Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

I remember being that tormented as a teen! And funnily, that looks a lot like a pic I took of my friend Lisa in photography class in highschool. A classic pose.

I was too. No one understood my pain! It was unique to me and made me special.

My friend and I created a collective noun for large groups of misunderstood teenagers: a confusion. As in "a confusion of misunderstood youth had collected in the parking lot of the 7-11 to hang out." Or "a mass confusion of misunderstoods made their way to the the marilyn manson concert."

I am still misunderstood! That was no phase. I couldn't go for pale and interesting with my colouring, so I just wore a whole lotta black, as I still do. In fact, I've often thought that my whole "Hey, I should move to London!" lark started with the idea that somehow people were a lot more in touch with their tortured, morbid souls and that all the guys would be just like Morrissey and Robert Smith. WRONG.

Is it not the biggest disappoint of 80s anglopheliac that this is not so?

90day.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
maven, were you going through a period of being misunderstood when that picture was taken?

:rofl:

Perhaps the Smiths were your favorite band? Or Siouxsie?

I remember being that tormented as a teen! And funnily, that looks a lot like a pic I took of my friend Lisa in photography class in highschool. A classic pose.

I was too. No one understood my pain! It was unique to me and made me special.

My friend and I created a collective noun for large groups of misunderstood teenagers: a confusion. As in "a confusion of misunderstood youth had collected in the parking lot of the 7-11 to hang out." Or "a mass confusion of misunderstoods made their way to the the marilyn manson concert."

I am still misunderstood! That was no phase. I couldn't go for pale and interesting with my colouring, so I just wore a whole lotta black, as I still do. In fact, I've often thought that my whole "Hey, I should move to London!" lark started with the idea that somehow people were a lot more in touch with their tortured, morbid souls and that all the guys would be just like Morrissey and Robert Smith. WRONG.

Is it not the biggest disappoint of 80s anglopheliac that this is not so?

and yet, we still got Brits as husbands! :D

Confusion -- LOVE it.

Yes, it was a massive disappointment. Also disappointing was the realisation that being poor and bohemian isn't nearly as nice when you get past about 25.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Confusion -- LOVE it.

Yes, it was a massive disappointment. Also disappointing was the realisation that being poor and bohemian isn't nearly as nice when you get past about 25.

Ha ha! So true. My 18 year old self would be very disappointed at the way my 30something self has sold out to The Man.

90day.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I wish I had experimented more with my hair. When I was about 8 I had a total tantrum when I was getting my hair cut (it was also my aunt, a hairdresser, cutting it) I totally embarrassed my mother. I wanted my hair cut up to a bob with a fringe, at the time my hair was halfway down my back. My mum tried to convince me to go half way up, and if I still wanted to, go full bob after a week or so. I kicked and screamed, god what a temper I had, and finally got my way. I actually didn't like it in the end, but pretended I did. No pictures of it though, sorry.

The UK Wiki

Timeline

ohhh, Ginger, I missed the post about the cresent rolls, they look yum. I just love the cookie dough, biscuit dough etc that you can get here. They might have been available in england, but I never noticed them.

does anyone else get that, where posts appear further back the thread, and you didn't see them at first? I'm not explaining it very well

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Okay, this is the only one I can find right now, but as it's black and white you don't get the true horror:

I think I am 16 there, and very very deep. Also, my hand looks freakishly large.

That picture looks like it could have been an album cover.

I never had terribly interesting style...for most of the 90's where I'm from you had only one style: checked button down shirts and Pepe Jeans. Maybe Z Cavarici's. And brown clogs.

I'm a fan of pretty much any baked product. I can't really think of a baked product that I've met that I haven't liked. Baked goods are my achille's heel.

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline
mmmmhmmm I love farmers markets. The one near me is way cheaper than the supermarket, and I just made a bowl of guacamole from mostly farmers market ingredients, yumm

What do you all put in your guac?

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

it was avocado, tomato, onion, lemon juice, tiny bit of rice vinegar, as much cilantro (yes, I said cilantro) as I have, and I put in some chili flakes and some smoked paprika too. it was good, I ate it too fast, it always tastes nicer when it's been left sitting for a while :D

The UK Wiki

Timeline
it was avocado, tomato, onion, lemon juice, tiny bit of rice vinegar, as much cilantro (yes, I said cilantro) as I have, and I put in some chili flakes and some smoked paprika too. it was good, I ate it too fast, it always tastes nicer when it's been left sitting for a while :D

No I put cilantro in mine too...I think a little bit truly makes it taste out of this world.

I use basically the same ingredients, but I like to add some tomatillos, poblano peppers, fresh garlic, and green/red peppers as well. I LOVE me guac!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You live in LA now, you gotta make it the Mexican way-

avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, cilantro*

*gag, not in a million years, hate it, tastes like soap.

Edited by illumine

Timeline

No I put cilantro in mine too...I think a little bit truly makes it taste out of this world.

I use basically the same ingredients, but I like to add some tomatillos, poblano peppers, fresh garlic, and green/red peppers as well. I LOVE me guac!

you should try the smoked paprika, it's amazing. I was joking about the cilantro because we call it coriander ;)

Sounds like a nice simple recipie dev - but you don't like cilantro?? It makes it taste so nice and fresh!

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.