Dr. A ♥ O

The unfortunate letter

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

On New Year's Day we got some unfortunate news we were hoping we wouldn't get. Just when I thought that the visa battle was half won the Egyptian Military sent a formal request for my Husband to come serve. He is to report Jan. 17th and be in "boot camp" or lock down as they call it for a total 45 days. We won't have any contact till the 1st of March. Then he would serve for a year to 16 months according to the instructions. He is going to see what he can do legally about it but it sounds like he is going to have to serve. This means our wait is only half or just under half done and I don't know what this does to our visa process or what we can do about it. I just wanted to get on with our life together and here we hit another snag and an even longer wait and facing far less communication the second year of waiting then the first year.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone have any advice on the visa process for this kind of situation?

Olivia (F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about this! *hugs*

I was wondering what your news was but didn't want to prod.

Hopefully you will be able to find someone here who can offer some advice about it regarding the visa process.

I wish you both the best in coping with this.

(F)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Wow, I am so sorry to hear about this! *hugs*

I was wondering what your news was but didn't want to prod.

Hopefully you will be able to find someone here who can offer some advice about it regarding the visa process.

I wish you both the best in coping with this.

(F)

Ditto... just sent you a PM regarding some advice. (F)

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Gosh I'm sorry to hear this Olivia. You guys have been through a lot of trials so far it seems like and I hope you can get through this if you choose to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
(L) Thx ladies. I did tell him of course I would wait. I'll just try to stay focused on school and by the time he is out I would be graduated and it would be better for both of us.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ohhhhh, I feel for you!! I don't know what to say. Akram got the letter to serve, but that was BEFORE we started the visa process. By the time he was about to finish his time in the army I felt the need to go to Egypt. We started the visa process after the army, so I don't know what to say to you, only that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't understand it right away.

I don't know if someone else on this board has gone through this situation you're in now, but I'm sure if someone has, they'll give you advice, insha Allah.

Stay strong in faith, and you'll get through this, and if you need to talk about anything, you can add me on yahoo or msn. I have you in my prayers.

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh honey, I am so sorry to hear this news. I do not even know what I would do if I had to add this wait on top of the wait we have already endured. Hang in there and remember we are here for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry to hear about this. don't lose faith. i agree that everything happens for a reason if we don't understand why. we are here for you if you need us.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh I am so sorry to hear about this. The waiting is long and hard enough through this process, but to add this on top I can't even imagine what your both going through. I pray this will not put any delay on the process. Please stay strong and think about the future and happiness that both of u will finally have when this is all done and over with and you can be together. Like others have said and I believe eveything happens for a reason. To me it felt like our love was being tested just during our visa process, but our love made it. I'm hoping that this time will go by quickly for you. Hold on to your hopes and dreams and don't ever let them go. The love u both share will help pull you through this (test). (F)

Hugs,

Jan (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

that sucks! :ranting: i hope he is able to find a way out of it (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.