~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
It's a lovely 81F here in Charlotte today. Am I missing the Massachusetts weather? Hmmmmm, let me think about that... :D

Now just imagine that you're outside in that weather and forced to wear a heavy sweater (jumper). That's how I feel.

Edited by *julez*

Timeline
Lucky you have heating, ours doesn't go on for another month. They are trying to save money.

That's the approach I'm taking at my house...no heat until Nov. 1st. Its tough since we've had some pretty cold weather, but its too early in the season to become heat dependant. Here we rely on the heat well into April. 7 months of heating bills would crush me financially. Six is bad enough. :(

Well it is warming up again and is meant to be over 100 by the end of the week again but we are making the most of the milder weather -we still have the windows open but the cool breeze has diminished somewhat and we have the fan blowing warm air around the room...

I expect the AC will be back on towards the middle/end of the week but hopefully we can turn it off at night :)

We will defo be moving to somewhere that has four seasons though - I am getting used to the heat but Jeremy has always hated it and the thought of snuggling up all warm in front of a fire while it is cold outside just seems wonderful...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
We will defo be moving to somewhere that has four seasons though - I am getting used to the heat but Jeremy has always hated it and the thought of snuggling up all warm in front of a fire while it is cold outside just seems wonderful...

That's one of the reasons I found Charlotte so appealing, it has four distinct seasons. MA had hot summers and cold winters but spring and autumn only lasted about a week each.

Hmmm yeah - something that Jeremy and I want to do is look through all the States and shortlist the ones that have four seasons then shortlist cities in each and move from there - we have plenty of time to figure it out though so :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning uk!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How's everyone's week going? I am having a party Friday night and I'm trying to think of things to serve. It was demanded that I make my awesome guacamole, and I'm making cupcakes. I was trying to think of a few other things too. At Gaelic Imports a few weeks ago I had these mini pasties that were amazing...however what do you guys think? Would it be a weird mix to have mini pasties, guacamole, and cupcakes?

wtf-picard.jpg

Definitely not - an eclectic mix is always good!! How about deviled eggs? I am planning on making some for my hallowe'en party. Truffles could be good as well - easy to make and really yummy :D Do you have a theme for the party? Sometimes I find that helps :D Otherwise check out some of the things on allrecipes.com :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Definitely not - an eclectic mix is always good!! How about deviled eggs? I am planning on making some for my hallowe'en party. Truffles could be good as well - easy to make and really yummy :D Do you have a theme for the party? Sometimes I find that helps :D Otherwise check out some of the things on allrecipes.com :)

Really the theme...well there isn't much of one. honestly, I wanted a party only to drink a lot and to give me an excuse to make this cake:

Janet%20T.jpg

Yes, it is a Tom Selleck cake. However, I think if I might try to do it the cake would be an epic fail as my icing artistry skills are at the novice level. Instead I'm going to bake cupcakes and draw a 'stache on them and fill it in with brown sprinkles.

It's quite a crowd...the group ranges from Americans to Brits to Canadians to Indians so I wanted to have a bit of something everyone could enjoy.

wtf-picard.jpg

Oooh Indian snack food is yummy :D And that is a great cake - you should give it a go anyway - I mean, how hard can it be? And if it looks ####### at least you will still get to eat it :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
It's quite a crowd...the group ranges from Americans to Brits to Canadians to Indians so I wanted to have a bit of something everyone could enjoy.

Go with a "Foods from around the world" theme and pick a treat from each of the countries you are entertaining.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.