Gumbolette

inquiry about proof of relationship...

5 posts in this topic

hello everyone.

I am a newbie here, and I just want to hear something from you guys who undergone the same process from the USEM.

I'm not yet in the track but I'm just preparing myself for the long process.

Me and my fiance' has been together for 5 months. He will be here in the Philippines by May and we're planning to get married by June. We're just worried about the necessary documents that will proof our relationship. Since we talk everyday through a IM called skype, take note "everyday" through voice that's why we really dont exchange emails or even chat for a long time, or even exchange snail mails(duh!). If this would be one of the necessary proofs, we might be in the hot bowl right now. remittances and receipts of packages ok, I hope that's considerable, What should we start assembling as a proof of our continuous relationship?

Can you suggest what are the necessary preparations that we need to do prior of meeting each other?

Hope to hear something from you guys.

thank you!

perge

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Hi there, print out the skype records and when he comes you will make pictures and go to places. Try to make as much pics as possible. My SO and i dont chatt or email much either but i have a bunch of phone records and 1000s of pics.

Good luck!

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

hello everyone.

I am a newbie here, and I just want to hear something from you guys who undergone the same process from the USEM.

I'm not yet in the track but I'm just preparing myself for the long process.

Me and my fiance' has been together for 5 months. He will be here in the Philippines by May and we're planning to get married by June. We're just worried about the necessary documents that will proof our relationship. Since we talk everyday through a IM called skype, take note "everyday" through voice that's why we really dont exchange emails or even chat for a long time, or even exchange snail mails(duh!). If this would be one of the necessary proofs, we might be in the hot bowl right now. remittances and receipts of packages ok, I hope that's considerable, What should we start assembling as a proof of our continuous relationship?

Can you suggest what are the necessary preparations that we need to do prior of meeting each other?

Hope to hear something from you guys.

thank you!

perge

Why not start writing letters to each other? You still have time to do it. And it doesn't have to be on a regular basis. My then fiance (now husband) didn't like sending me snail mail because we email and talk on the phone everyday too. But since it's easier for me to send him cards and mails thru postal service, I did that at least every week. On my interview at USEM, I got all the letters I sent him as one of the evidences of our relationship especially those that I sent him after our initial meeting in person and recent ones as an evidence of continuous relationship. Believe me, the more proof you got, the stronger the case you'll have.

Good luck!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Yeah, I am planning to have everyday screen shots of our conversation too, In that way I'll have bunch of them by the time comes that I need to present proofs. Thank you so much for your answers!. best of luck!

Perge

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I called CSC and inquired about the issue of evidence amongst other things. We sent our marriage certificate, photos of our many trips, airline boarding passes, hotel receipts, and a few financial documents such as a life insurance beneficiary form. I was told that this should be more than enough. According to the person I spoke with, they are mainly concerned with things like photos and travel documents.

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.