oranges

financial records

8 posts in this topic

I found this one at the US embassy in Manila "Personal correspondence, home telephone records or financial records showing an ongoing relationship". In this sentence what does it mean by financial records that showing an ongoing relationship? Does it mean the I-864 form and the income tax? Thanks...

I found this one at the US embassy in Manila "Personal correspondence, home telephone records or financial records showing an ongoing relationship". In this sentence what does it mean by financial records that showing an ongoing relationship? Does it mean the I-864 form and the income tax? Thanks...

Financial records...such documents can range from the a simple lease for rental property, or other documents that record a joint-ownership of large and expensive objects or purchases like vehicles, land, etc. Also, joint-bank accounts, joint-credit cards, life insurance, health insurance, stocks or other investment vehicles, etc. Of course, the purpose of these records are to prove the ongoing relationship so both of your names need to be on these records or they are pretty much useless.

It does not mean your I-864 nor does it mean income tax return....unless you filed as married on your last return and have both your names, SSN, or Tax Identification Number.

That should get you going.

The correspondence such as e-mail, chat, snail mail and phone bills provide most of the evidence at the CR-1 interview although you will want some photos and if any remittences were made, records of them and joint bank accounts. Further proof of the types mentioned will be needed more after being married for a while, such as an IR1 visa or for removing conditions on the CR1.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Thanks to all the informations, it helps a lot. But do you think for now, my husband will include me in his income tax? We are not together yet? He will now need to put married in his income tax return papers? Just confuse with these things.

Thanks to all the informations, it helps a lot. But do you think for now, my husband will include me in his income tax? We are not together yet? He will now need to put married in his income tax return papers? Just confuse with these things.

No, I don't think your husband will include you in his taxes just yet. It's not impossible for him to do but I hear it's very difficult. I'm sure he'll wait until you arrive before he does so.

James

You don't have a timeline, but I'll try to answer. If you were married during the year 2007, he is indeed married and must file married filing jointly or married filing seperately. There's a big tax advantage in filing jointly. I assume from the date you joined the forum that you aren't too far along in th process. He will need to get a W-7 to request a ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) for you. Fill out the return as married and also filling out form for foreign earned income....I think it's schedule F. As long as the foreign income doesn't exceed something like US$ 65,000 it's not taxed. Even though you aren't in the country yet, you may send a letter with the tax returned that is signed by both of you and request that that you treated as a resident immigrant for the entire year for tax purposes this will give you the standard deductions for the entire year.

It may seem like a big hassle, but it will mean several hundred dollars in refunds. Handy with all the expenses of visa and flights.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Sorry we did not update the timeline but thank you for answering our post, but so far we are now waiting for the income tax papers to be done to be submitted to NVC together with the I-864EZ and waiting for the immigrant bill to arrive. YOur responses/answers give us idea of what to do now. God bless and thank you very much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.