Factors i've noticed about issuing visas in MENA

200 posts in this topic

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I must say you women, that have gone to visit your men in their country, must have not been paying attention because I have clearly gotten the stink eye from Egyptian women watching Jack and I together.

We've has this discussion in MENA before. So you got the evil eye...why is that immediately interpreted as jealousy? That's rather vain, IMO.

Perhaps other explanations are too disturbing (or not self-affirming enough) to consider....

If you are referring to my height, weight or beauty you may be right but again the stares I get from the women when walking alone are different are not the same when I am with Jack.

I must say you women, that have gone to visit your men in their country, must have not been paying attention because I have clearly gotten the stink eye from Egyptian women watching Jack and I together.

We've has this discussion in MENA before. So you got the evil eye...why is that immediately interpreted as jealousy? That's rather vain, IMO.

Because it is a different type of stare than when I am walking alone.

Ohhhh it's a DIFFERENT kind of stare. That explains everything. So what's the difference? When you're with Jack they stare regular style, and when you're alone they close one eye and stare? :rolleyes:

You need to grow up Sarah. Everyone one of your know what I am referring to.

I have no idea what you are referring to.

Then you are too self absorbed to be aware of what is going on outside yourself.

Of course! Because I don't think people are jealous of me if they stare makes me self absorbed. Perfect sense! Shanks Shandy!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Perhaps other explanations are too disturbing (or not self-affirming enough) to consider....

If you are referring to my height, weight or beauty you may be right but again the stares I get from the women when walking alone are different are not the same when I am with Jack.

I really have no idea what you look like -- your avatar pic is pretty small and it's hard to make a judgment based on that. And anyway that would still be a subjective opinion -- not everyone would necessarily agree.

But I'm saying that just because someone cuts their eye at you does not mean they're "jealous."

And you are right if I was talking about one particular woman or instance but this is an ongoing issue.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I really have no idea what you look like -- your avatar pic is pretty small and it's hard to make a judgment based on that. And anyway that would still be a subjective opinion -- not everyone would necessarily agree.

But I'm saying that just because someone cuts their eye at you does not mean they're "jealous."

And you are right if I was talking about one particular woman or instance but this is an ongoing issue.

Even if EVERYONE cuts their eye at you, it still doesn't mean they're "jealous." In fact, if lots of people are doing it, then there's probably something else going on....

"Disapproval" or even outright "hostility" does not equal "jealousy."

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe there's some confusion over jealousy for a particular woman/wanting her SO and resentment over the fact that many young men are leaving the country in pursuit of better opportunity.

Timeline

Even if EVERYONE cuts their eye at you, it still doesn't mean they're "jealous." In fact, if lots of people are doing it, then there's probably something else going on....

"Disapproval" or even outright "hostility" does not equal "jealousy."

:yes::yes::yes:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Because it is a different type of stare than when I am walking alone.

Ohhhh it's a DIFFERENT kind of stare. That explains everything. So what's the difference? When you're with Jack they stare regular style, and when you're alone they close one eye and stare? :rolleyes:

You need to grow up Sarah. Everyone one of your know what I am referring to.

I have no idea what you are referring to.

Then you are too self absorbed to be aware of what is going on outside yourself.

Of course! Because I don't think people are jealous of me if they stare makes me self absorbed. Perfect sense! Shanks Shandy!

Actually it is not really about people being jealous of you Sarah it is more about, all you are aware of are your own thoughts and ideas and you can not see beyond that. You do not see what is going on around you and that other people have thoughts and ideas that might be as good if not better than your own.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Not sure fat-free anything counts after a Caramel Macciato and fritter...lol

That's it...you're gettin the evil eye!!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Shandy-

You lost me completely. I can't understand what you are trying to prove. I guess according to you that makes me self absorbed. Right? Right?

Hugz!

Edited by sarah and hicham

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Not sure fat-free anything counts after a Caramel Macciato and fritter...lol

That's it...you're gettin the evil eye!!!!

I am so frickin jealous :angry: Why don't *I* have a Caramel Macciato and Fritter ????!!!!!

*cuts eye at Jackie and Bridget*

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hmm. Again I'll say i got stared at but it was like how we, as Americans, sometimes stare at those who are "different" than what is the norm for your area. I know my hair being light and long was pretty much the major deal in my husband's area-- because once I covered it up, I didn't have problems. I didn't think anyone was jealous, just mostly curious perhaps.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Don't look at me with that eye woman! I need 2008 to rock :thumbs:

:lol:

come on, back to topic....snipes should go to pm.

Jackie (L)

let's get out our tape measures and wrap everyone up in them :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

This topic annoys me. :angry: I would never be so vain to think anyone was jealous of me. :rolleyes:

Also on topic...I went throught Jordan has a long wait just to get the interview and approval here in the US and I did also have a significant wait in AP after the interview. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to what we go through. I don't think we will ever be able to explain it.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.