such high hopes. I thought it would be the day I finally cleared the obstacle course towards living with my (L) LadyJane. Soon enough, I hope.

... tell the Husband to start preparing his CV...

ps. I put the wrong service center by accident, is it possible to fix it?

Edited by FEW

Timeline

wow!! First time ever I have heard of them asking for a resume!! Hopefully u get it straightened out soonest. I try to be one of the few that sticks up for the Mtl consulate (they were good to me) but hard to when things like that happen. Sorry.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Just to clarify, I am not sure if I'll need another interview. That's not quite what the CO said. He said that it would be delayed and he needed my CV. He told me to keep my passport, and just email him my CV. I was kind of shell-shocked, and I didn't understand clearly what they are planning to do. Based on the email response from the consulate, I'm not sure if I'll need to have another interview/appointment. If not, how will they get my passport?!?

Well, it did NOT go well and I'm irate. Everything was going well. The usual questions "where did you meet", "what do you do". The C.O. asked my husband for his CV, and my husband didn't have it (figures...the one piece of paper he didn't have is the one they asked for). Why the CV? I have no clue! When was the last time they asked for someone's CV for a marriage-based visa? Uhhhh, never. So now hubby is emailing the CV and his interview will be rescheduled....*soon*. (ha)

Here's the email I sent to the consulate (Montreal-IV-DV):

To whom it concerns:

Today I had my US immigration visa interview (January 18th, 2008). My

case has been delayed because of required addition documentation. As

per the request of the consular officer, I am attaching my curriculum

vitae (CV).

I would like to know my new interview or appointment date please.

I have also attached a 1 page newsletter including an article about my

wife and I pertaining to our professional activities (Published online

this month by the Society for Applied Spectroscopy).

Thank you,

FEW

Here's the reply I received from the Montreal consulate:

I have forwarded your information to the consul who interviewed you.

There is no appointment needed at this time and we will

complete our administrative work and advise you soonest.

Have a good weekend

Operator 6

I'm sure that there is some positive motivation on the part of the consular officer who interviewed me; the process and motivation is just completely opaque to me... :crying:

Timeline

I just read your other thread as well, you guys must find this so confusing - as we all do. As you mention, it obviously has something to do with your Phd - and I suppose, if that is it, they don't generally ask for documentation from the applicant but rather they check it out themselves - which would explain why they asked for your CV.

Even if all of that is true, I still don't understand why they gave you your passport back - I mean they want to check it out or whatever - but as you mentioned they need the passport to issue the visa. It's all very confusing and I know you two must be so disappointed at this point.

It will all come out alright - the additional waiting is more than annoying but hang in there.

Timeline

I believe (and i could be wrong) a few others have gone to the interview and somethimg has came up that resulted in not recieving the visa. Soem left the passport with the consulate, some did not!! The ones I read didnt have to go back for an interview. I believe when told so by Mtl, they mailed the passport to them, and Mtl mailed the passport back. I could be wrong though, my brain packed full of RN stuff,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I believe (and i could be wrong) a few others have gone to the interview and somethimg has came up that resulted in not recieving the visa. Soem left the passport with the consulate, some did not!! The ones I read didnt have to go back for an interview. I believe when told so by Mtl, they mailed the passport to them, and Mtl mailed the passport back. I could be wrong though, my brain packed full of RN stuff,lol

Good point, I believe I have read a few like that too.

Timeline

Yeah. It's oh so very, very confusing. Not the start to the weekend I'd hoped for.

Keep in mind that the whole thing is rather surreal (especially having not slept well, and going through a heavy snowstorm on the way to get there early). After he asked for my CV, I was kind of shell-shocked, and I didn't really understand what he said the process would be. I do remember the three things he told me:

1. Take your passport

2. Email your CV

3. Something will happen (they will call/email me?)

I forgot to mention earlier that he asked me to write my email address down for him (in red pen none the less). So I assume he will email me back.

Thanks for the sympathy, it soothes the sting. :)

Even if all of that is true, I still don't understand why they gave you your passport back - I mean they want to check it out or whatever - but as you mentioned they need the passport to issue the visa. It's all very confusing and I know you two must be so disappointed at this point.

I nearly had a heart attack while reading flames9' post. I misread it as saying that they were *not* going to issue a visa. I don't think that's what he means? I think that since I'm living in Montreal, and working near the consulate (CO said as much, because he knows how close the university is), maybe he doesn't mind asking me to come drop it off there when he needs it. (I didn't ask to keep it, I offered to leave it with him. The hoping didn't change his mind...)

Timeline

No you're right, that's not what flames meant - he meant not issuing the visa right away - not - not issuing it at all :)

I think that fact that you are in Montreal, working close by probably did have a bearing on why he sent you off with your passport, knowing it would be fairly simple for you to drop it off at any time. Also that he asked for your email, I think, is also a good thing.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I definitely didn't get the impression that the CO wasn't planning to issue me the visa, which is the one good thing.

I really hope it doesn't take long.

I spoke to LadyJane a few minutes ago (she's on her way to a conference out west and has a changeover at Minneapolis). I think that you guys are a good part of the reason that we both haven't melted today. Thanks!

No you're right, that's not what flames meant - he meant not issuing the visa right away - not - not issuing it at all :)

I think that fact that you are in Montreal, working close by probably did have a bearing on why he sent you off with your passport, knowing it would be fairly simple for you to drop it off at any time. Also that he asked for your email, I think, is also a good thing.

Edited by FEW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.