xoxo

any opinions

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi and Blessings to all,

I have a need for some opinions here: My hubby called me today and asked me to come and stay with him in nigeria until all this is over. Now i work from home and have my own business but my contracts will only allow me to be away for about 3 mos in order to maintain them. It is ok in that case i guess, my hubby said i will just re enter after 3 mos or so and them come back i pretty much work my hours as i please. I know emergency funds should be left in my u.s. account, and i will need to take some with me as well. His family lives more on the upper class side in nigeria if u know what i mean so that is not an issue but adjusting to Nigeria can be a hassle Lagos per se... The family and all ask me to come back and stay until things are finalized . Anyway guys what do some of u think , first please read what i said about my job and coming back every 3-4 mos We just can't take this anymore its too much and i just came back my goodness ..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you can swing it, what are your concerns?

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think it is a wonderful opportunity to go and spend quality time with your husband and his family. Since you have the freedom from your job to do that I say go for it.

It is a rare opportunity for a lot of us to spend a lot of time with our SOs and their families. For many of us it is one trip to satisfy the requirement of meeting within the last 2 years or to get married and then the next time we see each other is when all this mess is through.

Do what you have to do to take advantage of the situation. Make sure you have someone to check your mail for that glorious NOA2 or, God forbid, an RFE.

This is an opportunity not to be missed.

Bon voyage!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is a perfect opportunity for the "living together" adjustment to begin. My SO and I spent alot of time in Ghana and Nigeria, I made 5 trips in 1 year.

1st trip 2 weeks

2nd trip 3 weeks

3rd 3 weeks

4th 1 month

5th 1 week

I promise you it helped us to really get to see the day to day idiosyncrasies of one another. I wish I had the opportunity to have spent more time bonding with his family and friends. I will be a great opportunity for all involved.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would give anything to be able to go back there and be with my husband! If u can work it out, and have the flexibility to do it, u should definitely go. I spent one month there the first time. We got married the day before I left. Then I went back 2 months later and stayed for 3 months! I took my 12 yr old son with me, and it was the most wonderful experience of my entire life. We actually lived as husband and wife, my son went to school, and we really lived a regular life. I believe it made us love each other more and my son and I got a once in a lifetime experience that we will never ever forget.

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow, if you can swing it, GO!!! I'd love to be able to go back and be with my fiance. I was only with him for 1 week in November. But since I'm the ONLY litigation paralegal, I can't leave my job for long periods of time. With the travel days, I was gone for 10 days and that was ALL I could take off work.

I hope you get your NOA2 soon so that you can go.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline

Sister if you got it like that.... GO GET YO' FREAK ON!!!! :dance::dance::dance::lol: Get a little freak on for me TOO!!!! Have fun and best wishes! :yes:

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

You knew you were going before you asked right?? :whistle: Just have all in order, have your emergency fund and go. If you do a lot of work via the Internet, will you need to have your own global connection while there?

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline
Hi

Chispas what do u mean i knew before i asked is that a snappy question?. No i didnt know and i still have not decided that is y i asked, next time i wont post. I took a chance when i did it .

Vee,

Don't stop posting!!!! I think that was one of those, HELL YES GO!!!! Do you need to even ask? Because if all of us had that opportunity we would be riding that train to 24/7 BLISS!!!! Well in my case before the break up I would of rode it like The Lone Ranger on Silver smokin' CRACK!!!! :yes::whistle:

Edited by BESANGIN

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You should definitely go if you have the chance. I lived in Ghana for 2 1/2 years and would love to go back.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.