Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone. have a good friday! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Charles! And I wish the same to you. TGIF!

Happy belated birthday, maven. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Aly, you get some VJ cheerleaders for the very short countdown that's left :dance::dance::dance::dance:

OMG yeah I know!! Just over three weeks!!! It still hasn't sank in - I don't think it really will until I go although when Jeremy gets here (in less than two weeks!!!) it will prolly start to feel more real - I mean, I won't be able to get rid of him half as easily as I could do!! :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Maven - I'm still hoping to be living the Los Feliz / Silverlake area, but both of us want to try to get work sorted as quick as possible, and really only then can we decide for sure, exactly where we should live. Also we have limited savings to do this whole move on, so I would prefer to wait to have to buy furniture etc, till we have an income. In the same way, until we have jobs, we won't even know what our budget for the apartment rental is. So even though the monthly rental will probably be more expensive, it would be worth it to have everything taken care of :blush:

Thanks to Robin and Dev for helping a soon to be LA noob :hehe:

Julez - love your new name :star:

Aly, you get some VJ cheerleaders for the very short countdown that's left :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Once again craigslist is a great resource for furniture. Most of the furniture I got for my apartment is from there, and I spent less than $500 furnishing the place (got a free 32' tv and tv stand, free futon, $70 pier 1 coffee table, $25 couch, $90 shelf, $30 and $15 on side tables, $20 microwave $50 on lamps/decor etc). It helps having your own vehicle for this (I imagine in LA you will have one) but sometimes you can work it out with people to drop it off for an extra few bucks. All of the stuff I got was in good condition aside from the nicks here and there. At least here in Chicago, there are lots of people who don't like to move their stuff when they move...ie they would rather sell off all they have and just go out and buy new furniture alltogether. I would imagine it wouldn't be all that different out in SoCal.

wtf-picard.jpg

My bachelorette party is tonight...I heard that I might possibly have firefighters come over to help me blow out the candles on the cake... :jest:

:lol: Well if so then I hope they are younger than the ones I work with!! :lol:;)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

My bachelorette party is tonight...I heard that I might possibly have firefighters come over to help me blow out the candles on the cake... :jest:

That must be a huge cake with a lot of candles then :D Have fun :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That must be a huge cake with a lot of candles then :D Have fun :D

LOL...it better be HUGE :P

wtf-picard.jpg

I want a refund! This is supposed to be the frozen North and it is about eighty bajillion degrees out there and inside.

Got an XM satellite radio with gift card prezzies from family. Woo hoo! :dance:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Now is as good a time as any to get used to the heat ;) . I hope you have air con in your car for the big road trip!

What's a satelite radio? Is it the ones they have on ocean going boats? That sounds like a pressie for Bruce, not you!!! Are you sure your not going to just re-gift it to him?? :lol::P

The UK Wiki

Satellite radio is like a regular radio, but uses a satellite to broadcast instead of a terrestrial transmitter. This means it can broadcast over a much wider area. It's kind of like DAB in the UK.

XM, which I got, has something like 150 (or more?) stations and is commercial free. It has as much 80s and 90s indie music as I want :luv: and lots of other stuff. And traffic and weather too -- we were out in the car, sweltering away, and we found out it was 69 degrees in LA while it was 91 in CT. It was weird to hear about where the accidents were on the road in Detroit!

This is definitely a prezzie for me -- no regifting!

And... it is going to be 100 tomorrow. I have to go to a cocktail reception tomorrow night on the Connecticut River and I hope it cools down on the water. Then on Tuesday I face my biggest fear: public speaking. :dead:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

OMG I am so hot!! :help:

It's around 92F (33C) here and I'm not coping very well. I also discovered today that the air conditioners give me earache. :(

I'm sure I'll acclimatise in time but I'm not a happy bunny today. :crying:

OMG I am so hot!! :help:

It's around 92F (33C) here and I'm not coping very well. I also discovered today that the air conditioners give me earache. :(

I'm sure I'll acclimatise in time but I'm not a happy bunny today. :crying:

:wacko: Oh dear... well if it is any consolation, Palm Springs is about 42c in the shade most days through July...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Grrrrrr flights are soooo damn expensive. And there's two of us. Maybe I won't go at all. How much does the boat cost?

I think it's around 800-900 quid a head from Southampton to New York. :)

Oh, so now you're not going, eh? ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.