Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Hey Poiteen - I have been meaning to email, but have been a little slammed. I have been calling on some people I know, but the union thing is a problem. I need to follow up with some stuff though.

Is this just the matter of having the letter? Can you offer to write the letter and just have the guy sign it?

That's cool Robin, I'm just getting impatient with these guys, cos I don't even know if the union will accept the letter and my UK paystubs. If they do, great, if they don't, at least I would know where I stand. That's why I just want to sort it out, and move on.

As for the letter itself, I have given them the exact letter that they would need to sign. sigh. I guess I might have to go to his boss. I just need to figure out how to do it without pis$ing anyone off.

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the experience you need to get in the union, yes? Can you apply for jobs and say that your membership is pending?

This may sound like a cheeseball suggestion - but have you offered to take the guy to lunch to help move the process along?

90day.jpg

I agree with going to his boss - just phrase things really nicely explaining that you know that X person is really busy and you really appreciate that he is going to do this for you but the delay is preventing you from getting any work yourself and that it would be really helpful if something could happen soon. Sometimes you have to step on toes, especially if it is something so important. You can apologise later if you get anyone's back up, but if he has a problem taking time out to just sign a letter then he needs to accept that you will have to take other steps.

As for the oven - apparently now someone is coming out tomorrow now :( Boo!! Oh well - we are going to use it as an excuse to go out to a lovely little Italian place that is cheap and yummy :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
You have the experience you need to get in the union, yes? Can you apply for jobs and say that your membership is pending?

This may sound like a cheeseball suggestion - but have you offered to take the guy to lunch to help move the process along?

Don't think I can do the first suggestion, the second.... C reckons I should calm down about the whole thing. Let them come to me. I don't know about that. I'm finding this pretty frustrating.

Where's Maven these days?

The UK Wiki

Filed: Timeline

Don't think I can do the first suggestion, the second.... C reckons I should calm down about the whole thing. Let them come to me. I don't know about that. I'm finding this pretty frustrating.

Where's Maven these days?

Pointy - This is your career. No, you should not calm down. Sorry, but I really think you should be more aggressive - this is LA, there are a ton of people vying for the same jobs in the industry. You need to know if you are union or not so you can get non union gigs! :)

Edited by illumine

Benefit No. 629 of working from home: I can work while watching a Maury Povich show called, "I was in a coma -- I can't be your baby's father!"

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I remember an episode of Jeremy Kyle where there were two sisters who had both slept with the same chav and each got knocked up and had his kid. So the kids were half siblings as well as cousins; their mothers were also their aunts and their dad was also their uncle. And here I thought this kind of stuff only happened in the hollers! :jest:

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

hey guys, I emailed the guy, and cc'ed his boss. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon. I'm starting to really miss going to work. Watching the news all day is starting to send me batty :wacko:

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Benefit No. 629 of working from home: I can work while watching a Maury Povich show called, "I was in a coma -- I can't be your baby's father!"

:lol: that must be some show!

good morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

hey guys, I emailed the guy, and cc'ed his boss. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon. I'm starting to really miss going to work. Watching the news all day is starting to send me batty :wacko:

That's what VJ's for :D

As for... interesting families... I bet Jeremy's could give anyone's a run for their money :whistle: Don't get me wrong, they are lovely people - but they are the sort of family that fuels the trailer trash stereotype ;)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.