*Maureen*

Freezing Friday!!

68 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Heading out to Catholic Charities in a coupla hours to talk to their immigration attys. Wish us luck.

Good luck with that!

Today I have to do my employee self-assessment. I think that might be my least favorite thing to do ever. :crying:

I hear ya. Now what I do is throughout the year whenever I do something above and beyond the call of duty I log it in my special log that I keep. When I invent a new process, give a lecture on a new technique for doing things, etc. I log it away so that I can list my accomplishments without having to really think about them. I also keep an eye out for seminars that I want to attend and I list those as well stating how it will help me to give "added-value" to the company. (they LOVE that term added-value...every year it's a different stupid catch phrase that they love. lol)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good morning everyone! I guess we finally sent the cold weather somewhere else because today it's supposed to be a whooping 40 degrees! Bring out the tank tops! It's a heatwave!

I found out yesterday that the dudes at the Nissan dealers are IDIOTS!!!! I got my car back in June and had my last oil change in October. Well, when the weather was super cold, my wiper fluid wouldn't work! I'm had a few cars and this has never happened with my other cars. So I called a friend that works there. He tells me that supposedly someone was putting the wrong type of washer fluid in cars....yeah the type that will freeze. So.....the pump thingy in my car blew up....and yeah....they "think" I'm paying for another one! HA HA! They don't know me well do they? So I get to go argue with the manager today so I can get me a new pump thingy. DORKS! I think I need to go back to changing the oil and car fluids myself.

Hang in there......60's tomorrow.

:dance: And you know there will be people out in shorts! :lol: HEAT WAVE! It's going to be a nice change from all the cold we've had recently. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Heading out to Catholic Charities in a coupla hours to talk to their immigration attys. Wish us luck.

Good luck with that!

Today I have to do my employee self-assessment. I think that might be my least favorite thing to do ever. :crying:

I hear ya. Now what I do is throughout the year whenever I do something above and beyond the call of duty I log it in my special log that I keep. When I invent a new process, give a lecture on a new technique for doing things, etc. I log it away so that I can list my accomplishments without having to really think about them. I also keep an eye out for seminars that I want to attend and I list those as well stating how it will help me to give "added-value" to the company. (they LOVE that term added-value...every year it's a different stupid catch phrase that they love. lol)

Oooh, good tips! I'm trying to go through my task list on outlook to get ideas. But I'm basically just copying my goals from last year's evaluation into my accomplishments for this year. :whistle: Now I have to come up with new goals, ugh. I like that, "added-value". I'm gonna see where I can work that in. :D

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

morning! husband has his pre-op appointment today. one step closer to surgery next week! yay!!!!!!!

not too cold here. maybe 60 degrees high today? and RAIN! finally some more rain for southern california...we sure need it!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Good luck with that!

thank you for this, i used to do it and im goign to start doing it again to make life easier for myself at review time!

Good morning everyone! I guess we finally sent the cold weather somewhere else because today it's supposed to be a whooping 40 degrees! Bring out the tank tops! It's a heatwave!

Thank goodness, I braised a steak yesterday and like a dummy, poured in additional ingredients to further simmer it when it was wicked hot = smoky stinky mess. I have the windows open today just to air things out.

For the record, despite creating what would appear to be smoke signals out of the apartment , the steak came out splendidly! (although I decided only sandwiches today :P)

ETA: my property listing still shows only basic information. ####### :dead:

Edited by LaL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks God it's Friday.

There's supposed to be a huge storm coming through this weekend which is good cause we need the rain.

Have a good one!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The wind is howling outside! We've got a three day snow storm in the forcast coming in. That's all I need when taking the roads back to Moscow and going over White Bird Pass. Yikes! :help:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My vacation is slowly coming to an end! :crying: Back to the grind on Monday!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Timeline

:dance::dance: Happy Friday! :dance::dance: The sun is shining and the birds are chirping....oh...no that was the voices in my head. :lol:

Hope you all have a great day. I plan on making the most of it.

Someone quit at my job so that really leaves a shortage of who I share a schedule with. If they put me on more floor time, I will be doing my measures either at 8am or in the dark. This could be a longggggggggg January. I am taking a 2 week vacation in April, so they better hire someone quick! Anybody want a good job? ahhhhh vacation.....

(L) Jackie (L)

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

We're starting to warm up in South Texas -- 36 this morning, should be 60 today, and climbing up to 78 by Sunday :dance::dance::dance: YEAHHHHHHHHHHH THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT !!!!! :thumbs:

Olivia -- no problems with the site here.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Friday everyone! :dance: This weekend will be lots of work at the store (sunday is Three Kings Day. Here we celebrate both Christmas and 3 Kings day). Tomorrow I go straight from class to work, and my bones are asking for "time-out" since last night :lol: . I'm soooooo tiredddd but, for me, it's good to keep busy these days, and try to keep my mind off the visa for a while.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

good luck yassmine.

i read your story yesterday. did you by any chance have an account where you can review the status of your case online?

Yuppers. To this day it still says they "sent us a notice on July 2, 2007 explaning how our case would be processed, blah blah blah", which was NOA1. It was last updated 12/31 and shows the same canned paragraph, with no indication of an RFE or denial. B@stards.

Update on the atty thing. Hubster has decided he does not feel comfortable with the probono advice. And since Ive never dealt with one I cant advise for or against. He feels we would get better results by paying someone so we've got an appointment with a local immigration atty on Tuesday. Thanks to our lovely copy of the Muslim Yellow Pages it was pretty easy to find someone who deals with our type of case. I love that book :)

I also told my mommy what mean ol USCIS did to us and boy is she mad! Turns out she's got a friend who's a congressman and is going to see if some strings can be yanked. Daddy's on the warpath too. He's making noises about alerting the local news stations (all 4 of them). Take that USCIS!!!! I told my mommy on you! And just you wait 'till my father gets home, you're gonna get a whoopin!

Edited by yassmine2878

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.