Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

party? good lord i've not been to a party in forever. I do have a book signing this weekend which should be fun... beyond that.. just watching where Ike makes landfall LOL

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my "Senior Cliche Mix -- 'I'm Different, I Swear!'"

WARNING: This was 1990, so I am a little embarrassed now about some of these selections, particularly tracks 8 on side A and B!

Side A

1. Half a Person -- The Smiths

2. Should I Stay or Should I Go? -- The Clash

3. Groove is in the Heat -- Deee-Lite

4. Blister in the Sun -- Violent Femmes

5. I Say Nothing -- Voice of the Beehive

6. Boys Don't Cry -- The Cure

7. I Wanna Be Adored -- Stone Roses

8. Loveshack -- B-52s

9. Here Comes Your Man -- Pixies

10. Pale Blue Eyes -- Velvet Underground

11. Dammit, Janet -- Brad & Janet (from the Rocky Horror Picture Show)

12. Tainted Love -- Soft Cell

Side B

1. Lips Like Sugar -- Echo & the Bunnymen

2. Ana Ng -- They Might Be Giants

3. Anarchy in the UK -- Sex Pistols

4. Bizarre Love Triangle -- New Order

5. Kool Thing -- Sonic Youth

6. Raspberry Beret -- Prince & the Revolution

7. Dear God/Dying -- XTC

8. Outtake from "Crybaby" -- Johnny Depp and Ricki Lake, with Ricki Lake saying "Our Bazooms are our weapons."

9. Shoehorn With Teeth -- They Might Be Giants

10. Outtake from "The Breakfast Club" -- Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall in the scene about Brian's lunch: "Well Brian, this is a very nutricious lunch. All the food groups are represented. Did your mom marry Mr. Rogers? "

11. I Melt with You -- Modern English

I made copies for all my friends for Christmas 1990. There are apparently 2 others still in existence, which is pretty good for 18 years!

Great mix! I used to pride myself on making the best mix tapes for my friends & family. Haven't made one in ages. This has put me in a New Order mood now, Power, corruption & lies.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Thanks everyone for the thumbs up on my Senior Cliche Mix. It is a beaut, if I do say so myself. If I can make myself feel the fear and do it anyway, I may pop one of the tapes I have of my high school radio show, which I did with my friend Sunny. I can't stand hearing myself on a recording now, but listening to my 16-year-old self...*shudder*. I sound so effing jaded. I was only 16, ####### was my problem? And I sound soooooooo totally Prep School-cum-Valley Girl I want to gag myself with a spoon while wearing LL Bean gum boots. And pearls. :wacko:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone. it's freaking cold here!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Same in Chi-town. Had a truly British type day...cold and pissing down. I made Nicky chicken tikka masala for dinner and he had tea with it...truly a Brit night for us!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey ginger...in the OT forum there is renewed interest in your Chicago VJ meetup. Seems like a lot more people are prepared to attend. Don't know if you're still interested, but if so, you may want to pop into that thread! :star:

Timeline
Hey ginger...in the OT forum there is renewed interest in your Chicago VJ meetup. Seems like a lot more people are prepared to attend. Don't know if you're still interested, but if so, you may want to pop into that thread! :star:

Oi vey...I guess I'll have to get started. There didn't seem to be too much interest so I basically sort of forgot about it.

Sheesh...I'm a bad bad bad hostess!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Oi vey...I guess I'll have to get started. There didn't seem to be too much interest so I basically sort of forgot about it.

Sheesh...I'm a bad bad bad hostess!

:lol: Well, your siggy says that you are a good hostess! I wish Chicago was closer to us! Its my favorite city and where my husband and I met. :luv:

Did Jeremy ever get a new tire for the van? Or is he still grappling with the tire repair in a can stuff?

:lol: No - the tire eventually (two or three cans later) was beyond repair so he swapped it out for the spare which has a lump so makes a dreadful noise but is vaguely road-worthy. At least it doesn't have holes in (yes - he had one that was so cracked and holey that I forced him to buy a new one!) and isn't flat!! We still need to buy a new tire but just can't afford it yet :(

lessons? but that's what Poiteens and Mavens and for that matter Jeramy's are for!! Anyway, you know how to drive already!

:lol: Pointy - no offense to the others but you would prolly make the best teacher as you have just had it all taught to you! I am sure the others have picked up their fair share of... "personal techniques" :lol: I'm just a big wuss really!!!

Same in Chi-town. Had a truly British type day...cold and pissing down. I made Nicky chicken tikka masala for dinner and he had tea with it...truly a Brit night for us!

Awwww I love tikka masala!!! Mmmmm but tea with it!? Surely beer is the only true curry drink?! :lol:

In other news, my step brother had his first baby today!! I'm gutted I can't see him yet :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
:lol: Well, your siggy says that you are a good hostess! I wish Chicago was closer to us! Its my favorite city and where my husband and I met. :luv:

You should look into flights...there are some decent deals right now. I think Southwest flies out of Buffalo??? It's on a Saturday so you could come in on Friday evening and leave Sunday evening.

Awwww I love tikka masala!!! Mmmmm but tea with it!? Surely beer is the only true curry drink?! :lol:

In other news, my step brother had his first baby today!! I'm gutted I can't see him yet :(

Congrats on the new baby! I love babies...particulary other people's babies that I can give back to them when they start crying!

I tell you, Wetherspoon's actually makes a pretty good Chicken Tikka Masala. Granted, it's microwaved but still not bad. And the Berncastle wine (£7.99) goes well with it.

We were all out of beer :-(

wtf-picard.jpg

Awww wetherspoons... seems a million miles away... luckily Palm Springs has a few Indian restaurants and the one we went to has tikka masala :D Not quite so good as home but still ;)

I get funny looks when I order Indian because I prefer to have poppadoms with my main instead of naan :lol: I tried asking here and I don't think they understood so I just had to save some from earlier :rolleyes:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.