Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Tea and crumpets :luv:

WAIT! Do they have crumpets in the US? :o I never thought of that!

Yes - I have seen them... sometimes they are packaged as "English Muffins" LMAO

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they call crumpets English muffins, what do they call English muffins? :wacko:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Oh if you see those they are called English muffins as well - just that different manufacturers don't seem to really have much of a clue!! :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Really!? Maybe it's just the crazy Californians then... or did I see them in Oregon? It might have been Oregon actually - I remember Jeremy pointing them out and asking if they looked like real English muffins and I laughed and told him no :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

My local food shop carries crumpets. I just bought a package, they are called Duffey's Crumpets. Theres a Union Jack on the label and all lol

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

i've found crumpets here in nyc imported from Canada once but havent seen them since so i tried making my own, quite easy to make actually!

.png

AOS Timeline

7/26/2007 - Package sent to Chicago box

10/05/2007 - Biometrics Appointment

11/08/2007 - EAD approval notice by email

11/16/2007 - EAD card received

11/16/2007 - Advance Parole documents received

1/08/2008 - Interview

1/15/2008 - Approval notice received by email

1/25/2008 - Green Card received

I751 Timeline

12/22/2009 - NOA

1/26/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

3/29/2010 - ordered production of card!

"If a stranger lives with you in your land, do not ill-treat him.

Treat him as you would your native born

and love him as you love yourselves..."

LEVITICUS 19:33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Evening! :D

Oh yeah, it's tea time in the UK! :lol:

nothing better than tea and strumpets :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Oooh - how can you make them?! I sense a recipe is in order :whistle:

Heheheh :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Trader Joe's carries proper crumpets.

I love Trader Joe's! It was a proper shopping experience. I loved the Victorian-style packaging and I'm a sucker for organic/free-range food anyway.

Oooh - how can you make them?! I sense a recipe is in order :whistle:

Heheheh :D

Here's a recipe!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
we've had two visa processes going at the same time. One for him to be here and one for me to go there. for the UK one they had our passports for months, so I ended up going to godforsaken Croydon 3 times to pick them up for travelling.

Oh god, not Lunar House? My sympathies. I remember waiting in line at 6am waiting to get my ILR stamp moved to a new passport, in the freezing February pre-dawn. Croydon ALWAYS means Lunar House to me now!

Yup, the very place. The first time i went there i used my oyster in London bridge, and there's no oyster to get out. The ticket guy was going to fine me £20 :angry: , then his supervisor (an Indian guy) came over, and asked what the commotion was about. I made a very sad face, and told them i had no idea that croydon didn't have an oyster thingy, i'd never been there, and I was only there to go to Lunar house for immigration reasons. The guy took such pity on me they let me off!! :yes:

What did you do in Telly Maven?? Very interested as I had a short spell in TV land myself

Just to add, I also loooove Trader Joes, can't wait to have a wholefoods or TJ's as my local Supermarket. Anyone know what their cheese selection is like?

The UK Wiki

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
I love Trader Joe's! It was a proper shopping experience. I loved the Victorian-style packaging and I'm a sucker for organic/free-range food anyway.

When my OH came to the UK first he looked at some of the packaging in the shop and said 'oh is that the welfare food?' :lol: It was the pared down packaging that the organic/otherwise-worthy-food comes in. When his mom came to visit he had to explain to his mom that we weren't on food stamps - it's how the good food looks!!! :P

The UK Wiki

Haha - I saw imported cheddar from Bristol!! It was soooo expensive compared to here - and it was orange - boo!! I have a pic at home - someone remind me and I will post it when I get back :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

I didn't look very hard at the selection of cheeses while I was over there, but I did buy a block of cheddar for my lasagne and it tasted like normal cheddar to me! Then again I'm not very well versed on cheeses; they give me terrible indigestion so I largely ignore them. Sad, I know. :(

The food is definitely the most important part, but it's amazing what an effect good packaging can have on even those of us who know all about marketing techniques! Then again, maybe I'm so enamoured with the packaging because I've done design courses.

I was so tempted to buy a big, clingfilm-wrapped slab of chocolate at Trader Joe's, but they were pretty expensive! I went for one of the more fancily-wrapped bars in the end.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.