kellyc

Haven't seen each other in 10 months...

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance has his interview on February 19 at the US Embassy in Johannesburg, South Africa. We haven't seen each other since last March. He only has one set of plane tickets and stubs to show as proof at the interview. I have not been to South Africa to see him for several reasons. First, I am a school teacher at the private school which I own and run, and I only have a few holidays that are long enough to make the trip. Both of those long holidays this past year were supposed to include our wedding! So neither of us made reservations to meet each other. By the time we realized that the USCIS was stalling on approvals and then kept our approved file on the mailing dock for 5 weeks instead of mailing it, it was too late to make plans for either of us to visit one another. We had a December 22 wedding planned which was messed up by the USCIS and then again our January 19 and February 16 possible wedding dates were scratched due to them not mailing our packet and then running into the holiday weeks.

So now we are at a place where his interview is next month, and I am back teaching again and can not go visit him. The earliest would be March, but that won't help with proof at the February 19 interview.

I'm wondering how many of you have only met your fiance(e)s once and how many of you did not see your fiance(e)s for up to 10 months before the interview date. We have thousands of e-mails to show as well as hundreds of phone calls, lots of letters and packages, along with all the necessary proof of support, tax forms, etc. We have one set of pictures which were taken when he was here last March but nothing more up to date than that. We are engaged, and I do have my ring and our engagement ring receipt. I will be able to send receipts and plans for our May 17 wedding with both of our names on it as well to show that I am working towards him being here.

Any suggestions/advice for the interview? Anybody else experienced the same situation at their interview and been fine with a logical explanation of timing issues such as we have incurred?

Thanks in advance.

There is a time for everything....all in God's time.

3-11-06: Met online

4-4-07: Engaged:)

5-31-07: K-1 package mailed

6-5-07: Signature of receipt at TSC

6-12-07: NOA1 notice mailed from CSC

6-15-07: Check clears bank

6-16-07: Bank shows that check has been cashed.

6-18-07: Obtained receipt number off the back of the check and registered on the USCIS site

6-18-07: USCIS portfolio states packet received at CSC on June 12 and notice has been mailed

7-12-07: Touch due to phone call to USCIS

7-16-07: Received NOA1 hardcopy

9-25-07: Called USCIS

9-26-07: Touch-probably due to phone call yesterday

10-29-07: NOA2!!

10-30-07: Touch

10-31-07: Touch

11-1-07: Touch

11-11-07: Touch

12-28-07: Medical

2-19-08: Interview date- Passed!

4-26-08: US entry in Dallas, Texas

5-17-08: Wedding date--Finally Married!

3dflagsdotcom_safri_2fawm.gifJonathan and Kelly 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

You meet the requirements, I dont think it will be a factor, just my opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck for a successful interview!!! Don't forget to post your experience afterwards.

All you can do is provide as much documentation that you can to prove a bona fide relationship and explain the reasons why you haven't seen each other more than you have.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Personally, I do not think it will be a problem. Not everyone can, for whatever reason, travel to their fiance's countries more frequently, no matter how much we want to. I think that as long as you can show other evidence of an ongoing relaitonship you should be fine.

Good luck!!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Hello,

My fiance has his interview on February 19 at the US Embassy in Johannesburg, South Africa. We haven't seen each other since last March. He only has one set of plane tickets and stubs to show as proof at the interview. I have not been to South Africa to see him for several reasons. First, I am a school teacher at the private school which I own and run, and I only have a few holidays that are long enough to make the trip. Both of those long holidays this past year were supposed to include our wedding! So neither of us made reservations to meet each other. By the time we realized that the USCIS was stalling on approvals and then kept our approved file on the mailing dock for 5 weeks instead of mailing it, it was too late to make plans for either of us to visit one another. We had a December 22 wedding planned which was messed up by the USCIS and then again our January 19 and February 16 possible wedding dates were scratched due to them not mailing our packet and then running into the holiday weeks.

So now we are at a place where his interview is next month, and I am back teaching again and can not go visit him. The earliest would be March, but that won't help with proof at the February 19 interview.

I'm wondering how many of you have only met your fiance(e)s once and how many of you did not see your fiance(e)s for up to 10 months before the interview date. We have thousands of e-mails to show as well as hundreds of phone calls, lots of letters and packages, along with all the necessary proof of support, tax forms, etc. We have one set of pictures which were taken when he was here last March but nothing more up to date than that. We are engaged, and I do have my ring and our engagement ring receipt. I will be able to send receipts and plans for our May 17 wedding with both of our names on it as well to show that I am working towards him being here.

Any suggestions/advice for the interview? Anybody else experienced the same situation at their interview and been fine with a logical explanation of timing issues such as we have incurred?

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever consider to go there before your fiance will come to the US,cause if you do, than you can buy the ticket now and send him the copy of your flight ticket

My boyfriend and i are not going to see each other till after the interview neither, but we'll have one wedding in my country also, so he'll come here, and then we'll leave together, but this is only after the interview, and he's going to buy the plain tickets before my interview, and he'll send me the copy so i can take it with me to the interview.

I'm sorry if i didn't help

.png

UURI.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.