Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

i always think that it would be a really interesting experiment to leave things and see how long it takes for C to get around to any number of errands.

.... But then it takes to d@mn long, and I give in and do it myself. He claims things would be done eventually...

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy called from work the other day and informs me that when he gets into work, he makes a list of all the things he needs to do then crosses them off as he does them... I think if he had been home he would have seen steam coming out of my ears as that is what I have been trying to encourage him to do for ages - I mean I even make the list - there is one now that has been stuck to the computer monitor for two weeks and ONE THING has been done off of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Does that mean you are the complete opposite?! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Hahaha - I can be kinda like that until I give up and just chuck everything someplace I can't see it!! It is a lot of hassle picking up and organising after a fully grown man... Goodness knows what our kids will be like :unsure:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

I am SO p*ssed off right now it isn't even funny.

I called Jeremy an hour and a half ago, about 4.30pm to find out where he was because he was going to be home by 3pm today as he has worked so much overtime this week that the company literally can't afford to pay him anymore. It would make up for him not being back early and allow us to sort out all the billion and one things that we have to get ready for our party tomorrow, but weren't able to after the fiasco last night.

He tells me that he will be back real soon and that he is finishing work early tomorrow instead but he just needs to speak to one of his employees first. I figure on the talk and the drive home taking an hour as he works 16 miles away. Thinking it would be a nice surprise/change to cook dinner for once (normally I don't bother as I never know when he will be back) I put some chicken in the oven on a low temperature so it is nice and tender and can cook for an hour or so.

I've just turned the oven off. I called his cellphone and there was no answer. So I called his work. I think I got the employee he was speaking to on the phone and so after asking for Jeremy three times he figures out what I am saying (!) and says he will check. He then tells me that he thinks he is "still fixing his van" because it "got a flat"

So this dubious spray stuff I was skeptical at best of got him absolutely nowhere... aside from work where he now appears to be stranded. I called his cell a few more times and no answer. Eventually I leave a sh!tty message about his dinner being in the trash and thanks for calling to let me know what was going on.

I've moved the laptop and some gatorade into the bathroom and locked myself in as I can't actually lock him out of the house (he has keys) and I am soooo mad. He just tried to call and I ignored it - I figured if he was able to completely ignore my calls and let me worry then he can just see how it feels right back.

:girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :ranting: :ranting:

I am so freaking mad :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Aww I'm sorry.. I'm not surprised you're so angry! I would be exactly the same!

Bill is always doing things like that and it seems like every time it happens, he agrees to try and stop putting things off, though the next time something happens again and I call him on it, he just gets annoyed at me because "well I didn't put *this* off until later..." Like that matters when you've accomplished one thing out of the five.

*sigh*

He even tells me that the reason he avoids telling me whenever he thinks/does things is because he knows he'll get a lecture about doing it now now now, and negative vibes. So what happens? It doesn't get done, it just stays in his head until I ask him about it... and THEN he gets a lecture.

Did Jeremy even acknowledge that he should take this as a reason to start doing things sooner?

I'm going to visit the Salem Witch Trials in a couple weeks. :D

So excited, it's all so interesting and it can be used for research.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I usually get a 'oh, I forgot'. Then I'm like 'how could you forget something as important as xyz?' Then he's like 'well you know me'. Yes I do hun, yes I do. Then I usually get the puppy dog eyes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Guys - only 117 shopping days until christmas!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

God I hate xmas shopping. However, yesterday someone left a bunch of gift cards out on the counter in the copy room to give away (we often get free ####### and gift cards from retailers we work with). They are all loaded with $50 credit....so I'm stashing those as x-mas presents for my mom and sisters :innocent: Damn lucky find...but I think I might keep the White House/Black Market one for myself.

still on a mission for a good dunking biscuit here in US. (see my post in movinghere - strange things) Anyone here found a good tea dunker?

Have you been able to get out to the World Market store in Omaha yet?

And add Nicky and we have a set of quadruplets. The f'ing Bank of America has been a thorn in our side...after being a customer for 3 months they still have not sent him his debit card. The first two were apparently lost in the mail, and after going into a branch to complain they said that they would have it sent to the branch and they would call him. That has been approx. 3 weeks. I've gave him reminders a few times as week but he just doesn't get on it. Same with the paypal issue he's been having...they refused to x-fer his money from his UK bank account to his US bank account but they still charged him all the fees (basically, what happened was they took the money out of the UK account but refused to deposit it in the US account...but they didn't want to redeposit in the UK bank account...he had the fanangle with them just to get it redeposited). Now they want him to pony up additional money for putting the money back into the UK account. I will give him credit for fighting with them as much as he has...but dammit they should not have charged you for NOT PROVIDING A SERVICE.

I find myself wish I could just take care of it but these problems are completely out of my hands. I understand that it is frustrating for him dealing with a new system...but nevertheless you have to deal with it.

Anyways, my Saturday is looking like this:

87-herbie-husker.jpg

GO HUSKERS!!!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is it really football season again? Where has this year gone?

I do have to admit this year has gone fast. I'm quite sad that summer is about over...after all up here the weather was awful until the first couple weeks of June. It just feels like I got cheated out of a full summer of laying at the beach doing f' all.

That being said I do look forward to my American football :thumbs:

wtf-picard.jpg

Ok - calmed down a bit now but have also hurt my hand... that added to the fact that I appear to be getting the same kind of bug I had last time (where I was in bed for three days, aching, coughing and sleeping and feeling guilty as hell for it) combined with the fact that I have had my so-called "monthly" for three weeks on the trot, I am feeling pretty crappy.

The good news is that I had a massive rant at Jeremy and he is not particularly enamoured working every hour under the sun either - especially when his fellow manager gets evenings and weekends off and leaves when she feels like it :ranting: Oooh don't let me in a room alone with her... :angry:

I *really* need this party tonight... really really really...

As for summer being almost over... well... it just doesn't feel like it here - although it is cloudy today. Which prolly means it is humid - yuck :( It doesn't start really cooling off until the end of September though so :) And I am dreading Christmas - it's going to be my first one away from home ever :(

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.