jlh

CIUDAD JUAREZ, MEXICO, I am so confused..

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I finally got a hold of someone to find out where my future wifes (from Mexico) paper was and if they had all my information. They have my information but are mailing the forms to me instead, but was told she could download them and print them off also. I still have not gotten the forms they said were sent on 01/04/08. Also I guess it is an open appointment where she just goes anytime and it takes 3 days; 1 to make appointment, 2 for medical exam, and 3 for interview? But my problem/worry is this all feels not right. Why would she have to travel from Mexico City to that town (CIUDAD JUAREZ)? Why not Mexico consulate? Also to not have an appointment and just show up after all the travel to get there is odd as well.

Does this make any sense to anyone???

THANKS in advance!

07/09/07 - Sent I-129F packet to NSC

07/20/07 - NOA1 from CSC was received

07/20/07 - Touched

11/28/07 - NOA2 approved

12/18/07 - NVC forwarded forms

01/04/08 - 2nd Packet Mailed (to me not my fiancee ???)

05/13/08 - Interview - APPROVED (K1 - Visa)

07/24/08 - POE (Las Vegas)

07/27/08 - Getting Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
I finally got a hold of someone to find out where my future wifes (from Mexico) paper was and if they had all my information. They have my information but are mailing the forms to me instead, but was told she could download them and print them off also. I still have not gotten the forms they said were sent on 01/04/08. Also I guess it is an open appointment where she just goes anytime and it takes 3 days; 1 to make appointment, 2 for medical exam, and 3 for interview? But my problem/worry is this all feels not right. Why would she have to travel from Mexico City to that town (CIUDAD JUAREZ)? Why not Mexico consulate? Also to not have an appointment and just show up after all the travel to get there is odd as well.

THANKS in advance!

Ciudad Juarez is the ONLY city in Mexico that handles K1 Visas.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

THANKS in advance!

Here is what I found, just none of the things I read up till now told me this. Maybe I need to learn how to read better. :) Just strange to go all that way without an appointment setup first!

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhivfi.html

07/20/07 - Touched

11/28/07 - NOA2 approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

THANKS in advance!

Here is what I found, just none of the things I read up till now told me this. Maybe I need to learn how to read better. :) Just strange to go all that way without an appointment setup first!

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhivfi.html

It is an open appointment and yes CDJ is the only location in Mexico for K visas. Fortunately my wife was from CDJ.

Timeline

jlh, I know it is hard to believe. But, it is true.

We just got back from Juarez. Juarez is the ONLY consulate processing K-1's, and no appointment is needed. We can appreciate the inconvenience of having to go to Juarez. My fiance had to take a bus from Reynosa to Monterrey, then take a plane to Juarez. I only had to take a plane from Phoenix to El Paso and cross to Juarez. We met there in Ciudad Juarez Airport.

You just need your appointment "invitation" letter to present at the medical and the consulate.

Word of advice, don't leave the medical without having them fill out the DS-3025 complete. Several of us are in this situation. If you bring your vacination documentation, make them fill out this form with vaccination history. Otherwise, they will leave it blank and you need this later for the I-693 form during the AOS.

Best of luck.

04/30/07 - Mailed in I-129F via USPS Express Next Day

05/02/07 - USPS confirms I-129F delivered to T.AKEO at INS, CSC

05/23/07 - CSC confirms receipt of I-129F

05/23/07 - NOA1 mailed

05/25/07 - Check cashed

05/30/07 - NOA1 received

09/10/07 - NOA2 mailed

09/14/07 - NOA2 received

10/19/07 - USCIS, CSC sends to NVC

10/29/07 - NVC sends to Ciudad Juarez

11/15/07 - CJ Consulate sends Fiance Packet - Fiance never receives - Will use American copy

01/03/08 - Medical Exam in Juarez

01/04/08 - Interview at Consulate - K1 VISA APPROVED!!!

Planning a Spring wedding in May!

AOS is next...

JeffandSofiaresize4.jpg

THANKS in advance!

Consider yourself LUCKY!!! You DON'T have to wait in order to get an interview date. Us K-3 filers have to wait for an interview date to be sent to us. You go as soon as you are ready. So just count your blessings. And yes, Juarez is the only consulate in Mexico who adjudicates and processes spousal/fiance visas (and residency).

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Timeline

THANKS in advance!

Consider yourself LUCKY!!! You DON'T have to wait in order to get an interview date. Us K-3 filers have to wait for an interview date to be sent to us. You go as soon as you are ready. So just count your blessings. And yes, Juarez is the only consulate in Mexico who adjudicates and processes spousal/fiance visas (and residency).

Do you know if there is a time limit on when I have to go, say within 4 months of getting USCIS approval (approved 12/02/07)? I only ask because looks like first week in March is the time we can both go together. But in either case would like to know my due dates...

Thanks everyone for their insight, it is helping more then you know!

07/20/07 - Touched

11/28/07 - NOA2 approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do you know if there is a time limit on when I have to go, say within 4 months of getting USCIS approval (approved 12/02/07)? I only ask because looks like first week in March is the time we can both go together. But in either case would like to know my due dates...

Thanks everyone for their insight, it is helping more then you know!

You can go to the interview and if the visa is approved you can wait to enter to US until 6 months... Another way? The CDJ consulate told me if my NOA2 expire there is not a problem if the case is with the consulate, so I think you can wait a time like 15 days before the NOA2 date expire...

Puedes ir a la entrevista y si la visa es aprobada puedes esperar hasta 6 meses para poder entrar al pais osea a USA.. Otra forma? Cuando yo llame a CDJ para preguntar lo misma duda que tu, ellos me dijeron que no habia problema si la NOA2 se vencia y yo no habia ido porque de cualquier manera el caso ya estaba con ellos. Puedes esperar cuando este proxima la fecha de vencimiento de la NOA2 pienso que estaria bien como 15 dias antes si quieres estar seguro de no tener problemas.

Saludos

Filed: Timeline

Jeff and Sofia,

I am going to Juarez this Sun. Jan. 27th to meet my fiance. Can you explain wjat you meant by having them fill out the DS-3025. What is that? Do they have that form at the hospital or do we need to bring it? Also, what is the vaccination document? I am freaking out nervous, any help you can give would be awesome!!!

Amber

Timeline
Jeff and Sofia,

I am going to Juarez this Sun. Jan. 27th to meet my fiance. Can you explain wjat you meant by having them fill out the DS-3025. What is that? Do they have that form at the hospital or do we need to bring it? Also, what is the vaccination document? I am freaking out nervous, any help you can give would be awesome!!!

Amber

Hi amber, I think than I could help you. The DS-3025 is the form that the clinic give you when you go to the medical exam. In this form they will put all the vaccination record (vaccines you're already have). For K1 visa applicants the record isn't necessary (only for AOS when you're in USA) and they will give you the DS-3025 empty. Anyway you can carry with you the vaccination records and ask them for fill it out because you will needed after. If you get the DS-3025 fill out there you'll avoid this part when you'll be in USA. Anyway the vaccination records in the DS-3025 must go to a new form the I-693 than an authorized immigration doctor fill out and you send after with the AOS package.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Jeff and Sofia,

Amber

Hi amber, I think than I could help you. The DS-3025 is the form that the clinic give you when you go to the medical exam. In this form they will put all the vaccination record (vaccines you're already have). For K1 visa applicants the record isn't necessary (only for AOS when you're in USA) and they will give you the DS-3025 empty. Anyway you can carry with you the vaccination records and ask them for fill it out because you will needed after. If you get the DS-3025 fill out there you'll avoid this part when you'll be in USA. Anyway the vaccination records in the DS-3025 must go to a new form the I-693 than an authorized immigration doctor fill out and you send after with the AOS package.

Good luck.

This would apply if you have vaccinations at the time of your medical or if you have vaccination records from your country. Vaccinations aren't required for a K visa so if you wait until you come to the US to get vaccinations you can go to the health department and get them and then have the Civil Sergeon transfer the records to the 693 suppliment. If you get them at the medical then yes have them fill out the form for you to bring to the CS in the US to transfer

Timeline
Jeff and Sofia,

Amber

Good luck.

This would apply if you have vaccinations at the time of your medical or if you have vaccination records from your country. Vaccinations aren't required for a K visa so if you wait until you come to the US to get vaccinations you can go to the health department and get them and then have the Civil Sergeon transfer the records to the 693 suppliment. If you get them at the medical then yes have them fill out the form for you to bring to the CS in the US to transfer

My suggestion is than is better if you get all the vaccines in Mexico because the costs in USA are more expensive and all the vaccines are free if you go to Secretaria de Salud in Mexico or IMSS.

Have a nice day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.