Enlighten one :)

Loving African male - Off Topic (Split thread)

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Or perhaps I should ask, did you have a goal or intention in mind when you posted? I hope that this cleared up the intentions of my response to your post.

Yes, how shocked I was that at how embellished his website was. False claims. I deciphered what I found deceptive regarding his claims.

Gee I posted a comment in the other post regarding a book she recommended, I posted my comment and opinion. I was not attcked there. Oh maybe because I agreed.

I will remember next time if I do not agree with your comments I will not post in your forum or a forum you post in.

Actually, quite the opposite. I didn't post because I follow my own advice. I don't care to read that book and thus didn't participate in a post specifically aimed at people who choose to read the book. Go figure! I keep my negative comments to myself unless requested so that people who are trying to enjoy something can enjoy it! I'm not selfish that way.

And may I add, that I may read this book and have many negative comments to make about what I read in the book because I'm very particular about the books I read and very nit picky about content and style. But that's how a book club works. It's just that to comment effectively actually requires READING the book first! :whistle:

I found the unnecessary, unsolicited, negative comments degrading to the quality of the forum. And you should realize how your contribution affects the mood and culture of the forum. Just like we all should. You can hold your breath and throw a tantrum or you can try to actually understand what I'm saying to you and we can both move on.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes that is me! All over visajourney spreading negativity and bringing people down. That is my goal in life. I live for it. What would life be without me brining to light reality. Reality always scares people. Makes them want to attack others who do not conform.

Ignorant people like me out to put people in my narrow minded reality.

Things I pointed out about the website were true. You did not have to agree with the fact, but they were. Maybe I am touchy about his arrogant demeanor and grotesque display of material objects, because he reminded me of some scandalous men in NY who claim their riches are from being CEO's.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
All over visajourney spreading negativity and bringing people down.

Did I say that?

Ignorant people like me out to put people in my narrow minded reality.

Did I say that?

Things I pointed out about the website were true. You did not have to agree with the fact, but they were.

Did I even say I didn't agree with you?

Look, at this point, I don't think you're being rational. What do you do to stop yourself and look back because you're throwing a temper tantrum now and it's not what I've seen of you elsewhere on VJ, so what's the stressor? Cause it certainly can't be some arbitrary Nigerian guy who wrote a book that a group of people have decided to read on an online book club. If that's the case, the Oprah memoir fiasco must have put you into therapy!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Or perhaps I should ask, did you have a goal or intention in mind when you posted? I hope that this cleared up the intentions of my response to your post.

Yes, how shocked I was that at how embellished his website was. False claims. I deciphered what I found deceptive regarding his claims.

Gee I posted a comment in the other post regarding a book she recommended, I posted my comment and opinion. I was not attcked there. Oh maybe because I agreed.

I will remember next time if I do not agree with your comments I will not post in your forum or a forum you post in.

Actually, quite the opposite. I didn't post because I follow my own advice. I don't care to read that book and thus didn't participate in a post specifically aimed at people who choose to read the book. Go figure! I keep my negative comments to myself unless requested so that people who are trying to enjoy something can enjoy it! I'm not selfish that way.

And may I add, that I may read this book and have many negative comments to make about what I read in the book because I'm very particular about the books I read and very nit picky about content and style. But that's how a book club works. It's just that to comment effectively actually requires READING the book first! :whistle:

I found the unnecessary, unsolicited, negative comments degrading to the quality of the forum. And you should realize how your contribution affects the mood and culture of the forum. Just like we all should. You can hold your breath and throw a tantrum or you can try to actually understand what I'm saying to you and we can both move on.

MrsJibowu,

I want to personally thank you for the positive posts and excerpts you have been providing to the forum, such as your sharing of the the daily "Today's Word with Joel and Victoria." I appreciate your taking the time to share and spread the Good News with us all.

I am reading the book, and have almost completed it. I think it contains some informative information. He is Igbo, but the information he shares is based on customs/traditions (for the lack of a better word) common to the African culture. I wont divulge too much of the book, but he speaks of things such as passing things with the left hand, how he experienced total culture shock when he came to the US and saw how outspoken our women are, and how it took him a while to get use to the fact that men in America take out the trash, as opposed to the women doing ALL things around the house.

I admit to being a little "turned off" by the cover of the book at first too.I was initially turned off by the sub-title "What every woman MUST know." As if to say that if I don't buy/read his book, my relationship and eventual marriage is doomed. But I took it a step further and actually opened the book, and was pleasantly surprised. He not only writes in a simple, down-to-earth manner, but he can also be quite funny at times. He shares his own experiences and perspectives, but the general message is that he is just offering some plain good advice to American women who are involved with African men. We all know that there are definite differences between American men and African men. All of us are here mostly because we are totally in love, intrigued and in awe of these wonderful, loving, intelligent handsome and spiritual Princes.

This forum, yet very informative, has taken on a totally different "feel" lately.....and it ain't for the better. I hope things start to change soon, because I have yet to find a site like this one as far as content and visa info. I am certainly not afraid to post, but it sure isn't a very "welcoming" environment at times. Who wants to take a chance at contributing, only to be "shot down by the masses." It's like some are here just waiting for flame bait. Then, here comes another....

Again, thank you MrsJibowu. I look forward to reading more posts from you in the future. It is your prerogative to read or not to read the book. But please give the flip-side of your opinion a fare chance too. That's what discussion forums are all about....

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Throughout the 90's I was an avid opposer of the diamond trade due to the inhumane treatment of the African people. However, if you were to do your research you would find that the Clean Diamond Trade Act, established in 2003, was created as a means to stop this inhumane treatment of the African people as well as the profiting of Gorilla warfare in this already war-torn country. The act is a United States law designed to stop the trade of diamonds that fund violent civil conflicts in many African countries. The law showed the U.S. participation in the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme for trade in rough diamonds.

Also, since you are unaware of where this man purchased his diamonds, I would suggest that you keep your opinions to yourself. Currently, the Ekati Diamond Mine in Canada is one of the largest producing diamond mines in the world. It is capable of providing 1 diamond per US citizen per day for over the next 25 years.

I myself have researched this mine and option extensively since diamonds are a girls best friend and I want one. However, as previously stated, I do NOT and will NOT support the blood diamond trade. This man, obviously educated, has probably done his research prior to his purchase and like me, got his diamonds from a very well publicly certified diamond dealer. One BTW that I would greatly assume DOES NOT support the blood trade in Africa.

Not only are your comments ignorant and unfounded, however they are also defaming towards this man and his character. As an African man, do you NOT think that he researched this. Do you think he would add to the conflict and unresolve of his own country by blatantly displaying diamonds from a war-torn country. A war-torn country that he witnessed falling before him as all other Africans have. For hundreds of years the African people and nation have been in unrest. I see with ignorance like yours why it has been fostered. Only someone like you would be so small minded as to think you can only get milk from a cow. There are obviously numerous resources to get milk, same with diamonds. It is only smalled minded people who do not know that diamonds can be found all over the world and not only in Africa.

Maybe if you would expand your horizons and actually read a book instead of just judging it by its cover, you would learn that just as everything in this world, you have more than one option when trying to purchase a diamond.

Darling there are more diamonds then the industries know what to do with. Diamonds are still mined by children that have been kidnapped and slaved to work. If they have been thought to have stolen their fingers are chopped off. But they are still expected to dig with the other hand

Just like oil in their country their community does not reap the benefits of such rich resources.

Diamonds are sold all over the world including India, but for some reason Africa still enslaves children to mind for them and still get their diamonds out of the country that get mixed in with the legal diamonds.

The industry creates the need for diamond which rises up the demand. Diamonds are not expensive because they hard to find and people are payed fairly for them. Please

I did not say this man was anything. I said what his website portrayed to me. I did not say he was ignorant or arrogant. I said he looked it. My interpretation. His demeanor.

I never thought I could be so controversial.

Name calling does not become you!

Hhmmmm , I wonder why people are always agruing in these forums. I have conversations and give my point of view. I am not arguing with anyone.

I was just defending my post that was picked apart. I still have not attacked one person.

You have that right to defend what ever. Please don't address me as darling, I am not your darling. The name is Constance.

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

MrsJibowu,

I really can not believe the judgemental filth that you are spewing from your "GOD" fearing mouth. (fingers)

You choose to judge this man from his photo on the cover of his book. Do you know him? Have you spoken with him? What right do you have to judge the way you do? There is nothing wrong with his appeance in any of his pictures. Have you not been to Nigeria and seen Nigerians driving nice cars and wearing diamonds?? (diamonds, which by the way are not only found in Africa)I have been to Nigeria several times and witnessed simular attire myself.( and yes I have seen suffering as well) You put him down for a display of wealth while others are suffering...how do you know that he himself has not or is not doing anything to ease any of the suffering, YOU DONT. Is it so wrong that this man has worked hard to make a good life for himself? Are you jealous of him? Why would you judge a someone you dont know so harshly, why for that matter would you judge anyone, what right do you have? You claim to be voicing your opinion, you crossed the line from having an opinion to playing judge to a man you dont even know SEVERAL posts ago. This man is trying to help people why dont you leave him alone. I know I dont want to read your filth and I know that many others in this forum dont want to either. Are you saying that Nigerians should live the lives of paupers since there is suffering in Nigeria? OPen your eyes there is sufferung in America too. Are you opening your door to the homeless and hungry men, women and children that live right here in our own country? While you are intitled to you opinion you are not intitled to judge anyone. Before your fingers touch the keyboard think about what you are about to post and the way you choose to word it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.