B'sA

january filers!

1,411 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
See what having my SO 5,000 miles away does to me?! I'm going to the hair salon tonight to do something drastic :)

I hope he still likes me when he gets back :)

I'm your quiet, dorky engineer, with, long plain, light brown hair... I'm going to layer and highlight it tonight.. Well here goes nothing. I'll either be unbelievably depressed tonight or pleasantly surprised... wish me luck!

I am sure it will look great and not as drastic as you think! I have had RED, Blue and many colors in between! :-) I had the big 80's bleached thing going on in HS. Well now I just have light on top and dark underneath.. its is my "grown up funky" LOL!

Never let your hair get you depressed - it always grows back!

YOU WILL LOOK GREAT AND HE WILL STILL LOVE YOU! YAy!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See what having my SO 5,000 miles away does to me?! I'm going to the hair salon tonight to do something drastic :)

I'm your quiet, dorky engineer, with, long plain, light brown hair... I'm going to layer and highlight it tonight.. Well here goes nothing. I'll either be unbelievably depressed tonight or pleasantly surprised... wish me luck!

I'm sure it will look great!!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

YAYAYAY! Louis just got an e-mail from the consulate in Barbados! His interview is May 27th!

I am so happy!

So now we will really celebrate when I see him Thrusday!! wooooo!!!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
YAYAYAY! Louis just got an e-mail from the consulate in Barbados! His interview is May 27th!

I am so happy!

Good luck to you both.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Wahoo! Congratulations! :)

I am so happy!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

04-08-2008 - Medical Exam

04-17-2008 - Interview!!!

04-22-2008 - VISA IN HAND!

05-02-2008 - U.S. Entrance

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

06-19-2008 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06-26-2008 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

07-22-2008 - Transferred to CSC!

07-28-2008 - Email from CRIS confirming CSC received case

08-25-2008 - Received AP in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

08-29-2008 - Received EAD card in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

09-22-2008 - Received Email from CRIS for I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!"

09-27-2008 - Received Green Card in the mail!

Phase 3....

06-29-2010 - Sent I-751 and package to Remove Conditions

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

I never looked up the price of Duke Garden, I have a friend who has a year-round pass to there. I'll have to re-check with him if there are any fees to have a civil ceremony there :wacko:

here's the rental fees:http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/facility_rental_fees.htm but if you have a friend there, who knows it might be free for you guys. The place looks so serene and beutiful. :thumbs:

As for spending for the wedding, it first wedding for both of you, you still don't have kids so there is really no worry about spending a little more on it.

For us, this will be my 2nd (though technically the first was deemed null and void from the start, it was like kids play, done at our garage with a minister who had no license to officiate :blink:) and I'd be his 4th wife :wacko: . He's had the big fancy wedding decades ago during his first wedding, he's had a courthouse wedding, and his had a small chapel wedding. So for his 4th (AND DEFINITELY THE LAST, unless I die first) I just want something intimate and memorable for both of us and for our kids: a family wedding where we could also exchange vows with our kids. And I just want God to be a very big part of the wedding since He was the missing element in the past weddings we've been part of.

SHOW SOME PICS!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I am sure it will turn out great! And besides he didn't love your hair, he loved the total package. :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

here's the rental fees:http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/facility_rental_fees.htm but if you have a friend there, who knows it might be free for you guys. The place looks so serene and beutiful. :thumbs:

As for spending for the wedding, it first wedding for both of you, you still don't have kids so there is really no worry about spending a little more on it.

For us, this will be my 2nd (though technically the first was deemed null and void from the start, it was like kids play, done at our garage with a minister who had no license to officiate :blink:) and I'd be his 4th wife :wacko: . He's had the big fancy wedding decades ago during his first wedding, he's had a courthouse wedding, and his had a small chapel wedding. So for his 4th (AND DEFINITELY THE LAST, unless I die first) I just want something intimate and memorable for both of us and for our kids: a family wedding where we could also exchange vows with our kids. And I just want God to be a very big part of the wedding since He was the missing element in the past weddings we've been part of.

Well we thought, since we were going to do photos there, we'd just sneak the minister in with us, the civil service we are just doing for government reasons, it would only be us, and my parents (to witness) and the photographer, because Stephen's mother wants some photos of the "official first service". So we wouldn't be renting the facility at all, just take the two minutes standing in the public garden area to say "I do" ... but I'll have to check with my friend to see if we could do that. If not, we'll just be having the civil service at a local park close to home, with my parents and the officiant. In the end, that's just the technical service, the family one in September is much more important to us. There are plenty of pretty public parks around here, or even the Arboretum at NC State University, better yet Pullen Park (close to NC State University) in Raleigh. It's beautiful and has places for the children to play. I believe if you wanted to have a function there it is rentable. I guess it depends on what you are looking for, in terms of outside vs. inside. There's lots offered in this area, in lots of price ranges. I'd be glad to put together information if it would help you :) I am sure you will find something that suits the two of you and accomplishes what you want!

I tried to get away with just having a civil service, but my parents wouldn't have it. And after the planning started, I even said it would be so much easier to go to Vegas, but my mother immediately put an end to that. Being the only daughter has some challenges in the easy department for weddings!!! :wacko: The other problem is I am the youngest "grandchild" as well, and I come from a rather large family, both my parents each have 5 other siblings, so my extended family goes on and on for miles!!!! When it came down to trying to create a guest list, it kept growing by family members :lol: In the end, we will be happy to share it with friends and family.

Do let me know if I can offer any of my knowledge from living here in this area ....

I am so happy!

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! :thumbs:

I'm sure it will look fabulous!!!!! :star:

K1

01/31/2008: Sent I-129F to VSC

02/05/2008: NOA1

03/19/2008: NOA2 (48 days)

05/13/2008: Interview (103 days) APPROVED!!!!

05/23/2008: Visa In Hand

05/25/2008: Stephen's Flight to USA Coming home with me!!!!

06/20/2008: Civil Wedding

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

07/07/2008: Filed AOS, EAD & AP

07/14/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

08/15/2008: Biometrics

09/05/2008: EAD & AP (60 days) APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2008: AP arrived in the mail

09/13/2008: EAD arrived in the mail

09/20/2008: Family Wedding Ahhh, finally the stress is over!

09/22/2008: AOS Interview Appointment Letter

11/04/2008: AOS Interview (10AM) APPROVED!!!!

11/14/2008: GreenCard Received

03/28/2009: Connor (our son) arrived into the world at 10:00PM

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

09/27/2010: I-751 packet mailed to VSC

09/29/2010: NOA1 received

12/03/2010: Biometrics

01/24/2011: Approval E-mail Received 01/26, 9:30AM (120 days) APPROVED!!!!

01/28/2011: GreedCard Received

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." ~Kahlil Gibran

I agree with dbears, KitEEgirl - you should show us photos of your new 'do! I bet it looks gorgeous! Oh, and if you feel that it's too drastic a change at first, don't worry - I usually find that my hair looks best a week or so after it's been cut. :) Oh - and good luck at the interview tomorrow!

I tried to get away with just having a civil service, but my parents wouldn't have it. And after the planning started, I even said it would be so much easier to go to Vegas, but my mother immediately put an end to that. Being the only daughter has some challenges in the easy department for weddings!!! :wacko: The other problem is I am the youngest "grandchild" as well, and I come from a rather large family, both my parents each have 5 other siblings, so my extended family goes on and on for miles!!!! When it came down to trying to create a guest list, it kept growing by family members :lol: In the end, we will be happy to share it with friends and family.

Bolded for 'applies to me'! I'm in pretty much the same situation - only I'm not the only daughter, but I am the eldest grandchild and the first to be married, which comes with its own pressures!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

There are plenty of pretty public parks around here, or even the Arboretum at NC State University, better yet Pullen Park (close to NC State University) in Raleigh. It's beautiful and has places for the children to play. I believe if you wanted to have a function there it is rentable. I guess it depends on what you are looking for, in terms of outside vs. inside. There's lots offered in this area, in lots of price ranges. I'd be glad to put together information if it would help you :) I am sure you will find something that suits the two of you and accomplishes what you want!

This will be greatly appreciated Amanda (F) .. but maybe just after Stephen's interview... I know you already have your hands full as of now and I would feel guilty if I'd be adding to your stress dear. :)

Bolded for 'applies to me'! I'm in pretty much the same situation - only I'm not the only daughter, but I am the eldest grandchild and the first to be married, which comes with its own pressures!

If you were both my daughters, it won't matter whether you're eldest or youngest or only daughter or just one of the daughters, I would want to see you both in a beautiful wedding gown and to have the most beautiful wedding... especially since this will be the first time (and hopefully the last time and only time) that both of you would be getting married.

Seeing even one of her daughters wear a wedding gown is one of my mother's greatest frustration... and I will yet to fulfil it when we have our wedding (ceremonial wedding which will be a renewal of vows sort of thing) in the Philippines in 3-5years from now.

When you have daughters of your own, you will fully understand why mothers are making such a big fuzz about their daughter's wedding (in the same way that we only came to fully understand the immigration process now that we are going through it). Your wedding is not only a gift for yourself but also a gift for your mothers. So bear it all and be the most stunning bride ever. :thumbs:

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

If you were both my daughters, it won't matter whether you're eldest or youngest or only daughter or just one of the daughters, I would want to see you both in a beautiful wedding gown and to have the most beautiful wedding... especially since this will be the first time (and hopefully the last time and only time) that both of you would be getting married.

Amen to that! I love thinking of being able to grow nice and old with Alex. I have dated guys where the whole focus was on the present and who I could not see myself growing old with, but with Alex this is certainly not the case.

Seeing even one of her daughters wear a wedding gown is one of my mother's greatest frustration... and I will yet to fulfil it when we have our wedding (ceremonial wedding which will be a renewal of vows sort of thing) in the Philippines in 3-5years from now.

When you have daughters of your own, you will fully understand why mothers are making such a big fuzz about their daughter's wedding (in the same way that we only came to fully understand the immigration process now that we are going through it). Your wedding is not only a gift for yourself but also a gift for your mothers. So bear it all and be the most stunning bride ever. :thumbs:

I really hope that you can indeed fulfill your mother's desires and I am sure you will look stunning in a wedding gown when you renew your vows in the Philippines!

You are right...I've been thinking of the wedding from a rather selfish point of view and I forget that I owe it to my parents, particularly my mother, to look good, too...I'll do my best to look happy and beautiful (even if I am surrounded by slimmer, more beautiful friends!)

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

You are right...I've been thinking of the wedding from a rather selfish point of view and I forget that I owe it to my parents, particularly my mother, to look good, too...I'll do my best to look happy and beautiful (even if I am surrounded by slimmer, more beautiful friends!)

Rachel, you WILL be the most beautiful girl on your wedding day! Just remember that Alex would be marrying you not anyone else! And being really slim does not equate to being more beautiful than all the rest... You are BEAUTIFUL, NO IF's, NO BUT's! :thumbs:

ROC

N-400

Timeline

It's actually not as drastic as I'd hoped! It looks good, but the highlights could definitely be lighter...As my Mom would say... you get what you paid for.. it was pretty inexpensive, so I'm ok with it!

Is it lunch time yet? I'm starving!

I am sure it will look great and not as drastic as you think! I have had RED, Blue and many colors in between! :-) I had the big 80's bleached thing going on in HS. Well now I just have light on top and dark underneath.. its is my "grown up funky" LOL!

Never let your hair get you depressed - it always grows back!

YOU WILL LOOK GREAT AND HE WILL STILL LOVE YOU! YAy!

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

Phase 3....

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

This will be greatly appreciated Amanda (F) .. but maybe just after Stephen's interview... I know you already have your hands full as of now and I would feel guilty if I'd be adding to your stress dear. :)

Not a problem at all. I'm not too stressed at the moment, or should I say today. Now tomorrow, it could all be different, considering yesterday was a panic day!!!! Any my head is spinning about dress choices. I've got it down to 3 dresses, but I can't seem to make the "final" decision!!! Anyone interested in viewing the pics -- I'm willing to take input :D I can post the dress pictures .... most everything else has already fallen into place, at least I think it has!

I'll ask my parents too about places around here, let me know what your "ideal" place is, if it's just for you and Ricky and the kids, or others, etc.

K1

01/31/2008: Sent I-129F to VSC

02/05/2008: NOA1

03/19/2008: NOA2 (48 days)

05/13/2008: Interview (103 days) APPROVED!!!!

05/23/2008: Visa In Hand

05/25/2008: Stephen's Flight to USA Coming home with me!!!!

06/20/2008: Civil Wedding

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

07/07/2008: Filed AOS, EAD & AP

07/14/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

08/15/2008: Biometrics

09/05/2008: EAD & AP (60 days) APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2008: AP arrived in the mail

09/13/2008: EAD arrived in the mail

09/20/2008: Family Wedding Ahhh, finally the stress is over!

09/22/2008: AOS Interview Appointment Letter

11/04/2008: AOS Interview (10AM) APPROVED!!!!

11/14/2008: GreenCard Received

03/28/2009: Connor (our son) arrived into the world at 10:00PM

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

09/27/2010: I-751 packet mailed to VSC

09/29/2010: NOA1 received

12/03/2010: Biometrics

01/24/2011: Approval E-mail Received 01/26, 9:30AM (120 days) APPROVED!!!!

01/28/2011: GreedCard Received

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." ~Kahlil Gibran

Timeline

I wanna see, I wanna see!

Not a problem at all. I'm not too stressed at the moment, or should I say today. Now tomorrow, it could all be different, considering yesterday was a panic day!!!! Any my head is spinning about dress choices. I've got it down to 3 dresses, but I can't seem to make the "final" decision!!! Anyone interested in viewing the pics -- I'm willing to take input :D I can post the dress pictures .... most everything else has already fallen into place, at least I think it has!

I'll ask my parents too about places around here, let me know what your "ideal" place is, if it's just for you and Ricky and the kids, or others, etc.

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

Phase 3....

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

Sure, show us the pictures! :D

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.