natasha and peter

Please help with letter to extend I-129F

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Fiancee has not received packet 3 yet (about 3 months since NOA2 was approved) and our I-129F expires on February 28th. I am thinking we may not get the interview date before February 28th and so would like to apply for extension of I-129F with US Consulate in Montreal.

Can someone please post a sample letter that they have used to send to Consulate to get their I-129F extended?

Thank You,

Peter

4485203_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My Fiancee has not received packet 3 yet (about 3 months since NOA2 was approved) and our I-129F expires on February 28th. I am thinking we may not get the interview date before February 28th and so would like to apply for extension of I-129F with US Consulate in Montreal.

Can someone please post a sample letter that they have used to send to Consulate to get their I-129F extended?

Thank You,

Peter

i was worried about that too when we filed last year , I e maild montreal about it , they informed me not to worry they will automaticialy extend it at the interview , I brought the e mail with me to the interview had no problem

am sure it wont be a big deal ,I would e mail them , but if you like a letter I found this in the example forms

(Date)

To: (Name and address of consulate)

RE: (name and vital data of your fiancé, including I-797 approval notice number, date of birth, address, phone number)

Dear Honorable American Consulate of (name of consulate, such as Mumbai):

It is my understanding that pursuant to 9FAM 41.81 N3.1 (Period of validity), the consulate can extend the approval notice for another 4 months, if my fiancé and I remain legally free to marry and continue to plan to marry after my fiancé enters the United States.

Therefore, please be aware:

I and my fiancé continue to be legally single and free to marry.

I and my fiancé love each other and plan to marry after his/her entrance in to the United States.

If my I-797 approval notice has expired by the time of my fiancé’s interview,

I sincerely request that you extend the approval notice (copy attached) so that my fiancé, (name of fiancé) may receive the K-1 visa.

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
i was worried about that too when we filed last year , I e maild montreal about it , they informed me not to worry they will automaticialy extend it at the interview , I brought the e mail with me to the interview had no problem

am sure it wont be a big deal ,I would e mail them , but if you like a letter I found this in the example forms

(Date)

To: (Name and address of consulate)

RE: (name and vital data of your fiancé, including I-797 approval notice number, date of birth, address, phone number)

Dear Honorable American Consulate of (name of consulate, such as Mumbai):

It is my understanding that pursuant to 9FAM 41.81 N3.1 (Period of validity), the consulate can extend the approval notice for another 4 months, if my fiancé and I remain legally free to marry and continue to plan to marry after my fiancé enters the United States.

Therefore, please be aware:

I and my fiancé continue to be legally single and free to marry.

I and my fiancé love each other and plan to marry after his/her entrance in to the United States.

If my I-797 approval notice has expired by the time of my fiancé’s interview,

I sincerely request that you extend the approval notice (copy attached) so that my fiancé, (name of fiancé) may receive the K-1 visa.

Is that the consulate in the US or in the country of your fiance?

Shear - this post is from Jan. 2008. It is no longer valid...

This might get the award for the oldest thread resurrection. 23 months!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Can't someone answer a simple question instead of complaining about the age of a thread, this is important and the only info I could find about this letter of extension. The sample form isn't clear.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I did a search and this came up, so instead of making a new thread I thought I'd ask...thanks for your oh so kind help.

Your question wasn't really asking for help - it was a question aimed at the OP who probably doesn't even visit VJ anymore.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

it would be to the consulate where the beneficiary will have their interview. If you have already sent your P3 back to the consulate they automatically do the extensions for the 4 month period. All I did was email my consulate (Montreal) and said that my NOA2 expired on X date and I haven't recieved an interview yet so could they please extend the validity for me, as well as my case number from the consulate.

PS - putting something like "I am having the same issue and came across this letter, would that be to the consulate in the US or in the country of your fiance?" Would have made your question a lot more clear.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not even close :lol: Think of it like trying to get an interview in Montreal.

shearoberts - the original poster asked for a letter they could send to Montreal

"so would like to apply for extension of I-129F with US Consulate in Montreal." Montreal is in Canada.

Timeline
it would be to the consulate where the beneficiary will have their interview. If you have already sent your P3 back to the consulate they automatically do the extensions for the 4 month period. All I did was email my consulate (Montreal) and said that my NOA2 expired on X date and I haven't recieved an interview yet so could they please extend the validity for me, as well as my case number from the consulate.

PS - putting something like "I am having the same issue and came across this letter, would that be to the consulate in the US or in the country of your fiance?" Would have made your question a lot more clear.

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.