Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Panic over - third phone call, third *different* lot of information and apparently it is 6kg *sigh*

I am going to have aged 20 years by the time I move...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce and I just had a big ol' barney about a UPS pick-up for a guitar he sold on eBay. There was um, just a leeeeetle bit of yelling on my side, and there was more than a touch of the drama queen when he declared this was useless, pointless, everyone's an imbecile. Oh, and I'm a fishwife, apparently. :D Surprise, surprise, I fixed everything and we all calmed down.

Why can't these foreign husbands be more docile? This is not what I paid for! :P

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Oh Maven - I am so glad it's not just us ><

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Oh Maven - I am so glad it's not just us ><

Nope, join the "It's not all peaches and cream" club. We all hear a LOT on this site about all the happy cr@p, all the lovey-dovey malarkey. (And I know we also discussed this last month in the pub about one person in particular. :innocent: ) I think despite some of the exhibitionist tendencies that you have to have to be a regular poster (myself included) we all know when to discreetly draw the veil. But sometimes, when you're reading about how everyone is so ecstatically happy and you are the biggest stress bunny and are behaving like the Bickersons with your darling... you wonder, am I alone? Wasn't this supposed to be the happily ever after?

Moving countries has been HARD. We had the privilege of having been together in person with a "traditional" (whatever that means anymore) courtship, moved in together before getting married, lived together married as well before we lived here. But we're both noobs to some extent over here; I was a kid when I left the US and I am just as clueless as he when it comes to a lot of stuff. But somebody has to be the tough one, and right now, that's me. Not saying that I always will be, but right now, I am feeling a little, um, like, y'know, :girlwerewolf2xn:

Or I need to have a cup of tea and stop whingeing.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Yeah, we all have our moments od unrest.....well, except one perfect couple I know here on VJ....I'm pretty confident I know to whom you were alluding, maven :lol:

Its hard trying to teach Griff all the American ways. It boggles my mond that things are so different in the UK. Must be hard for you guys, maven, since either of you are used to our foreign ways!!

The good thing is that it does get easier with time and for the most part we can laugh about it! Although, it did take me awhile to get over the shock and fright over Griff taking a left-hand turn into 5 lanes of oncoming traffic! :help:

The driving is the thing that scares me the most. When we're in the UK his driving doesn't bother me at all, but here, I am constantly worried - like, why is he driving so close to the curb, or will he ever hit the brakes? Or, does he notice that red light up there?? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Not saying that I always will be, but right now, I am feeling a little, um, like, y'know, :girlwerewolf2xn:

Glad it's not just me then. I've never been so moody in my life than since I moved here and I've no idea why. I love living here and I love my husband but I'm just..... :girlwerewolf2xn:

I'm putting it down to stress! :D

Gillian

Yeah, we all have our moments od unrest.....well, except one perfect couple I know here on VJ....I'm pretty confident I know to whom you were alluding, maven :lol:

Am I that easy to read? :blush:

The driving is the thing that scares me the most. When we're in the UK his driving doesn't bother me at all, but here, I am constantly worried - like, why is he driving so close to the curb, or will he ever hit the brakes? Or, does he notice that red light up there?? :unsure:

That would be me driving like a lunatic -- he's been driving for nearly 20 years, me for only 4 months, so that would totally explain the time I was driving and the lanes narrowed just a little bit and I only, I mean just a touch, hit the curb? Right? He was not impressed.

I think a lot of my general stress is linked to us living with my parents for the past 9 months. Yup, 9 months, peeps! My mom is always asking me where I'm going (out to buy your Mother's Day present, so I'm not saying, Mom), what's the matter with Bruce, have I watered the plants upstairs (no), taken out the trash upstairs (also no), when was the last time I changed the sheets, why don't I go to the gym anymore...

Newsflash: I am not 15. Or even 16. I am hot on the heels of 35. :angry:

Filed: Timeline
90210 spin-off - I am very much looking forward to this. How sad is that?

But one of my reliable TV business sources is hearing that Tori Spelling is going to be in the Beverly Hills, 90210 spinoff.

Over 12,000 petition to bring Brenda back

:D

:whistle:

Edited by illumine

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Maven, my heart goes out to you. I mean, living with your Mom for 9 months?????? Don't get me wrong, I love my Mom, but NEVER again shall I live with her! My ex and I tried it for awhile as we were going to buy her house and let her stay on with us. Needless to say, that didn't work out. :lol: In fact, right now I live right around the corner from my Mom and its too close. Hence the new home purchase. It just gives us a bit more distance, which we need. Like your Mom, mine is always checking in to see if I've remembered to do this or that and its tiresome!

Still, not long now for your big move!!

Timeline

Who are you talking about? Can someone PM me... I'm so nosy! :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well it's easy to be wistful and hopeful and full of bubbly fuzzy wuzzy love when your still waiting for the object of your desire to arrive. Having a long distance relationship is really hard, don't get me wrong. But it's also a kind of headspace that allows for memories to become rosy. Actually putting up with one another every day is a different story altogether.

I'll be very interested to see if the lovestruck teenager retoric withstands the rigors of daily life. If it does more power to them. If not, I'll believe that they are in fact human after all. :star:

The UK Wiki

Timeline
Well it's easy to be wistful and hopeful and full of bubbly fuzzy wuzzy love when your still waiting for the object of your desire to arrive. Having a long distance relationship is really hard, don't get me wrong. But it's also a kind of headspace that allows for memories to become rosy. Actually putting up with one another every day is a different story altogether.

I'll be very interested to see if the lovestruck teenager retoric withstands the rigors of daily life. If it does more power to them. If not, I'll believe that they are in fact human after all. :star:

Very well put Poiteen, I was thinking exactly the same.

p.s. I know who you're all talking about now. :D

Very well put Poiteen, I was thinking exactly the same.

p.s. I know who you're all talking about now. :D

Abso-smurfly, Poiteen. And Gillian -- tee hee! Is it taking pot shots when you don't say who it is?

The boy just came home with a a great big hug and kiss for me -- also a "Congrats" card for (almost) being done with the paper. And very groovily, a prezzie -- a Rubik's Cube! :dance: But the hug and kiss, and silly dancing (a little Hustle, a little waltz, The Bump) that followed in the kitchen were even nicer than the prezzie.

Edited by elmcitymaven

Timeline
Why can't these foreign husbands be more docile? This is not what I paid for! :P

Brits don't do good customer service we're a surely bunch

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.