derekkj

Anyone in the DC Area Looking for a Job?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sales & Marketing: Game Presentation/ Operations

Mascot Handler - Washington Capitals (Washington, DC)

The NHL Washington Capitals are looking for an outgoing, friendly person to accompany the Capitals mascot throughout games, as well as on select community appearances. Must be available to work all Capitals home games (most games start at 7:00 pm and handler must be at the arena 2 hours prior to the game). Duties will include ensuring mascot stays on schedule during games and events, assisting mascot with interaction with the fans, and being the mascot's "eyes and ears". Must be comfortable interacting as well as organizing large groups of fans.

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Are you available to work all Caps home games?

2. Are you available to be at the arena 2 hours before each game?

Apply for this position

Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=16525

I am not sure they could pay me enough to sit through every Caps home game...

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Timeline

ya would be painful!! But they have been playing better!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=226952&hubname=

Thats a lot of $$$$$. Hopefully they bring in some other players to support him!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

And he signed that contract without an agent!!! More $$$$ in his pockets!!

Timeline
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=226952&hubname=

Thats a lot of $$$$$. Hopefully they bring in some other players to support him!!

:o I had heard rumors that he was thinking of going to Montreal. Guess not!

And I just got the following from Connect2Canada:

Washington Capitals Honour

Canada's Troops on January 17, 2008

For the first time ever, an American NHL Team will pay tribute to Canada's sailors,

soldiers and Air Force personnel.

The Washington Capitals will salute the Canadian Forces (CF) on Thursday, January 17, when they play the Edmonton Oilers. Members of the army garrison in Edmonton will carry the National Flags and members of the CF will be recognized during the game.

Canadian military members will be easily recognized as they will be in various Canadian Forces uniforms.

Come cheer your favourite team and help honour Canada's troops. 10,000 attendees will receive a commemorative puck at the end of the game.

To order tickets, go to the Washington Capitals-Connect2Canada site, where you can receive exclusive offers for all Caps home games against teams from Canada. Save $15 on lower level and upper level seating. To obtain a block of seats have one person order all your tickets.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Timeline

Ya, I saw that!! Was thinking of possibly going!! No school the next day and would be cool to see the Oilers and Flames play this yr in DC!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.