PeterFB

Update on 12/31/07 Email to Consulate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All

I realize that the US Consulate is a busy place. That maybe I should let sleeping dogs lie but.....

I recieved a reply tonight from the Consulate about Thi's mother's birthplace being wrong on Thi's G325a and DS230 part one as well as a couple of other smaller issues.

Here is their reply:

Dear Mr. Burnner:

In order for us to correct your fiancée's place of birth (POB), your fiancée will need to send us her birth certificate (BC). She can submit her BC in person (between 1-3pm, any working day) or by fax or by mail.

Sincerely,

Information Unit Staff

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel: (84-8) 822 9433 - ext 4636

Fax: (84-8) 824 5572

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

acshcmc@state.gov (regarding services for U.S. citizens)

Adoption: HanoiAdoptions@state.gov

Website: http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov <http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/>

This e-mail is UNCLASSIFIED based on the definitions provided in E.O. 12958.

The good news is it took only 5 business days to get a reply. The bad news is I don't thnk they pay attention to the content of what you send them. How did Thi's mother's birthplace being wrong become Thi's brithplace being wrong?

Here's what I sent them

Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 6:00 PM

To: HCMC Consular Info

Subject: Corrections of I-129f for Thi Kim Nguyen

Dear sir

I am writing to follow up on a phone call I made to the Consulate today. While the Vietnamese woman who answered the phone told me that amending our petition to correct these errors could be done at the interview, I would like to tell you the corrections via email and have the corrections made to our case.

The corrections are minor ones I believe. If this email isn't the proper way to correct these errors, Please inform us of what we should do.

On the I-129f :

1. There wasn't enough room on the Part B Information about your Alien Fiancee Section #2 Address (Number and Street) to write the complete address because it was written using the fillable PDF form. The complete address is below as requested when asking about K1 visas. It is correct in all other places on all the forms. She received her Packet 3 thru the mail with no problem.

2. In the Part B Information about your Alien Fiancee Section #15 Your Fiancee's Address Abroad. Her phone number is improperly written. I forget the city code of her phone number. The correct phone number (848) 990-xxxx. Her phone number is correct in all other places on all the forms.

On Thi's G-325a form her mother's birth place is incorrect. Due to a miscommunication between me, Thi and her mother in March when we asked her where she was born, she answered Bac Ninh. That is where Thi's grandmother lived. On Thi's mother's birth certificate her birth place is listed as THANH LIET- THANH TRI- HA DONG.

On Thi's DS-230 part one, Item #18, Thi's mother's birth place was also incorrectly written because of we copied the information from G-325a. The correct birth place is THANH LIET- THANH TRI- HA DONG.

Her name is Thi Kim Nguyen (as it appears on the I-129f)

2xx duong : xxx xxxx xxx

Phuong : 1 ; Quan : Tan Binh ; TPHCM

Viet Nam

phone : 990xxxx

Birthdate 02-13-1971

Our case number HCM20007xxxxxx

My Name is Peter Franklin Brunner (Petitioner)

Thank you

Peter Brunner

While I can understand if English is your second language you could get confused by pronouns her, she, her mother. But if you read the sentence "On Thi's G325a form her mother's brith place is incorrect." The pronouns should be apparent of who her, she, her mother is.

No matter, the important thing is to fix the mistake because I don't want any problems.

Here's my response to them in hopes of getting this resolved:

Dear Sir

Both Thi and I thank you for your quick reply.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about my previous email. My fiancee's, Thi Kim Nguyen, place of birth is correct. I was asking about correcting her mother's birth place. Her mother's birth place is incorrect on Thi Kim Nguyen's G-325a and DS-230 part one as I had previously stated in my original email. Please refer to my original email at the bottom of this email. I'm sorry if my wording of my original email confused anyone.

Let me state again, Thi Kim Nguyen's birth place is correct.

It is Thi Kim Nguyen's mother's birth place which is incorrect. Her mother's name is Nam Thi Nguyen.

In order to correct her mother's (Nam Thi Nguyen) birth place, can Thi bring her mother's (Nam Thi Nguyen) birth certificate to the US Consulate between 1-3pm any working day? Does her mother, Nam Thi Nguyen have to come to the US Consulate with Thi?

Since your email reply didn't address my other questions, May I assume that the shorten address in my I-129f Part B Information about your Alien Fiancee Section #2 Address (Number and Street) isn't a problem?

Also your email reply didn't address my other question, May I assume that the missing city code number (8) in my I-129f Part B Information about your Alien Fiancee Section #15 Your Fiancee's Address Abroad isn't a problem? Again her correct phone number is (848) 990-xxxx.

I realize you are busy and want to resolve these questions as quickly and easily as possible. I appreciate your help in our case.

My fiancee's name is Thi Kim Nguyen (as it appears on the I-129f)

2xx duong : xxx xxxx xxx

Phoung : 1 ; Quan : Tan Binh ; TPHCM

Viet Nam

phone : 990xxxx

Birthdate 02-13-1971

Our case number HCM20007xxxxxx

My name is Peter Franklin Brunner (Petitioner)

Thank You

Peter Brunner

Now I hope they will read and answer everything this time so Thi and I can move ahead with our preparations for her interview and not worry about these issuses.

Sorry for the long post but irks me when you try to be honest and direct then get responses like this.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good news Peter! :):thumbs:

The Consulate does respond when emailed! 5 days seems long but not too long, usually they get back within 2-3 days. But at least you know you keep the communication line start and never respond without previous email correspondence :) Keep an audit trail of emails for them and yourself for future reference

Good luck!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Another update to the last email to the Consulate. I sent the second email on 1/8/08. Stil have yet to recieve a reply. The first email they answered in the 5 business days as they said they would. Now it's 1/22/08..... I guess they decided it wasn't worth replying to a second email from me.

In any case, yesterday, Thi went to the Consulate to ask them herself. They told her it's no problem, she will fix ####### at her interview. In order not to have her too stressed at the interview, I have already redo and sent to her the amended G325a form. She has copies of the DS 230 part one so she will refill out that.

And so the wait continues for our interview date.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I hope everything will go well at your upcoming interview. Please keep us posted.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

2007-07-17 : Marriage

2007-08-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-10-02 : I-130 NOA1

2008-03-06 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

2008-03-18 : NVC Case # Assigned

2008-04-28 : I-864EZ Cleared at NVC

2008-05-19 : NVC Forwarded Case to HCMC

CONSULATE

2008-05-21 : HCMC Received Electronic File

2008-06-05 : Interview Passed!

2008-06-17 : Visa in Hand

US

2008-06-24 : POE - Newark

2008-07-24 : Received Green Card

2008-08-25 : Received SS Card

2010-04-12 : I-751 and Check Sent

2010-04-21 : I-751 NOA Received - 1 Year Extension

2010-08-20 : 10-Year Green Card Arrived

Naturalization

2012-08-27 : File N-400

2012-08-31 : Check Cashed

2012-09-06 : N-400 NOA

2012-09-19 : Biometric Appointment and Fingerprint

2012-10-15 : Receive Naturalization Interview Date

2012-11-19 : Naturalization Interview Completed

2013-01-14 : Oath Letter received

2013-01-16 : Oath Ceremony / Become US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.