Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

YAY!! That's such wonderful news Julia!! :dance::dance::dance:

I'm so happy for you two! So perhaps Valentines day is a real possibility??

Tebrikler!! :star:

~Tanya

Hi all!

I have wonderful news - the embassy emailed us today and told us that Onur's AP has been completed. They requested his passport, refusal sheet (that specified AP), and new medical exam papers (have to re-do it b/c it has been over 6 months) and said that they will process it as soon as possible and send his visa to his address in Turkey!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Onur texted me today at school and said "babe please call me" and I knew something was up...I was just hoping it was good news. Luckily the students were at recess and I was able to step outside and call him - I was jumping around outside my school with joy!

I hope this means good news for Sibel and Muhammet is near!

Thanks everyone for your support.

Julia

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Congratulations Julia and Onur!!!! I am so happy for you two!! We have so much to celebrate on our little forum (and hoping for more good news too!!) God is good!

Sardes, your wedding picture is beautiful (Cok guzel!!)

06/2005 - Met in the U.S.

3/26/07 - Mailed I-129F

3/28/07 - Vermont Received

3/29/07 - NOA1

3/30/07 - Check cashed

4/03/07 - "Touched"

4/11/07 - Approved, NOA 2 mailed via snail mail

4/18/07 - NVC received approved I-129F petition

5/02/07 - Fiance received Packet 3

5/22/07 - Mailed I-134 and supporting evidence to Fiance

5/25/07 - I-134 papers arrive in Turkey to SO via UPS

5/29/07 - Packet 3 sent to American Embassy in Turkey

6/02/07 - Packet 4 received by fiance

7/16/07 - Interview in Ankara at 9:45 am

7/16/07 - Visa denied because of a previous overstay in US, must file I-601 waiver

8/16/07 - Delivered I-601 papers to US Embassy in Ankara

12/28/07 - Fourth visit to Turkey

11/22/08 - Still waiting on I-601 Waiver (16 months)

12/23/08 - Yilmaz received approval letter for his waiver in mail!!!

03/18/09 - 2nd IV interview in Ankara

03/18/09 - Visa approved. Will be sent via UPS to his home address

03/25/09 - Received visa at home address

04/18/09 - Arrival in U.S.!!!!!!

05/21/09 - Married on the beach in Hawaii

07/12/09 - Mailed AOS papers via FedEX

7/18/09 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

8/19/09 - Biometrics appointment @ 11 AM---COMPLETED

8/30/09 - AP approved (recieved 2 hard copies in mail on 9/5/09)

9/08/09 - EAD card received in the mail

10/16/09 - Touch from CSC

11/09/09 - Card production ordered

10/05/11 - Filed Removal of Conditions

07/31/12 - Removal of conditions APPROVED, card issued

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you all! I am so lucky to have this group of strong and amazing people who not only support each other, but can relate to and understand one another. :yes:

Any idea how long it will take the embassy to issue and send the visa once they receive Onur's updated medical and passport?

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Julia I can guess how excited you are :) I think it took amoure a week or so to get his visa..

Tesekkurler wendy..i am glad you loved the pic..our wedding pics were taken at ciragan palace in istanbul..i wanted my husband's family to see how beautiful istanbul is :) we also have pics in front of the bosphorus.. the photographer took 400 pics of us..our wedding was in january..but the weather was perfect! there was even no cloud in the sky :) omg! he is coming in 20 days..i am so excited! I booked my flight ticket yesterday to be in the same plane with him when he returns..

Have a great day to all..

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Julia, I'm not sure how different the time frame will be after completion of AP, but Ozzy received his visa via UPS on the 3rd business day following final approval (he was approved on a Thursday and the visa was delivered the following Tuesday). Hopefully they'll expedite Onur's considering how long you both have waited for this!!

~Tanya

ROC Journey:

01/19/2010 - Mailed ROC paperwork to Vermont Service Center

01/21/2010 - ROC package arrived at VSC

01/26/2010 - Check cashed

01/28/2010 - Received NOA, GC extended for 1 year

02/25/2010 - Biometrics taken

04/23/2010 - Conditions lifted! :)

05/01/2010 - Ten-year GC received...on hubby's birthday! Yay!

MeandOzzy.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Well, the embassy answered an e-mail I sent them regarding Muhammet's visa, and we are still stuck in AP.

Dear Sir or Madam,

The administrative process takes at least six months to be completed. It is a multi agency process and this office does not have any control over it. As soon as processing on your case is complete, we will post your case number on our web site, http://turkey.usembassy.gov/immigrant_security.html. Until we receive the clearance, we are unable to proceed further with your case. Once the case number is posted, you may come to our office any Monday through Thursday between 1:00 to 1:30 pm. with your passport and the refusal form given to you at the interview. After your personal visit to our office, the visa package will be prepared and sent to your address in Turkey.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Uh, Do they really think this information is helpful to me?

Sibel

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I think the embassy knows and does nothing except for what they are instructed to do by other branches involved in the process. I think that's why they're so vague, as frustrating (and infuriating) as it can be.

Hope you hear something soon :star: It looks like you're right behind Julia according to the AP timelines in both of your signatures.

For whatever it's worth *Hang in there* ::hugs::

Well, the embassy answered an e-mail I sent them regarding Muhammet's visa, and we are still stuck in AP.

Dear Sir or Madam,

The administrative process takes at least six months to be completed. It is a multi agency process and this office does not have any control over it. As soon as processing on your case is complete, we will post your case number on our web site, http://turkey.usembassy.gov/immigrant_security.html. Until we receive the clearance, we are unable to proceed further with your case. Once the case number is posted, you may come to our office any Monday through Thursday between 1:00 to 1:30 pm. with your passport and the refusal form given to you at the interview. After your personal visit to our office, the visa package will be prepared and sent to your address in Turkey.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Uh, Do they really think this information is helpful to me?

Sibel

Edited by awaterlily

Timeline

Hi all,

Sibel i feel like your turn will come very soon.. stay positive.. You two will be together very soon!

BTW I need help.. I am not sure if this will be cheaper but I am planning to ship some of my stuff (some kitchen stuff that my mom got for me before..called ceyiz :) to the states from Istanbul. Do you know any shipping company? Thanks!

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hi all,

Sibel i feel like your turn will come very soon.. stay positive.. You two will be together very soon!

BTW I need help.. I am not sure if this will be cheaper but I am planning to ship some of my stuff (some kitchen stuff that my mom got for me before..called ceyiz :) to the states from Istanbul. Do you know any shipping company? Thanks!

Filiz--the cheapest way will be by sea. I looked on line once for shipping companies, but also Muhammet shipped some things to me once too via UPS. If it was over 10 pounds (like 22 kilos) it was the same set price, so he sent me like 132 kilos of tiles once and it was the same price as if he had sent me 22 kilos. He was planning on building us a table here with Turkish tiles! I was shocked at the size of the box when it arrived and wondered how the UPS guy hauled that up 3 flights of stairs! But, remember there are lots of affordable kitchen things here, so you will probably only want what you absolutely need.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

More good news!!! As if Wendy and Julia's approvals and Tanya's new bebek on the way weren't enough..... not to mention Filiz's interview date this month....

FINALLY I have one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! March 18th

Looks like our get together once our loved ones are here will be sooner than we thought!

:dance:

Edited by ErikaAndHamit
389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
More good news!!! As if Wendy and Julia's approvals and Tanya's new bebek on the way weren't enough..... not to mention Filiz's interview date this month....

FINALLY I have one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! March 18th

Looks like our get together once our loved ones are here will be sooner than we thought!

:dance:

CONGRATS Erika! So exciting - and not far away! Looks like wait time between packet 4 and interview is decreasing - that's great! :thumbs:

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline

Great news Erica!!! It is getting closer...yayyyaaay... :dance::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Good luck with the interview.. I am so excited..I can't believe i'll see my hubby in 2 weeks and insallah we'll never be apart after Feb 26th..

I wish everyone to be together with their soul mates very very soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Sevgiler,

Filiz

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not being here on the forum for so long since my husband's returned back home, but I had so many issues that needed to be resolved and so many personal problems to be taken care of at the moment. One of those problems was the strain on my marriage and the time my husband and I were separated since he had to care for his mother in Turkey. Right now we are trying to work things out because I became distance and resentful to him for being away for so long that I closed myself from him and only thought to divorce, which really made him so sad, upset and guilty for leaving for so long. Of course we still love each other very much, but trying to adjust to being together again.

That's why I stayed away for a while, I didn't want to come here with my negative problems and sadness that would discourage anyone while they waited to be with their loved ones and for the waiting of their Visa approvals.

But now I am so happy to see all the wonderful news that everyone has recently posted........

Debbie~Congratulations on your new sweet baby boy :innocent:

Tanya~Wonderful news of your future sweet blessing :innocent:

Wendy and Julia~Great news of your very long awaited Approvals :star: ~ :star:

Erika and sardes~ Best of Luck to you both on your interviews at Ankara :thumbs: ~ :thumbs:

Sibel~Just a teeny, tiny bit longer and yours will be here too :yes:

Debra, awaterlily, cami, Bobby and Umit and all the others, hope everything is going well and that everyone is happy. May GOD Bless everyone here and keep us all safe. (F)

By the way awaterlily, thanks for getting our forum pinned! :idea:

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.