7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

My interview was today... and i am pretty much devastated as I got 221(g) for no reason. My case is as follows and I need your guys help.... I am 10 years younger than my wife... and this case of marriage is pretty much very very unusual in India.... The Consular officer a Lady asked me how did you meeet.. which chat rooom.. why did your wife get divorced and what dod you guys chat about... actually we dated 2 years ..she got divorced..then saved some money and came down here and got married to me... and in that time I could also be over 21 which is the legal age to get married in India....

There are 12 things listed in the list of 221(g)...... Of which I had the 7 of them in my hand.. which she refused to see and told me to submit to the VFS...... the other 3 things I neeed help which my wife has to get

1. Notarised statemennt describing and detailing how you met the petitioner and why you decided to get married.

2. Notarised Explanation from the petitioner on when and why her first marriage ended.....

3. Detailed contact info of each of the prior spouses.....

MY QUESTION IS :-

1)does my wife have to hire a attorney or she can do by herself by going to the loacl county court or get it done by a banking instituation and other such people which have the right to do notary in USA for things in point 1 & 2.

2) For her her ex husband... she has no info of her whereabouts.. what shall we do for that.. shall my wife give a letter in signing that she has no whereabouts of her exhusband.

PLEASE help ASAP.....

Do you think I would be denied or would they take tooo long to issue me my visa.... My kids and wife are waiting for me really bad....

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
hi,

My interview was today... and i am pretty much devastated as I got 221(g) for no reason. My case is as follows and I need your guys help.... I am 10 years younger than my wife... and this case of marriage is pretty much very very unusual in India.... The Consular officer a Lady asked me how did you meeet.. which chat rooom.. why did your wife get divorced and what dod you guys chat about... actually we dated 2 years ..she got divorced..then saved some money and came down here and got married to me... and in that time I could also be over 21 which is the legal age to get married in India....

There are 12 things listed in the list of 221(g)...... Of which I had the 7 of them in my hand.. which she refused to see and told me to submit to the VFS...... the other 3 things I neeed help which my wife has to get

1. Notarised statemennt describing and detailing how you met the petitioner and why you decided to get married.

2. Notarised Explanation from the petitioner on when and why her first marriage ended.....

1)does my wife have to hire a attorney or she can do by herself by going to the loacl county court or get it done by a banking instituation and other such people which have the right to do notary in USA for things in point 1 & 2.

2) For her her ex husband... she has no info of her whereabouts.. what shall we do for that.. shall my wife give a letter in signing that she has no whereabouts of her exhusband.

PLEASE help ASAP.....

Do you think I would be denied or would they take tooo long to issue me my visa.... My kids and wife are waiting for me really bad....

Jigi

First of all, I am familiar with India and Indian people's ideas of marriage...(I've been living there off and on for 12 years).

Were you interviewed by an Indian person? I am just curious as to why the age difference made such an issue with the interviewer. How old is your wife and how old are you?

It sounds to me that the interviewer is concerned with marriage fraud since there are questions as to when she divorced and married you.

1) Your statement: Write down when, where, how you met your wife. When and why you decided to get married. Take the statement to a barrister or court clerk and put your signature on in when they are watching. They should be able to write or stamp it with an official seal which serves as a certification or notarization.

2) Wife's statement:

*Have your wife write down when, where, hoe you both met.

*When and why she decided to marry you.

*When and why the first marriage ended.

*Last known location of her former husband

Getting her statement notarized is easily done in USA. Notary Public can be found in banks, UPS stores, Fedex stores and the cost is $5 to $10.00 per document to notarize.

3) Have your wife produce a copy of the FINAL divorce decree from the first husband. This must be notarized by the court clerk where the divorce took place. ONLY A COURT CLERK CAN CERTIFY OR NOTARIZE THIS COPY.

This Final divorce decree should have the ex husband's address on it. This should be sufficient evidence of address. If there are no reasons for maintaining further contact with ex huband (child custody, spouse support) then there should be no legal expectation your wife must know of any subsequent addresses of an ex husband.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This happens a lot at this consulate, actually, especially with an age difference. Do a quick search and you will find a woman who was just approved with the same issue to contact, I will try to find the link.

As for the relatives, you need to give the contact information as asked, but also give a statement stating why you ran away, that they do not know, and explaining EXACTLY what happened (this was probably a small part of the problem too.)

For the husband's address, she must look up the information and find anything she can. In addition she MUST provide the court documents showing that the court cannot even find him and that he is wanted. The court documents will explain A LOT about the situation. Make sure they are court certified documents.

The notarized copies can be done for herself like the previous poster said at a bank or court clerk's office. Usually if she goes to her bank it is free.

If at all possible, having her present for any new meetings would be helpful. I showed up late at my hubby's interview and when I arrived it completely stopped the questions about the marriage. (I showed up in the middle of a blizzard in Canada, had to drive the distance because all flights were cancelled. I was only late because the roads were closed down in New York the night before. . .)

It is possible that they will validate your documents as soon as these documents are in. Do not panic, but take it very seriously. Only if they deny you after all of this effort will you need an attorney.

hi,

PLEASE help ASAP.....

Jigi

First of all, I am familiar with India and Indian people's ideas of marriage...(I've been living there off and on for 12 years).

Were you interviewed by an Indian person? I am just curious as to why the age difference made such an issue with the interviewer. How old is your wife and how old are you?

It sounds to me that the interviewer is concerned with marriage fraud since there are questions as to when she divorced and married you.

1) Your statement: Write down when, where, how you met your wife. When and why you decided to get married. Take the statement to a barrister or court clerk and put your signature on in when they are watching. They should be able to write or stamp it with an official seal which serves as a certification or notarization.

2) Wife's statement:

*Have your wife write down when, where, hoe you both met.

*When and why she decided to marry you.

*When and why the first marriage ended.

*Last known location of her former husband

Getting her statement notarized is easily done in USA. Notary Public can be found in banks, UPS stores, Fedex stores and the cost is $5 to $10.00 per document to notarize.

3) Have your wife produce a copy of the FINAL divorce decree from the first husband. This must be notarized by the court clerk where the divorce took place. ONLY A COURT CLERK CAN CERTIFY OR NOTARIZE THIS COPY.

This Final divorce decree should have the ex husband's address on it. This should be sufficient evidence of address. If there are no reasons for maintaining further contact with ex huband (child custody, spouse support) then there should be no legal expectation your wife must know of any subsequent addresses of an ex husband.

Yes, I agree with you on getting the final divorce decree and all that you said.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

I don't know how to help you with the questions but I know I got two 221g's and they still gave me the visa afterall...Don't despair....Just try gathering what she wanted and good luck!

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Timeline

In addition to what they asked for, it would likely be helpful to include letters from friends, family, neighbors, etc. from both your wife and your side that know you both and can speak about your marriage and how happy they are for you and talk about a time you both visited with them or some event you experienced together. Something to show that they are aware and involved in and support your relationship.

Edited by blueblue

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.