pcana

my anxiety is bulding up as we aproach the interview date

20 posts in this topic

hi guys:

I guess i'm just feeling scared and anxious,I couldn't sleep last night(neither my husband) he's having his medical exam this morning.

Anyways here's the evidence we're presenting at the interview:

chats logs since the day we met on line till present.

telephone bills

pictures

2 affidavis of evidence ( one from the owner of the company I work which happens to be a very good friend of mine) and another one from the pastor of the church I attend. He's also presenting a letter from his pastor (we both Christians)

3- boarding passes

4- money exchange receipts.

5- a copy of my passport.

Now here's the reason a feeling so anxious.

Age difference ( I'm 14 years older than my husband) if you see us together is hard to tell , Idon't look my my age than GOD for that.

I'm only been once in El salvador to visit my husband (back on May 2007)

We never met each i person before we got married (we didn't need to We just knew we're were meant for each other)

I know this is all in God's hand now and I trust him with all my heart since He's the one who really has control of our lives.

But anyways i've just need to hear from you guys and give me your thoughts.

God bless you all and thanks in advance for your advice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i wish you all the best!!! i hope you and your sweetie are together soon!! the evidence you're preparing sounds sufficient...there's nothing to worry about!!

good luck!! take care!! :)(L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

hi guys:

I guess i'm just feeling scared and anxious,I couldn't sleep last night(neither my husband) he's having his medical exam this morning.

telephone bills

pictures

2 affidavis of evidence ( one from the owner of the company I work which happens to be a very good friend of mine) and another one from the pastor of the church I attend. He's also presenting a letter from his pastor (we both Christians)

3- boarding passes

Age difference ( I'm 14 years older than my husband) if you see us together is hard to tell , Idon't look my my age than GOD for that.

We never met each i person before we got married (we didn't need to We just knew we're were meant for each other)

I know this is all in God's hand now and I trust him with all my heart since He's the one who really has control of our lives.

Thanks I wish you the best in your journey too, Thanks for your response I can breath easier now, you're kind words has make realize how important is this site when we're can support each other God Bless you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, as you already know, the fact that you had never met each other before you got married and that their is an age difference might be a red flag for them.

All you can do, in terms of evidence that you do have a bonafide marriage, is present as much evidence of that fact as you can - and from your list it looks like that is what you have done.

They might ask you about the age difference, about not meeting before arriving to get married, practice your answers. While you don't want to sound like you are an actor in rehearsal :) you do need to think about what you are going to say.

Just be prepared and you will be fine.

Good luck!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hi guys:

telephone bills

pictures

3- boarding passes

hi pcana

age doesn't matter i am 11 year younder then my wife lol.. and embassies are used to deal with these kind of applicants....

N-400 Naturalization

11/07/2011 - Mailed

11/15/2011 - Check Cashed

11/18/2011 - NOA Received in Mail

12/02/2011 - Biometrics Done

12/27/2011 - Yellow Letter Received

02/21/2012 - Interview Letter Recieved

03/22/2012 - Interview

05/11/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Well, as you already know, the fact that you had never met each other before you got married and that their is an age difference might be a red flag for them.

All you can do, in terms of evidence that you do have a bonafide marriage, is present as much evidence of that fact as you can - and from your list it looks like that is what you have done.

They might ask you about the age difference, about not meeting before arriving to get married, practice your answers. While you don't want to sound like you are an actor in rehearsal :) you do need to think about what you are going to say.

Just be prepared and you will be fine.

Good luck!

thanks a lot for your response, honestly I can't think of anything else as evidence, but any suggestions are welcome,Yes we are preparing for the questions that they may asked without sounding rehearsed!! I just love my husband with all my heart and being with him is my ultimate goal!! God's in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi guys:

telephone bills

pictures

3- boarding passes

hi pcana

age doesn't matter i am 11 year younder then my wife lol.. and embassies are used to deal with these kind of applicants....

Thanks liberal.. I know for a fact that age is not an issue for us,my husband is a blessing for me and I'd woldn't change anything because everything that has happen to us is just wonderful and I thank God everyday for it

God bless you!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
hi guys:

telephone bills

pictures

3- boarding passes

It sounds like you have the standard items they request for proof of an ongoing relationship.

I think they only really look at the age difference when it's a huge gap (e.g. when a 55+ year old man with pot belly is marrying 21 year old bikini babe) and when it's from a country that has high occurrences of visa fraud.

As far getting married the first time you met, you will have some of the call and chat logs prior to that to show that the relationship developed prior to actually meeting. Remember, this is a new era of dating and people saying that met on line doesn't raise any eyebrows; internet relationships tend to grow differently then ones that started when two people first met in person.

Just be confident in your answers and in your marriage and it will show.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

hi guys:

telephone bills

pictures

3- boarding passes

It sounds like you have the standard items they request for proof of an ongoing relationship.

I think they only really look at the age difference when it's a huge gap (e.g. when a 55+ year old man with pot belly is marrying 21 year old bikini babe) and when it's from a country that has high occurrences of visa fraud.

As far getting married the first time you met, you will have some of the call and chat logs prior to that to show that the relationship developed prior to actually meeting. Remember, this is a new era of dating and people saying that met on line doesn't raise any eyebrows; internet relationships tend to grow differently then ones that started when two people first met in person.

Thanks Dylan's wife:

That's exactly what i keep repeating myself "things have changed" in terms of how we get to meet people these days and found your SO on line (without actually planned it that way) and I hope th CO see it that way too, thanks for making me laugh on your comment about the age difference I guess you're right ,that's not our case at all I'm 42 (female petitioner) my husband 28(beneficiary) you don't see a big difference when you see us together but that's irrelevant at this point what really matters is our feelings for each other.. Thanks again and congatulations on your visa approval God bless

hi guys:

telephone bills

pictures

3- boarding passes

Thanks Dylan's wife:

That's exactly what i keep repeating myself "things have changed" in terms of how we get to meet people these days and found your SO on line (without actually planned it that way) and I hope th CO see it that way too, thanks for making me laugh on your comment about the age difference I guess you're right ,that's not our case at all I'm 42 (female petitioner) my husband 28(beneficiary) you don't see a big difference when you see us together but that's irrelevant at this point what really matters is our feelings for each other.. Thanks again and congatulations on your visa approval God bless

We have the same age difference but the opposite way. I'm 63 and my wife is 49. We are also going to submit proof of phone calls and if you are chatting on messenger, I don't know about the others, but in Yahoo you can have archive turned on and it gives the date of the chat and click on the line and it brings up the pages that can be printed. I'm printing out the log and first page of one chat a month for the last 2 years. Best of luck.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

hi guys:

telephone bills

pictures

3- boarding passes

Thanks Dylan's wife:

We have the same age difference but the opposite way. I'm 63 and my wife is 49. We are also going to submit proof of phone calls and if you are chatting on messenger, I don't know about the others, but in Yahoo you can have archive turned on and it gives the date of the chat and click on the line and it brings up the pages that can be printed. I'm printing out the log and first page of one chat a month for the last 2 years. Best of luck.

Hi Rip44:

I printed one from each month(yahoo) startting from the very first time we got in contact till the end of december,the more I think about the more confused I feel do you think one conversation per month is OK? knowing that we've been in touch for the llast 2 years on a daily basis it's almost imposible to think about printing more than one per month,anyways I wish you the best for you and your wife and as far as the age difference go I guess there's nothing to worry about God is our primary EVIDENCE Thanks again.

Timeline
Hi Rip44:

I printed one from each month(yahoo) startting from the very first time we got in contact till the end of december,the more I think about the more confused I feel do you think one conversation per month is OK? knowing that we've been in touch for the llast 2 years on a daily basis it's almost imposible to think about printing more than one per month,anyways I wish you the best for you and your wife and as far as the age difference go I guess there's nothing to worry about God is our primary EVIDENCE Thanks again.

It seems that maybe you don't think one per month is ok. I say print out more! Generally your case has somewhat been decided before you walk in the door. If there are questions about a bonafide relationship and they start to ask for your proof would you rather have 24 pages or 48 pages etc?

I say print double that - show them you are serious about proving your bonafide relationship :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi,

I can't help since I am new to this site, but I can tell you that I am in a similar situation to yours. I am actually seven years older than my husband to be, and to be honest, no one can tell. Most people assume I am just a couple of years older than him, but when people see us together what they notice is just that, that we are together. Age does not matter, if you don't make it into a big deal, nobody else will. Your love shows, and that will be more than enough.

Nydia Y Neftaly (NYN)

Hi,

I can't help since I am new to this site, but I can tell you that I am in a similar situation to yours. I am actually seven years older than my husband to be, and to be honest, no one can tell. Most people assume I am just a couple of years older than him, but when people see us together what they notice is just that, that we are together. Age does not matter, if you don't make it into a big deal, nobody else will. Your love shows, and that will be more than enough.

Hi Nadia:

fortunately that topic wasn't even brought up at the interview( me being older than my husband) it was other things that the consular officer thought we needed to prove that's why I'm travelin to El Salvador to be with my husband for a second interview On tuesday 6th so don't worry to much about it just collect as much evidence as possible,each case is different but from my experience I can tell you that being there with your husband or fiance the day of the interview definately helps

Good luck to you and GOD bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.