Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Benefit No. 629 of working from home: I can work while watching a Maury Povich show called, "I was in a coma -- I can't be your baby's father!"

:lol: that must be some show!

good morning everyone.

Charles -- it was awesome. And guess what? They ALL turned out to be the babydaddy! There was one that didn't hew to the title of the show, and truly was sad. The mother had been seeing someone else about a week before she met the putative father. She became pregnant almost immediately in the new relationship, but the new boyfriend/father didn't flinch and stayed with her, eventually becoming a loving father devoted to his partner and daughter. However, the woman never told the father she had been with another man a week before they met. The old boyfriend found out a baby had been born, and started claiming he was the father. Cue the entrance of the Maury program. The new "daddy" was a real jerk, and everyone was rooting for the guy who had stepped up to the plate. The jerk turned out to be the father, of course, and everyone else was devastated. The guy who had been there all along said he would stand by his partner and the child he considered his daughter, even if he wasn't biologically her father.

Maury did say something I thought was a bit out of line -- he said women should learn not to sleep with more than one guy at a time. First, this woman was NOT sleeping with two guys at one time; she was seeing one guy, they split up, she met another one. Okay, she did sleep with him a week later, but seriously, this is not overlapping. And second, why shouldn't a woman sleep with more than one man if she wants to? I'm not advocating it myself, but I'm not about to judge women or men who do so.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Damn straight sister, Maury - stay out of our uterus's - except when we don't just want a dna test, we want the results revealed on TV :jest:

in other news, got an email back from the NY office, the assistant of the LA guys boss (if you can follow that) who I also cc'ed. YAY :dance: They said they were going to write the letter, and get it sent out today :dance: If I got in to the union without having to work on E! true life story, I will be forever in their debt. Not least because of the health insurance that comes with the dues. :dance::D:dance:

The UK Wiki

Yay! That's great news Pointy!! See? Persistence pays!! So if C ever has a go at you for nagging then just remind him of that :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
Damn straight sister, Maury - stay out of our uterus's - except when we don't just want a dna test, we want the results revealed on TV :jest:

in other news, got an email back from the NY office, the assistant of the LA guys boss (if you can follow that) who I also cc'ed. YAY :dance: They said they were going to write the letter, and get it sent out today :dance: If I got in to the union without having to work on E! true life story, I will be forever in their debt. Not least because of the health insurance that comes with the dues. :dance::D:dance:

:thumbs:

Timeline

well the union still hasn't accepted it, but I hope that the see I have plenty of experience.

Now here's a random question, where would you go to buy ribbons? I made a little hat for a friends baby, but I just want to get a little blue ribbon for around it. Google maps is a great resource, but I find that it doesn't work well for finding small businesses. Basically I'm asking what's the american equivilent of John Lewis?

The UK Wiki

Filed: Timeline
well the union still hasn't accepted it, but I hope that the see I have plenty of experience.

Now here's a random question, where would you go to buy ribbons? I made a little hat for a friends baby, but I just want to get a little blue ribbon for around it. Google maps is a great resource, but I find that it doesn't work well for finding small businesses. Basically I'm asking what's the american equivilent of John Lewis?

Michael's. There's one in Burbank.

http://www.michaels.com

Timeline

Michael's. There's one in Burbank.

http://www.michaels.com

go raibh míle maith agat!! (thanks a thousand)

The UK Wiki

Pointy, if you come up to fabulous Burbank, let me know. I need to get some new wool for knitting -- getting a headstart on Xmas prezzies.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yay Pointy.

Does anyone here watch The Biggest Loser? Honestly I haven't but I just got the workout video of one of their personal trainers Jill Michaels. I'm still sore from doing it last Friday.

wtf-picard.jpg

:lol: You guys put me all to shame - I am still trying to convince myself to eat better, drink less, exercise more... you get the idea... I am waiting to wake up one day and suddenly become motivated and it hasn't happened yet. It happened a few years ago and I lost a couple of stone but now... mnleh - I just can't be bothered and it is terrible!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.