~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
When I was a kid and used to visit my family in Texas I lived in constant fear of the cockroaches and lizards in the yard. On my cousin's ranch I once saw a tarantula - I never recovered.

I can deal with lizards and snakes. I dunno why...they don't freak me out so much. Maybe it's just invertebrates that bother me?

wtf-picard.jpg

Call me naive but I didn't realise they lived here... nor mantises (though those are pretty cool when they don't fly/run at you :lol: )

I dunno - I guess I always thought that animals frequently seen in a zoo back in the UK were from the deepest depths of some exotic rainforest or suchlike... :unsure: I don't mind them so much when they are behind glass...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
Call me naive but I didn't realise they lived here... nor mantises (though those are pretty cool when they don't fly/run at you :lol: )

I dunno - I guess I always thought that animals frequently seen in a zoo back in the UK were from the deepest depths of some exotic rainforest or suchlike... :unsure: I don't mind them so much when they are behind glass...

Do you ever watch that show on Discovery called Verminators? That show is the creepiest crawliest show

Verminators

There was an episode once where it was the infestations...yes and that is plural...from hell. This guy was a very bad alcoholic and made home brew in his apartment to boot. Anyways, this guy had

roaches

bedbugs (his mattress was covered in blood from the bites)

mice

ants

black widow spiders

but the kicker...when the exterminators went onto his deck to check out the closet out there, he had a nest of killer bees! It was honestly the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life.

wtf-picard.jpg

Yeah - I heard of the show.,.. I don't watch it for that very reason :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Anyone want a piece of this?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=149209

I don't normally comment on typos but to spell something so... critical... as the USC - twice... well it just made me laugh and I am in a mean kinda mood :devil:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh and sorry Charles - bug on this page as well now :lol:

a cat would take care of that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

where is everyone? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I made a very big mistake the other day. I was in the mall. There was a pet shop. They had actual puppies in cages in the pet shop!! How mean! I thought. But now I want one. There was a tiny yorkshire terrier puppy that was so adorable.... oh lord. Must not get a dog, must at least get job first, must not get dog......

The UK Wiki

Charles - have been wondering myself :( I know the Maven has a paper due though so *gasp* maybe she is working on it? Of course, if she was then she would be on here more :lol:

Pointy - I know what you mean - and the thing is you are much better getting a rescue pup anyway ;) We're going to get a rescue kitty as soon as we get the car because we will be able to afford it with the amount we will save on gas!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Have you guys worked out when you're going to pick up the car? Or even when you're going to come over here and visit?

As for the puppies, I would really not want to encourage the practice of having puppies in those shops, so I wouldn't buy one there anyway. I mean buying a puppy from a mall?? No. I think the pound or rescue organisation is a good way to go, but I just don't know what people do with their pets when they're away all day at work? My mum has always stayed home, so we've never had that problem. I know cats are better in terms of leaving them in a small apartment. But me and cats, well, we tolerate each other, but that's as far as it goes. I'm a doggie person really.

The UK Wiki

Shut up, Aly. I AM working! Hee hee, halfway done with section one! :dance::dance::dance:

Biiiiig barney last night here in Burbank. I had an accident at a gas station -- I was going too fast pulling in, didn't judge properly where a post was in relation to my car, and a kid was running around and oof. I made a big dent in the Taurus (thank god, it was the Taurus) and a crack in the bumper. I'm okay, a bit shaken and hysterical. I drove home, told Bruce and he and I proceeded to have a huge blow-out about it, which culminated in me locking myself in the bathroom for a while, crying for my mother (sorry, I actually think I was calling for my mommy). Then we fought some more, I called my mom and said some horrible things, she said some horrible things, and then Bruce and I finally came to some sort of peace later on. Evil evening.

Things are much better today. I am busy on my paper, wearing what Bruce calls my muu-muu (man, should have worn it to the luau!). It's a horrible, much too big sundress from New Look which is very comfy and seems to bring writing powers I did not know I have. I am rocking the muu-muu!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

good morning everyone. it's another rainy day here in kansas. kinda cold too - it's like late oct already weatherwise. :help:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Fender benders lead to huge blow outs. My freshman year of college I rear ended a car ahead of me...and since I was still on my parents insurance they were NOT HAPPY. Somehow it became some huge blow out where my parents said if I wasn't sleeping w/ my boyfriend at the time this wouldn't have happened?!?!?! Anyways, it ended up where we didn't speak to each other for nearly a year.

It has been a veritable cemetary this weekend in here. Next weekend I'm going to be MIA...Brit meetup Friday, Celtic Fest Saturday, and half marathon Sunday.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Timeline

That sucks Maven!

I actually swiped a car's rubber bumper pulling in to parallel park (frontways, traffic pushed me to do it wrongly). Luckily, I was able to rub most of the rubber smear off. And I was nervous about telling J (even tho it's my car), but he says, it's OK, we all have accidents. Just remember that when I have one.

:lol:

Side note: My new waxer is from Bristol - we had a chat about Clifton & St. Mary Redcliffe & Avon Gorge pub & balloon festival, etc. Small world. Altho she originally said she was from Bath - what a faker!

Edited by illumine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.