ACE

Finacee or Spouse VISA.. which is faster and safer? experience, advice any help plssss....

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I am trying to see which is faster.

My fiancee is in the Philippines. I live here in California. I just became a US Citizen.

My fiancee has been waiting for so long. I guess I just want to make sure I make the right move in terms of the processing time and chances of visa approval.

How long is the processing time from the time I submit my application?

If she gets here with a fiance visa, how long does she has to wait for her greencard? Are ther additional interviews or process to take once she gets here. I am really new to this.

What about with a spouse visa? What about arriving here with a spouse visa?

Please share your experiences, opinion or advice. I am hoping that she'll get here this year.

Thank you all.. I appreciate it.. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

May I suggest you read the guides (you can find the tab at the top of the page).

If she comes here on a K visa (either K1 or K3) then you will need to adjust status once she gets here and wait for the greencard. Times for this vary.

If she comes on a CR1/IR1 visa then she gets her greencard a few weeks after coming into the country. It generally takes longer to go this route than the other visas.

For a spousal visa you need to submit your marriage certificate. Unless you plan on going to the Philippines soon the K1 would be the fastest way to get your finacee here since you just need to prove that you have met within the last 2 years.

As for times to petition etc, you may want to take a look at timelines for the Philippines to see which one is faster.

Good luck!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K-1 Fiancee is quickest due to not a lot of processing at NVC and consulate. But has the added expense of AOS ($1010) and cannot leave the USA until they have either Green-card or AP document in hand.

K-3 takes a bit longer, due to it being much like the K-1. But like K-1, K-3 is expected to adjust status, and unlike K-1, K-3 is NOT work authorized, so cannot work or get SSN until after getting EAD.

CR-1 is a true immigrant visa, so takes a bit longer than K-3, (I have seen a few cases where a K-3 gets CR-1 interview a few weeks after K-3) CR-1 gets Green-card upon entry to the USA allowing work, and can get SSN immediately. NO adjustment of status needed ($1010)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What does safer mean in this case?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Visa denial...

It depends why the visa was denied.

There are different reasons why visas are denied but no one visa has a higher chance of being denied than another.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Visa denial...

Slightly less denial for K-1, then K-3, and finally CR-1. It seems that counselor officers feel that USCIS has another crack at interviewing the K-Visas before issuing the green-card. CR-1 being a green-card visa, makes the consoler officer ask more questions to verify a bona fide marital relationship, before issuing a green-card CR-1 visa.

This seems to be the case with the stats for China. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

For CFL members dealing with China

K-1 approval 84%

K-3 75%

CR-1 61%

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Visa denial...

Slightly less denial for K-1, then K-3, and finally CR-1. It seems that counselor officers feel that USCIS has another crack at interviewing the K-Visas before issuing the green-card. CR-1 being a green-card visa, makes the consoler officer ask more questions to verify a bona fide marital relationship, before issuing a green-card CR-1 visa.

This seems to be the case with the stats for China. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

K-1 approval 84%

K-3 75%

CR-1 61%

Yes but also many of the "denials" are eventually overcome and visas issued. I don't really think the percentages are terribly meaningful. Bona fide relationships and well prepared applicants achieve far better results. Failure doesn't occur as a result of a statistic. It's the other way round.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

K-1 approval 84%

K-3 75%

CR-1 61%

Yes but also many of the "denials" are eventually overcome and visas issued. I don't really think the percentages are terribly meaningful. Bona fide relationships and well prepared applicants achieve far better results. Failure doesn't occur as a result of a statistic. It's the other way round.

Correct those stats have to do with the interview, the negative results mostly ask for additional evidence turned in which results in overcome and visa issued. Only a very few get the dreaded white slip and case denied.

Have you been together in the last two years? having met in the two years prior to filing of the I-129f is a requirement of the fiance visa. if yes, then fiance visa would probably be the faster way for her to come here. if not, then you would need to make another trip to the Philippines. if another trip to the Philippines is needed, then you might want to consider marrying her there and doing the K-3 or CR Visa.

Edited by Roy and Yazi

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I agree with those who have said that unless you have already planned a trip to Phillipines soon and as long as you have seen her at least once in the past two years, your best route is to start the fiancee visa process by submitting the I-129f petition right away. Good luck! :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.