brownnskinn

Let's Get Great in 2008

481 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

sparkpeople.com

I've been doing this starting this week and it helps so much because it develops meal plans for you (you can substitute foods though) and you know exactly what is in every food. You can track your exercise too, and you set goals - and the more you participate in the site the more "points" you get - and for different levels reached you get a "trophy". It's really helpful, and they set up teams for when you join so you can get other people's insight.

So far I've been doing really well! I'm down 8 pounds from July anyway, but I'm hoping to lose another 33!

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance::jest::dancing:

Sonshine lost 33 lbs :dance:

Clare down 9lbs

Den down 3.8lbs..down 5.1 total.

Yardie down 2.7lbs

Mrs J. down 2lbs...3lbs total.

...please add your progess or give your self some luv for what steps you taken toward progress for next week.

Let's compete for the top position :whistle:

I'll add my weight loss next Tuesday when I weigh in for the Biggest Loser contest at work. I feel lighter although I didn't get to exercise much this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I slice up bananas and freeze them.

How my goodness that would make my life so much easier if i peel and slice the bananas before I freeze them. DUH! :blush:

My hands get so cold I have to wrap the banana with a towel. LOL :huh:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Timeline

MAWNIN Ladies,

I forgot to add how much I lost since Jan 1st (so here it is 6lbs). I'll put my weight out there, I'm 260 (don't really look it). Not ashame to POST,PRINT my weight. It's not like I can tell somepeople that I'm 120lbs (well, maybe on the internet), but yeah, I'm a big girl. Most of my weight is in my hips and baxide. Unfortunately, when I lose weight my BREAST shrink :angry: ...I lose weight first in my face & breast (really hate that).

But just had to share this....I had a BOOT CAMP class this morning (5am) and I did okay. This is my 5th class, the 1st 2 nearly kicked by butt, but I'll tell you this FLEXIBILITY helps out a lot. Even when I don't get a chance to exercise I STRETCH my body. The instructor was empressed that I was able to keep up for the 1st 15 minutes of the class, which is the most difficult. The class is only 20 mins, but trust me...he KICKS butt...he's an old MARINE. One of the ladies in my class was weighing 325 lbs and she told me when she first started out she could only walk 10 mins on the treadmill. She's down to 200 lbs now.

Instructor also told me, if you can only get 10mins in to exercise, just do it...something is better than nothing.

I was close to 300 lbs back in September, but STRESS cause me to drop 26lbs in 2 weeks (NEVER AGAIN). I wil never let that happened again. I looked terrible.

So, I lose little at a time now, not because of stress, but because I need to. Whenever I'm in Jamaica I'll lose up to 10lbs in 3 weeks, don't know why and I eat 10 times more food there than I do here. Soon as I come back to the states, the pounds PILE back on :angry:

I'll have to tell ya'll about my POLE DANCING exercise class later on (unu ago DEAD)...mi tink mout bass deyah...so, I'll tell ya'll about it later.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

That all sounds so excellent and is very motovational! I am going to put that DVD in I have today and get my butt movin!!!

MAWNIN Ladies,

I forgot to add how much I lost since Jan 1st (so here it is 6lbs). I'll put my weight out there, I'm 260 (don't really look it). Not ashame to POST,PRINT my weight. It's not like I can tell somepeople that I'm 120lbs (well, maybe on the internet), but yeah, I'm a big girl. Most of my weight is in my hips and baxide. Unfortunately, when I lose weight my BREAST shrink :angry: ...I lose weight first in my face & breast (really hate that).

But just had to share this....I had a BOOT CAMP class this morning (5am) and I did okay. This is my 5th class, the 1st 2 nearly kicked by butt, but I'll tell you this FLEXIBILITY helps out a lot. Even when I don't get a chance to exercise I STRETCH my body. The instructor was empressed that I was able to keep up for the 1st 15 minutes of the class, which is the most difficult. The class is only 20 mins, but trust me...he KICKS butt...he's an old MARINE. One of the ladies in my class was weighing 325 lbs and she told me when she first started out she could only walk 10 mins on the treadmill. She's down to 200 lbs now.

Instructor also told me, if you can only get 10mins in to exercise, just do it...something is better than nothing.

I was close to 300 lbs back in September, but STRESS cause me to drop 26lbs in 2 weeks (NEVER AGAIN). I wil never let that happened again. I looked terrible.

So, I lose little at a time now, not because of stress, but because I need to. Whenever I'm in Jamaica I'll lose up to 10lbs in 3 weeks, don't know why and I eat 10 times more food there than I do here. Soon as I come back to the states, the pounds PILE back on :angry:

I'll have to tell ya'll about my POLE DANCING exercise class later on (unu ago DEAD)...mi tink mout bass deyah...so, I'll tell ya'll about it later.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys I wanted to apologize for posting here about my boring exam..I just realized it...sorry ..still love oonuh..just no want disrupt the flow u know

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Guys I wanted to apologize for posting here about my boring exam..I just realized it...sorry ..still love oonuh..just no want disrupt the flow u know

No worries at all Kimmy!

Well I really need to stop weighing myself throughout the week. I know weight fluctuates during the day and such so I weigh myself and I am up almost a pound and it puts me in a funk but there are so many variables that it really isn't accurate...I need to stop doing that!

Thanks for the yoga poses Dee :)

I have another question for you...for those that are Christian/religious...do you ever have stuff in your yoga/pilates class that goes against your beliefs? Not sure how to word this but...I know around here we live in a very liberal, non religious area (lots of pagan/new age stuff) and I have heard about classes delving pretty deep into the karma, chakra, chi, energy type of things. One girl was telling me that they "invoke their inner goddess" at all her pilates classes. :blink: I just don't want to deal with that at a yoga/pilates class. Have you guys ever run into anything?

Timeline
MAWNIN Ladies,

I want to take pole dancing when I lose some weight. I also take a striptease aerobic class that is noooooo joke...I've walked out a few times :whistle: Strippin' ain't easy.

Filed: Other Timeline
MAWNIN Ladies,

Congrats on the weight loss T. I don't look like, at least people tell me I don't look like I am as heavy as I am either. I am quite flexable as well. Pole dancing :devil: ...I have ti see dat. In fact in class the other day, most of the students haven't seen me since before xmas, they were all gasping at home much weight mi loss, when actually I haven't loss that much. A little goes a long wey. I'm the heavyest oomon in the yoga class and mi cayn hold dem poses tuff yah ear mi :thumbs:

MAWNIN Ladies,

I want to take pole dancing when I lose some weight. I also take a striptease aerobic class that is noooooo joke...I've walked out a few times :whistle: Strippin' ain't easy.

lol

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

I was jus going ti ask if you were taking some class having to do with insurance? No problem chica!! I hope your examn went well. My eight week class is now only 6 weeks with the same amount of wuk :angry: Thankgoodness there is a lot of writing about how you feel about stuff instead of a lot of formal #######. :blush:

No worries at all Kimmy!

Well I really need to stop weighing myself throughout the week. I know weight fluctuates during the day and such so I weigh myself and I am up almost a pound and it puts me in a funk but there are so many variables that it really isn't accurate...I need to stop doing that!

Thanks for the yoga poses Dee :)

I have another question for you...for those that are Christian/religious...do you ever have stuff in your yoga/pilates class that goes against your beliefs? Not sure how to word this but...I know around here we live in a very liberal, non religious area (lots of pagan/new age stuff) and I have heard about classes delving pretty deep into the karma, chakra, chi, energy type of things. One girl was telling me that they "invoke their inner goddess" at all her pilates classes. :blink: I just don't want to deal with that at a yoga/pilates class. Have you guys ever run into anything?

??? :blink::wacko: No not here I jus try fi tek wey mi self, there isn't a lot of talking going on, so i'm not sure what she chat bout. I'm taking my I pod tonight, to tone out her music cause mi no like ie.

:dance::jest::dancing:

Sonshine lost 33 lbs :dance:

Clare down 9lbs

Den down 3.8lbs..down 5.1 total.

Yardie down 2.7lbs

Mrs J. down 2lbs...3lbs total.

...please add your progess or give your self some luv for what steps you taken toward progress for next week.

Let's compete for the top position :whistle:

I'll add my weight loss next Tuesday when I weigh in for the Biggest Loser contest at work. I feel lighter although I didn't get to exercise much this week.

She ago mek mi cuss rock stone and fling bad word :hehe::no: Dat nah mek it....jus kiddin we are jus gettin started, Next weeks the week. I know what you mean about feeling lighter, I put on a pair of jeans yesterday and was like oh hell yessss!!! I could jus feel it. I have a size 12 jeans I havn't been abl to wear in 5 years, my goal I to get into those so I can buy some new ones.

sparkpeople.com

I've been doing this starting this week and it helps so much because it develops meal plans for you (you can substitute foods though) and you know exactly what is in every food. You can track your exercise too, and you set goals - and the more you participate in the site the more "points" you get - and for different levels reached you get a "trophy". It's really helpful, and they set up teams for when you join so you can get other people's insight.

So far I've been doing really well! I'm down 8 pounds from July anyway, but I'm hoping to lose another 33!

Congrats, You've got jus about as much as I have to lose, I'm not trying to be thin tho , I like mi hips and tighs, and so dose my hubby. I should lose more based on my height/ weight ratio but mi ah go look like a maga crack head if mi lose dat much

Edited by brownnskinn

Lita, you are inspiring me to have more fruits and veggies. Pray fi mi, mi dear! Back in my club days, I was a little itty bitty thing. This is my ultimate goal:

whereIwanttobe.jpg

I am of course the dark-skinned girl. This is what I want to weigh again, or close to it. I can't believe I used to complain about my weight back then. :wacko:

Hot gyals !!!I know I was lookng at my old pics back when I used to complain as well, now if I can jus get bock der i'd be happy and neva eva complain :no: Acutally I'm likin wha I see when I walk pass the mirra :whistle: , You know how you look a pics and seh dyamn I look fat, well for the first time, while looking at our pictures from our last trip in JA in sept, I did not feel that way, I acutally liked what I saw. I'm still strying to put them on CD or sumttin so I can share. My crazy husbond for got to ask for a CD and I have been to the store twice scanning all these photos only to get the CD back and there be nuttin on it. :blink:

As far as what you can do...I think the DVD's are a good start. I also just like to watch videos or put a dancehall mix CD in and dance in front of the mirror...I love to dance...and if I don't have to worry about sweating my hair out i can literally go nonstop for hours like I'm in som sort of dance-athon! I noticed I lost weight to while I was in Jamaica, just from all the walking I was doing. I'm not trying to lose weight, so I am a little bit different than you ladies, I am trying to gain and keep it cause I have been having a fast dropping weight since early last year and it is not healthy....so my health fix is to gain a healthy weight...not with junk and sweets to keep me at a healthy weight. :thumbs:

I bet you have one of those super high metabolism. Well good luck! You should report you weight gain right along with our weight loss. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.