Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

ok so how bout that 90210, :unsure:

:lol:

Oh dear - all I can say is that I really am glad that I don't have to vote :lol: I hated the politics in the UK as well and I have managed to avoid most of the propaganda floating around here - I saw more coverage in the UK ;) Imho the person who is the most convincing liar wins - combined of course with the judgment about what they think people want to be convinced on. The successful liar then has the opportunity to try not to get hated while in power (and let's face it, from all I have seen in politics, the "leaders" always get bad-mouthed at the time, it is only in retrospect that people consider them to have -maybe- done a decent job).

Of course, it could just be put down that I am not cut out for politics as I am a notorious fence-sitter and much prefer to let everyone else battle it out - how apathetic I am :lol:

Completely on topic as well, but so I don't (maybe) get caught in a political crossfire that I don't like (or half the time, understand :lol: ) I got my biometrics appointment letter today - 16th Sept we get to take a trip to Riverside - yay me! :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I caught a disease from Bruce... :unsure:

It's called I-need-more-cars-itis. It is apparently chronic, and is expensive to treat. I have it so bad, I had to buy a '93 Mustang convertible. :devil: It's awesome -- I can't stop grinning when I'm gunning it.

So LA girlies, who's up for a ride with the top down this weekend? :star:

Wow, it's like I'm the car fairy, and I turned the wand on myself.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

:lol: Maven!! You are so bad!!!

I've been fighting with a roach this evening :lol: You can read about it here if you're interested as I think I summarised it quite nicely in an e-mail :D It's been interesting but I also found a little game site where I have been chatting online - simple pleasures but fun - it has brightened my evening and my day so that can only be a good thing :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's called I-need-more-cars-itis. It is apparently chronic, and is expensive to treat. I have it so bad, I had to buy a '93 Mustang convertible. :devil: It's awesome -- I can't stop grinning when I'm gunning it.

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!!!!

I'd be happy to wash my hair this weekend, and see how long it takes to dry it in the convertible :lol:

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mustang Maven eh? To the tune of "Mustang Sally of course...

:lol: Maven!! You are so bad!!!

I've been fighting with a roach this evening :lol: You can read about it here if you're interested as I think I summarised it quite nicely in an e-mail :D It's been interesting but I also found a little game site where I have been chatting online - simple pleasures but fun - it has brightened my evening and my day so that can only be a good thing :)

I spent my night fighting one of these things myself!

HouseCentipede.jpg

I saw it crawling on my bedroom wall and I started screaming for Nicky to come in and kill it. Well, he came rushing in at the flying speed of a snail...giving the centipede plenty of time to crawl back behind the bed...on my side of the bed and out of sight under my pillow. So he finally comes shuffling in while I'm jumping around like an idiot...and he has MY NEW RUNNING SHOE to kill it with. Anyways at this point he can't get to it so I get a broom while he moves the bed. The thing is just chilling on the baseboard...and I attack with the broom. At first I miss, but the centipede gets a dust bunny caught in some of its legs...slowing it down and thus giving me the opportunity to once and for all off the dang thing.

Nicky had also killed one earlier in the week and squashed it so it left a nice big mark on our wall. We killed another one a month ago...methinks it is time to call the landlord about these things. They aren't poisonous or are going to bother you but they just look so creepy.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey ginger, thanks for the visual. Now I get to feel creepy all day! :P

I am now forced to avoid this thread until it spill onto a new page. I hate insects! In fact, they just cleaned my office windows yesterday and removed all the big crunchy spiders, so I can finally keep my curtains open again!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's not a centipede, that's a monster! I'd probably start screaming if I saw that too, and I'm normally ok with creepy crawlies.

Timeline

I read about them on Wiki and they supposedly eat spider eggs and stuff like that. They apparently don't "live" in the apartment too...they typically stay in basements but they are somehow finding their way to the second floor where I live.

I had these things in my old apartment up here too. What is weird is I have never had problems with any other insects (no roaches, spiders, daddy long legs) except with these things.

wtf-picard.jpg

I really don't think they look that bad. Though I didn't know they have a nasty bite!! Rather those than a big ### spider.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Omg - that is so gross!! I'm sorry but centipedes aren't meant to look like that! I am used to ones that look like this:

gardncnt.jpg

Ok, so magnified it doesn't look much better but eww!!

So you've taken to broom-bashing bugs as well?! I started that tack last night with the lovely roach that is still (potentially) somewhere in our house :lol:

Oh and sorry Charles - bug on this page as well now :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Especially if they happen to be poisonous spider eggs :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

Good job on getting the pic of the centipede from the University of Nebraska entomology website Aly :thumbs: I actually signed up for an entomology class there one year...I thought we would just look in glass cases with dead bugs in them. When I went to the first class I found out that you would actually be given a live Hissing Cockroach to keep alive for a semester. Needless to say I dropped that class like a rock.

I would say that centipede was about 1.5 inches long. It was good sized.

wtf-picard.jpg

:lol: I just grabbed the first pic that looked like what I thought a centipede should look like!!!

And yuck... keep it alive? Did you see what they did to them on Mythbusters?! They survive levels of radiation something like over 100 times more than a human could survive!! At least it would be a class you could pass easily!! Put it in a box in another box in a locked box in a safe then bury it. Dig it up at the end of the semester and if the Houdini-like blighter hadn't escaped, I am sure it would be fine!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.