polarbear

Thursday!

194 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I apologise if my posts were "sick". I was actually hoping that someone might have some insight as to what may be going on with me. I was never trying to "disgust" anyone. I asked my doc and she's stumped (haven't had any blood tests yet). Pharmacist has no clue and says the meds shouldn't cause the problem which is why I asked about pregnancy. I figured in a forum with mostly women, someone might have some insight to whats up.... again, I apologise.

(F) amal (F)

Don't worry, amal. I don't think anyone minds that you talk about it since it's your personal business and you're the one talking about it. I think what some see as inappropriate is talking about other people's personal business.

But anyway, :ot2: , which is what again today? This thread sure is long!

Edited by Jenn!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
I use one with mine, I dont know if it extends the longevity as its the only tagine I have ever owned, but so far so good! :thumbs:

I use that flame tamer when I am making risotto also to prevent burning the bottom of the pan. if i ever made paella i would use it with that pan as well.

Thanks - I was wondering where I can purchase one - so far no luck - any suggestion on a store...

do you live in NY? dont they have everything in NY? LOL

I got mine here

http://fantes.com/images/8635trivets.jpg

:lol::lol: you are right - we got everything here in NY - I guess I was just looking in the wrong places...now at least I have a visual image of what flame tamer looks like ... thanks... do you have an electric stove? Just wondering

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amal- you are not sick. You share what you are going through and that's just fine. I choose not to, which is why I was disgusted by being dragged into something that I do not want to be a part of.

I hope you feel better!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I apologise if my posts were "sick". I was actually hoping that someone might have some insight as to what may be going on with me. I was never trying to "disgust" anyone. I asked my doc and she's stumped (haven't had any blood tests yet). Pharmacist has no clue and says the meds shouldn't cause the problem which is why I asked about pregnancy. I figured in a forum with mostly women, someone might have some insight to whats up.... again, I apologise.

(F) amal (F)

Don't worry, amal. I don't think anyone minds that you talk about it since it's your personal business and you're the one talking about it. I think what some see as inappropriate is talking about other people's personal business.

Exactly :yes:

Amal -- you're a MENA sweetheart :luv: -- no sane person could ever consider you disgusting or sick -- NO WAYYYYYYYY !!!!!

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

This day sucks. I just got a letter in the mail from USCIS stating our AOS application was denied. It only says they requested evidence and rcv'd no response so they denied the case. We never rcv'd a request for evidence so Im totall at a loss for what to do. Coupled with these lovely hormones, Im a friggin basket case.

Happy Thursday.

Timeline
This day sucks. I just got a letter in the mail from USCIS stating our AOS application was denied. It only says they requested evidence and rcv'd no response so they denied the case. We never rcv'd a request for evidence so Im totall at a loss for what to do. Coupled with these lovely hormones, Im a friggin basket case.

Happy Thursday.

Bad news, Gabi, sorry to hear that. I know you're not the first person to get denied for something that you had no control over. I do know that you have to act fast and file some motion to reopen the case. Hope you get it all sorted out quickly!

Happy Thursday.

Wow I"m so sorry. I would contact an attorney if I was in your shoes. What a horrible time for this to happen. (F) Keep your chin up, we have seen worse in VJ with positive outcomes in the end. :luv:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

Happy Thursday.

Sorry to hear this. I'd make an info pass appt as soon as possible and find out what they requested. You can tell them that you didn't get the letter and maybe they'll take back the denial... I heard a lady in front of me arguing about this when we were waiting for out appt and the immigration officer told her they'd send out another letter and to make sure her name was on the mail box and stuff like that so it just might work. Good luck! (F)

Edited by Alhamdulillah

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry Yassmine for this news but at least it looks like there is still hope. We got some news as well that affects our visa process and I'm not sure what to do about it either yet. He's so stressed and tired there facing one thing after another and I leave to go back to school next week so I'll be busy again. Just take it one step at a time. That all I and many of us can do.

Happy Thursday.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Amal- you are not sick. You share what you are going through and that's just fine. I choose not to, which is why I was disgusted by being dragged into something that I do not want to be a part of.

I hope you feel better!

Understandable, and thanks :yes:

(F) amal (F)

Exactly :yes:

Amal -- you're a MENA sweetheart :luv: -- no sane person could ever consider you disgusting or sick -- NO WAYYYYYYYY !!!!!

aww thanks girls. :luv: luv u gals too!!

Happy Thursday.

oh my goodness! mother of cow pies!!! sugar honey ice tea (from madagascar)!!! I wouldn't even know where to begin on that other than to find a good attourney, and QUICK! I'll do some checking and see what I can find out ...

ur in my prayers

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

this is suppposed to be a better year and this is where MENA starts? we better start saying some serious prayers. Sorry to hear about the denial, but get that info pass appt made yesterday and see what you can do.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm soooo sorry yassmine. i hope you can get that resolved soon. *hugs*

good news on our end (FINALLLLLLLLY SOMETHING GOOD after a long string of bad news)

my husband has been waiting for surgery for his knee and was finally approved today for coverage by insurance (after over two months of agony!)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it. Everything seems ten times worse when you're pregnant. As soon as I stopped that ridiculous hiccuping bawling I called USCIS and they know NOTHING. Which is par for the course, but this is one of those times I really need them to grow a brain. The rep on the other end was sweet as punch, but said that our case just shows to be denied, no reason given and no clue what evidence might have been requested. I just cannot believe we never got the RFE. They never, ever, ever mentioned that we needed to send in anything additional in all the phone calls I made and visits to the local office. We're going to Catholic Charities tomorrow to see if their legal eagles can help. I only found 2 other services that provide immigration attys for free, one couldnt help and the other wouldnt help. I did call a couple of fee-for-service immigration attys, but the consultation fees are out of sight. And now that Im on maternity leave with no pay, we're so screwed. We've got an appointment with the local office again next week. But Im not putting a whole lot of stock in it. Going to that office has been an absolute waste of time on every single occasion.

ok..post em if ya got em...where's a pic of a tagine? ( i spelled it right teacher ;) )

Hubster and the tagine. Note the utensil he's using to stir, its an ice cream scoop. A resourceful man indeed. :)

S2010010-1.jpg

Incidentally, ours is cast iron and we use it on an electric stove. So far no probs with the dish, and everything turns out yummers.

Timeline

Gabi, I posted some links in your thread in the AOS forum. I wouldn't freak out. Also, I know another Morocco member, maryandatif, had a similar problem and they were able to get it turned around.

I hate to see pregnant women stressed out. :no:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats Sereia! It must be a relief! :dance:

Is it Yassmine or Gabi? There is lots of help here and you're a smart woman. I know you can get this thing turned around in no time. I don't like to see pregnant women stress either. :no:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.