Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Mmmm - I want to get to baking but I made a pasta bake last night and in the 20 minutes or so that it took, I was so hot in our kitchen that I needed to take a shower... It is HORRIBLE! I want to be all Delia-like and domesticated but I just can't get my head around it in this heat - and it didn't even hit 100 yesterday! :o

Pointy - sounds like things are coming together at last! Is your sofa as sexy as our pastel Burberry one? :lol:

n739675434_1593528_500.jpg

You shouldn't let Jeremy leave his g-string out on the floor like that! He needs to learn to pick up after himself

:lol::P

I can make a decent banana bread but I've never attempted anything that would need yeast.

Maybe it was an American thing, but does anyone remember in the early 90's how breadmachines were in? Everyone's mom had one and every bride got one for her wedding.

You should keep your couch luau style!!! It was cool! :star: I am actually really happy with my couch. The horrible £80 Ikea futon we had in London as a 'stopgap' pi$$ed me off for 3 and a half years. I just couldn't deal with that again, so I splurged on it. Also my parents gave me some money towards it and it pulls out to make a bed, so they can stay on it when they come here, rather than paying for a hotel, so it's good all round. C doesn't like it all that much, but refused to have an opinion when we were shopping, so that's what happens!

Aly, you should really switch to saucepan cooking till the heat is a bit more tolerable. There's a reason that Asian, Southern, Mexican and Mediteranean cooking is pot based, it's easier to deal with in the heat :blush:

Oh and I've figured out my spontaneous baking. I mean I've been dying to have a nice kitchen and proper (functioning) oven for ages. But the real reason, I'm a few days from having my period. Does anyone else get the sudden urge for cleaning and baking sprees at this time?? I used to when I had a nice kitchen before, and it's come back now :wacko::star:

P.S. Bread machines are for wusses :P

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should keep your couch luau style!!! It was cool! :star: I am actually really happy with my couch. The horrible £80 Ikea futon we had in London as a 'stopgap' pi$$ed me off for 3 and a half years. I just couldn't deal with that again, so I splurged on it. Also my parents gave me some money towards it and it pulls out to make a bed, so they can stay on it when they come here, rather than paying for a hotel, so it's good all round. C doesn't like it all that much, but refused to have an opinion when we were shopping, so that's what happens!

Aly, you should really switch to saucepan cooking till the heat is a bit more tolerable. There's a reason that Asian, Southern, Mexican and Mediteranean cooking is pot based, it's easier to deal with in the heat :blush:

Oh and I've figured out my spontaneous baking. I mean I've been dying to have a nice kitchen and proper (functioning) oven for ages. But the real reason, I'm a few days from having my period. Does anyone else get the sudden urge for cleaning and baking sprees at this time?? I used to when I had a nice kitchen before, and it's come back now :wacko::star:

P.S. Bread machines are for wusses :P

We're going to get some throw or cover or something to cover up the nastiness but in the meantime it's ok as it is - it's only us that has to put up with it - besides - we won't have to decorate it for halloween!! It's scary enough as it is!!!

It is reasonably comfy though and it is pretty big which is nice if I feel like lying down on it for a change of scenery from the bedroom :lol:

Saucepan cooking is ok - I do a fair amount of that but then it all tends to be a bit too stodgy so I don't really want to eat it in the heat! I think salads are the way forward :D I swear if we had a bigger/nicer kitchen then I might be more inclined to cook - of course, it is prolly just an excuse ;)

Hmmm - not sure about cooking and baking sprees - I tend to want to eat lots, but cooking? Nah... :lol: And cleaning is just something I have to do before I can relax - Jeremy doesn't get it - he prefers to put things off but I like to get everything that needs doing out of the way :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It's funny - people insult each other with impunity in off topic, you can have threads about hookers and swinging, but you can't say a$$ because it's a family website. Go figure.

My life is not my own either - huge presentation due tomorrow!

And all sorts of misogynist bullcr@p and why any true red-blooded American male should choose a bride from overseas and whatnot.

VJ, meh.

oh you should see the russian forum. :whistle:

good morning all.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I've seen it all before in the various corners of VJ. I become overcome with jealousy that if only I'd been born in the third world, I could have twice the man my husband is (in weight and volume and age that is)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It's funny - people insult each other with impunity in off topic, you can have threads about hookers and swinging, but you can't say a$$ because it's a family website. Go figure.

My life is not my own either - huge presentation due tomorrow!

And all sorts of misogynist bullcr@p and why any true red-blooded American male should choose a bride from overseas and whatnot.

VJ, meh.

oh you should see the russian forum. :whistle:

good morning all.

I wonder if this applies to red-blooded American women?

I've seen it all before in the various corners of VJ. I become overcome with jealousy that if only I'd been born in the third world, I could have twice the man my husband is (in weight and volume and age that is)

LMAO @ twice the age and weight. I wish I could have been an attractive, subservient wife with an anchor baby too!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:rofl:

Zing!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl:

Ginger - try a thrift store! We have a tv that is ancient, has lived at Jeremy's aunt's house (which is a hole) forever and has a clear picture and works fine :lol: Of course, now I have said that, it will prolly blow up on us later ;)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

####### day. ####### weather. The the TV we just bought a month ago has died. Seriously...we have #### luck with TV's.

Well it seems like its ok now. I gave it a good punch on top, which brought the picture back. That will teach it for making me think I wont get to see the Newcastle match tomorrow!!

Waits for the punch back from the tv..

Damn that EAD wants to hurry up!

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Perhaps you can ease your shame by producing 5 kids or so. You know, make him feel big and manly that way :D

The UK Wiki

Only 5? Amateur!

Having said that, I recall that, being American/Western women, we are apparently anatomically correct for pushing puppies out without even noticing (cf. the vibrator thread the other week.)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.