RonMay

Anybody from Colorado?

22 posts in this topic

:help: Fellow Coloradoans!!!

I am in the process of submitting my AOS documents and i've read through the step by step guide here on VJ. Now, I'm in a loop about these particular paragraphs from, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos ..."Some local offices may allow you to submit your I-765 locally with your NOA from the I-485. In this case you would not file the I-765 with the Adjustment of Status Package. You would wait for the NOA from the AOS package and bring it with your completed I-765 to your local office." " And Note: Some CIS Offices allow you to schedule your appointment when you want, as long as it is done before the AOS appointment, check with your CIS office to see how they handle CIS medical exams before filing your AOS paperwork."

My questions are:

1) Did you file the I-765 together with the AOS package to the Chicago USCIS or did you wait for the NOA from the AOS package and bring it with your completed I-765 to your local office?

2) Have you undergone another medical sometime during the AOS process? What kind of tests? How did the local USCIS office handled your CIS medical exams? Is it the same all over Colorado?

Thank you for reading and I will appreciate any info very much. ^_^

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

:help: Fellow Coloradoans!!!

I am in the process of submitting my AOS documents and i've read through the step by step guide here on VJ. Now, I'm in a loop about these particular paragraphs from, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos ..."Some local offices may allow you to submit your I-765 locally with your NOA from the I-485. In this case you would not file the I-765 with the Adjustment of Status Package. You would wait for the NOA from the AOS package and bring it with your completed I-765 to your local office." " And Note: Some CIS Offices allow you to schedule your appointment when you want, as long as it is done before the AOS appointment, check with your CIS office to see how they handle CIS medical exams before filing your AOS paperwork."

My questions are:

1) Did you file the I-765 together with the AOS package to the Chicago USCIS or did you wait for the NOA from the AOS package and bring it with your completed I-765 to your local office?

2) Have you undergone another medical sometime during the AOS process? What kind of tests? How did the local USCIS office handled your CIS medical exams? Is it the same all over Colorado?

Thank you for reading and I will appreciate any info very much. ^_^

hi!

in my experienced last yr we send all the necessary docs/requirements that they needed... as for the td shot, yes i had my td shot in their health center but no doctor to sign the supplement so we went to a private surgeon and guess what they wont sign even if we want to pay for a small amount coz they want me to undergo another med exam (which by the way not needed coz i just had my med exam in slec less than 2 months) :angry: they're asking $480 from it and as much as we dont want to do it, we dont have a choice so basically we're throwing money at them (i hate them so much)... as for I-765 (AED?) i guess its different now than before coz now its included in the aos fee. but before its always better to send it all at once in one package. and yea i remember its in chicago but they will send it to your local uscis afterwards for the appointments...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Thanks a lot RonMay for the fast reply :) Alas! I still have more questions for you and for anybody from Colorado who had undergone AOS already :D

I had my Td shot from the local health center for $44 and a civil surgeon transcribed my vaccination record as well as given me the last dose of MMR for $52. I just want to confirm the contents of that sealed envelop from the civil surgeon since mine contains only the SUPPLEMENTAL FORM TO I-693. Do I have to include any supporting documents such as the vaccination record from the local health center, DS 3025, etc. with the AOS package? My K1 visa lapsed already last 3/17 what should I answer in the Current Immigration Status (I-765 #15)?

May the Lord bless you in your good deeds. Thanks again.

Edited by RIDION

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

• 3 weeks later...

whoever lives in denver, do you happen to know Tommy and Nora (they have a store called TOMMY'S specializing water sports plus boats also)... just the we're a friend of them and that somehow tommy mentioned and invited us to a Fil-Am party in denver and just wondering if you guys belong to a fil-am association too in denver where we could all meet up lol... c ya around!

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
whoever lives in denver, do you happen to know Tommy and Nora (they have a store called TOMMY'S specializing water sports plus boats also)... just the we're a friend of them and that somehow tommy mentioned and invited us to a Fil-Am party in denver and just wondering if you guys belong to a fil-am association too in denver where we could all meet up lol... c ya around!

Is there a Fil-Am association in Denver? If not, maybe we can make our own.

Is there a Fil-Am association in Denver? If not, maybe we can make our own.

there's one actually ive heard... they said they always held a party and that they always separate the guys and the ladies so that they can have a good time and speak with they're own language and have a non-stop karaoke or something hehehe... i tell you what, in case our friend from denver will invite us for a fil-am gathering, ill let you know so we can meet up too...

we have one in my area but the one from denver is a different association too... keep you posted! God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi yall....

I'm also living here in Colorado....Colorado Springs that is (Ft. Carson) so far I like it here, all the horror stories I heard about Colorado are all myth....Not saying Im gonna buy a house and live here forever but the 3 1/2 yrs that i'll be living here I might as well enjoy it....right???

S.ESCALERA

***My AOS & EAD Timeline***

03/26/2008 Send AOS & EAD package via USPS Priority

03/28/2008 Package was delivered at Chicago Lockbox

04/02/2008 NOAs received for EAD,AOS

04/03/2008 All checks cashed

04/11/2008 ASC letter recieved for Bio appointment (Notice Date:04/07/2008)

04/14/2008 Finally able to see I485 case online

04/15/2008 Finally able to see I765 case online

04/17/2008 I765 Touched

04/23/2008 Transfer letter received(Notice Date 04/07/2008)

04/25/2008 Bio Appointment @ 8:30 am DONE!!

04/28/2008 EAD approved

04/29/2008 AOS Touched ( does that mean something???)

04/30/2008 AOS touched (yet again)

05/06/2008 AOS touched!

05/07/2008 Receive EAD Card!

05/13/2008 Receive AOS approval Notice (ND:05/05/2008)

05/14/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

05/16/2008 Received SS card in the mail

05/30/2008 Recieved GC

12/26/2010 Removing Condition!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.