Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
that's a shame Ginger.

I'm off to find a beauty salon. I like living here but I hate having to find all new stuff. I found good yoghurts in Trader Joes, that was awesome, cos yoplait is very different here. I don't even want to think about finding doctors dentists and hairdressers. I hate going to the beauty salon anyway, but we have a pool here, and I've only used it once because of my lack of, ahem grooming. So off i go. This task is much easier when you're not driving. Walking past is always the best way to find nice neighbourhood things, driving past, you just can't get a good look :(

Finding a new salon is tough! I'm contemplating divorcing my stylist since I can't stand some of the things she says while cutting my hair. She's so judgemental and very right wing and its really starting to get to me. My best friend has already left her for the same reasons. BUT she really knows how to cut my hair! I'm really torn here. :unsure:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
that's a shame Ginger.

I'm off to find a beauty salon. I like living here but I hate having to find all new stuff. I found good yoghurts in Trader Joes, that was awesome, cos yoplait is very different here. I don't even want to think about finding doctors dentists and hairdressers. I hate going to the beauty salon anyway, but we have a pool here, and I've only used it once because of my lack of, ahem grooming. So off i go. This task is much easier when you're not driving. Walking past is always the best way to find nice neighbourhood things, driving past, you just can't get a good look :(

Finding a new salon is tough! I'm contemplating divorcing my stylist since I can't stand some of the things she says while cutting my hair. She's so judgemental and very right wing and its really starting to get to me. My best friend has already left her for the same reasons. BUT she really knows how to cut my hair! I'm really torn here. :unsure:

Anyway you can steer here to talk about a more neutral subject, such as cats?

funny-pictures-cat-is-asking-for-help-so-why-are-you-taking-photos.jpg

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

She just always goes on like she is so perfect, her devotion to her family & church are second to none. And I love the holy rollers, like her, sit in judgement of others. I'm really to the point where I just don't like her any more.

Last week I got my hair cut and she asked about my trip to the UK. Told it was great, blah, blah, blah. And she's like, "Don't you find that all people in England are rude?" I said "no". She said, Well, I have 2 British clients and that they are both so rude." I nearly introduced her to a kettle.

Timeline
She just always goes on like she is so perfect, her devotion to her family & church are second to none. And I love the holy rollers, like her, sit in judgement of others. I'm really to the point where I just don't like her any more.

Last week I got my hair cut and she asked about my trip to the UK. Told it was great, blah, blah, blah. And she's like, "Don't you find that all people in England are rude?" I said "no". She said, Well, I have 2 British clients and that they are both so rude." I nearly introduced her to a kettle.

LOL...she must not realize that maybe she rubs her Brit clients the wrong way.

Anyways, you can hardly make judgments about a country of 60 million based on two people.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Well I can recommend a good hairdresser and dentist but they are in Marina Del Rey, which may be a trek!

I have an excellent OB-GYN in Beverly Hills

Yoplait here has HFCS in it, which is why it probably tastes different (too sweet I assume)

I have an excellent dentist in Westwood.

I have a great GYN in Bev Hills too.

I have a fab (Brit) waxer in Culver City.

Hairdresser - Burbank!!!

Chiro/accupunturist - Santa Monica

Well, that is a bummer indeed. Especially about the haggis!

:no:

:lol:

Edited by illumine

Timeline

LOL...she must not realize that maybe she rubs her Brit clients the wrong way.

Anyways, you can hardly make judgments about a country of 60 million based on two people.

Exactly, which is why I think I need to try someone new. I mean, I have to see this person several times a year and talk to her and pay her good money. Sure, I like the hair, but hate all the insults.

Timeline
Well, that is a bummer indeed. Especially about the haggis!

:no:

I was being facetious. I hate haggis! :lol:

haggis%20in%20dish%20with%20knife%20-%20colour.JPG

Everything about that photo is horrible. The horribly loud Brady-esque tartan table clothe. The technicolor garnish. And well....the haggis is a given.

I think Nicky is going out by himself on Burn's Night.

wtf-picard.jpg

Dev -- who is the mystery Burbank hairdresser? I really need a trim -- cut off the split ends last night but my hair is looking bleh. I am at a hair crossroads -- either I dye my hair and remove the big white streak forming in it, or I embrace the streak and work it. I really don't know what to do, because I love my hair colour and it's all natural. I just feel a bit bored.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
My sophomore year I was running 6 minute miles, but I ended up getting mono over the summer and I could never quite run as fast again. What amazes me is Paula Radcliffe...her world record is 2:15...so she's running 5:19 miles. She would be done and I would only be halfway done lol.

She's actually faster on average- since she stops to take a toilet break :P

Timeline
I love haggis. Nom nom nom. :whistle:

Griff loves it too. And those nasty faggots, chips and mushy peas. Added the usual side dishes just in case someone got the wrong impression! And steak & kidney pie. And liver, bacon & onion gravy.

No thanks on the offal. *gags*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.