chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't think those fad diets are such a good idea. Gaining the weight back is almost inevitable and yo-yo'ing like that makes it that much harder to succeed in permanent weight loss in the future.

I ate very well over this past weekend! We had a wedding in the family and everyone was in from out of town, so there was lots of food to eaten and alcohol to be drank! Looking forward to getting back on the treadmill today...

A wedding, now there's a challenge! Congrats on handling it well.

Now I didn't say that! :P I probably ate about 2 lbs of shrimp cocktail over the course of the weekend. :lol: Oh, and the martinis. :blush:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't think those fad diets are such a good idea. Gaining the weight back is almost inevitable and yo-yo'ing like that makes it that much harder to succeed in permanent weight loss in the future.

I ate very well over this past weekend! We had a wedding in the family and everyone was in from out of town, so there was lots of food to eaten and alcohol to be drank! Looking forward to getting back on the treadmill today...

A wedding, now there's a challenge! Congrats on handling it well.

Now I didn't say that! :P I probably ate about 2 lbs of shrimp cocktail over the course of the weekend. :lol: Oh, and the martinis. :blush:

LOL. Guess there's a difference between eating well and eating well. Now I'm thinking about the shrimp in our freezer...

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

For what it's worth, I gained about 20 pounds between the time I last saw my husband and his arrival, and that weight was the last thing on our minds when we saw each other in the airport. blush.gif But I do know how it is to want to feel and look your best when you welcome him home. Happy reunion!

Yeah, I'm sure he won't be worried about it, but it really effects the way I feel about myself, and I think I'll be more inhibited :innocent: I haven't decided yet if I'll try that master cleanse, but I am starting to exercise today and I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the support! :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
This just in. I am prehypertension.

Not a good thing to be, but you can get yourself back in control - eat less salt/sodium, exercise, and try to control your stress to the best of your abilities. One thing that is wonderful for HBP is swimming or aquatic workouts...you'll find that it helps to lower your blood pressure.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes. Something like I need to lose this weight, and decrease my alcohol consumption, and go on a low sodium diet. With my families history of diabetes they said this is a precursor and that it's just a matter of time if I don't make serious lifestyle changes.

No wonder I've be so "Fn" pissed this past year my body is affecting my mind and spirit.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Yes. Something like I need to lose this weight, and decrease my alcohol consumption, and go on a low sodium diet. With my families history of diabetes they said this is a precursor and that it's just a matter of time if I don't make serious lifestyle changes.

No wonder I've be so "Fn" pissed this past year my body is affecting my mind and spirit.

I'm so sorry to hear this Olivia. I hope you get everything under control and have no more problems. You show good motivations so I'm sure you can do it!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your mind & spirit could also be affecting your body & health. It goes both ways. Either way, I hope you get in under control soon. :thumbs:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

Your mind & spirit could also be affecting your body & health. It goes both ways. Either way, I hope you get in under control soon. :thumbs:

I totally agree with that. Mind, Body, and Spirit are all connected.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I imagine your husband will lecture you too when he finds out. My husband freaks out about anything related to my health. I broke my little toe last year and he was really upset. He said I was not allowed to break "His" toes!

Just take care of yourself and it sounds like you've got some good suggestions. Though the stress of not talking to your husband and the immigration process probably don't help you.

Timeline

I imagine your husband will lecture you too when he finds out. My husband freaks out about anything related to my health. I broke my little toe last year and he was really upset. He said I was not allowed to break "His" toes!

Just take care of yourself and it sounds like you've got some good suggestions. Though the stress of not talking to your husband and the immigration process probably don't help you.

He may but it's a waste of time coz I could just shoot back, "Don't blacken my lungs with your icky cigs." :whistle:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

He may but it's a waste of time coz I could just shoot back, "Don't blacken my lungs with your icky cigs." :whistle:

Considering I blacken my own lungs (and he does preach to me about it though he smokes way more than I do). I can't use that line. I'll have to come up with something else until I can manage to quit :( Pray for me to quit though. I know I should. I just don't have the desire enough. Its really frustrating. I come from a line of smokers, both women and men.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
This just in. I am prehypertension.

I'm sorry to hear it. Mine is iffy also, but you are doing some wonderful things for yourself now. Mine tends to drop if I get daily exercise, and I like the info about water workouts. Hope you get it under control very soon. :thumbs:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.