AandLKC

Taking a diffrent ankle ??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Visiting visa,

The biggest concern to U.S.A while issuing a visiting visa is weather the beneficiary will return. Now if the beneficiary is degreed professional in a high demanding field like Nursing, Pharmacy, IT etc he/she would not want to overstay the visiting visa. I want to bring my wife here on a visiting visa, because of the long wait, and have every intention of going back, now

If I can get a Letter form the Congressman/ Senator or any legal official stating in paper that I want to bring my spouse and I will assure her return in the given period of time. will that help?

I am intending to visit my wife in April? I want to file for a visiting visa then just wondering, if I get a statement form Government officials stating she will not overstay her visa might help or not …?

Just another ankle …. I want to take …because USCIS is not helping the situation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Visiting visa,

The biggest concern to U.S.A while issuing a visiting visa is weather the beneficiary will return. Now if the beneficiary is degreed professional in a high demanding field like Nursing, Pharmacy, IT etc he/she would not want to overstay the visiting visa. I want to bring my wife here on a visiting visa, because of the long wait, and have every intention of going back, now

If I can get a Letter form the Congressman/ Senator or any legal official stating in paper that I want to bring my spouse and I will assure her return in the given period of time. will that help?

I am intending to visit my wife in April? I want to file for a visiting visa then just wondering, if I get a statement form Government officials stating she will not overstay her visa might help or not …?

Just another ankle …. I want to take …because USCIS is not helping the situation

If the beneficiary is in a high demand professional, why not forgo the K or CR-1 process for the H visa route?

I haven't seen anywhere that a spouse must be brought over on a K/CR-1 visa when they are able to secure a visa in their own right.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Visiting visa,

If you're able to secure an H visa through an employer, once your wife has been here for a while you could probably file for adjustment to status to Permanent Resident. As for your wife getting a visitor's visa, that would have to go through the nearest consulate where she is at present. They want to see strong ties, a good job, a home, bank account.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Timeline

H-1 visa has quota ... and it has Employment Categories.... My wife who is a nurse will qualify for an permanent immigrant visa. Even without my sponsorship my wife will qualify for a permanent resident visa but for India there is a long wait … if I choose to go thorough the H-1 route … it’s faster … but first she needs to pass NCLEX she has applied to take the exam but hasn’t got a date yet.

I know I have three options to immigrate her

1. Spouse sponsorship ( 1-130)

2. H-1 Visa (non profit organizations has separate quotas ex county hospitals)

3. Employment based permanent visa ( pharmacist, physical therapist, nurses, specialty doctors, speech pathologist …etc will quality) ( long wait for India)

I was strictly asking about the visiting visa

Timeline

Hi,

You can apply for visitor's visa while your petition is pending. But, you would have to disclose while applying for visitor's visa that immigration petition is in process.

I remember reading a couple getting their visitor's visa coming here before final adjudication of their case in consulate.

Hope this helps!

PS: Personally, I wanted to purse this route, but I ended up travelling to India for economical resasons.

H-1 visa has quota ... and it has Employment Categories.... My wife who is a nurse will qualify for an permanent immigrant visa. Even without my sponsorship my wife will qualify for a permanent resident visa but for India there is a long wait … if I choose to go thorough the H-1 route … it’s faster … but first she needs to pass NCLEX she has applied to take the exam but hasn’t got a date yet.

I know I have three options to immigrate her

1. Spouse sponsorship ( 1-130)

2. H-1 Visa (non profit organizations has separate quotas ex county hospitals)

3. Employment based permanent visa ( pharmacist, physical therapist, nurses, specialty doctors, speech pathologist …etc will quality) ( long wait for India)

I was strictly asking about the visiting visa

I-130

07/27/2007 : Mailed I130 for spouse (VSC)

09/20/2007 : NOA1

11/07/2007 : NOA2

NVC

11/20/2007 : Case # Assigned

03/10/2008 : Case Completed!

03/20/2008 : Interview Scheduled & Interview letter mailed

03/25/2008 : Beneficiary received interview letter

03/25/2008 : Case forwarded to consulate. NVC message updated on 3/28/08.

Consulate

05/22/2008 : Interview

05/22/2008 : Visa granted and passport collected same day.

05/26/2008 : POE (Newark, NJ).

Our Timeline (more detailed events)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.