chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Maybe it's Ben and Jerry's ice cream!

You know he doesn't even know what that is... and I've never actually had Ben and Jerry's! Usually, when he says something liek this, he either has a piece of jewelry made for me or he has an abaya made for me or he shows up with an heirloom something. I don't know what he would do here though.

Hmmm, yeah, that is harder since you have to think it would be something he could give the other girls. I'll have to think on that one. Maybe he doesn't know yet, lol.

Ack! Well let us know when you find out. I dislike suspense. Might a well kick me in the head and get it over with.

I've learned that I don't like suspense when it involves visas, lol. Otherwise I am fine with it.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree maybe he doesn't know yet either. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was concert tickets for all of you! Whoot! :dance::dance::dance::dance: <-----that is all over you dancing at the concert.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
I agree maybe he doesn't know yet either. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was concert tickets for all of you! Whoot! :dance::dance::dance::dance: <-----that is all over you dancing at the concert.

Or movie tickets???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

He says he doesn't know but that it's not in his pants, and it costs under $200... but then he laughs and I can tell he has an idea. He doesn't liek concerts or going to the movies or spending any money at all so I haven't a clue.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
He says he doesn't know but that it's not in his pants, and it costs under $200... but then he laughs and I can tell he has an idea. He doesn't liek concerts or going to the movies or spending any money at all so I haven't a clue.

You got me then :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:rofl:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
But HFCS isn't in no-calorie diet soda, correct? I know there are plenty of chemicals in them anyway, and I'm better off without it. (Possibly TMI:

A friend once told me her doctor told her her urethra was partially clogged from drinking diet sodas - ack!

) I'm just hooked on my diet Coke in the morning. :blush: But I've cut that out, and I'm upping the water and veggies little by little.

I was feeling pretty blah yesterday, but my energy is up today. I walked 2 miles at 3.5 mph yesterday evening at the park while hubby played soccer. That put me at the top of my target heart rate, so I'll stick with that until the heart rate drops and I don't feel like I'm working as hard. I started logging everything on the Daily Plate a couple of days ago. It's so helpful! Thanks to those of you who recommended it.

My coworker's been on WW for a few weeks. The other day, she told me she'd shrunk out of some of her pants and asked if I'd like to try them. I always thought she was thinner than I was, even before she started dieting, but I tried them anyway, and they fit. Now I want to outshrink them too. Yay for second-hand clothes!

Actually, it contains:

Carbonated Water

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Caramel Color

Phosphoric Acid

Natural Flavors

Caffeine

Aspartame (NutraSweet brand)

Potassium Benzoate

Citric acid

Aspartame and HFCS are both pretty bad!

I have a regular soda addiction. I am trying to be below 20oz a day, but sometimes? it's not happening. I imagine if I cut it I should drop some weight, right?

julianna, isnt 12oz of soda like 200 cals? so you are drinking like 400 cals of soda a day - so that is 2800 calories a week, so approximately every week and a day or two you would lose a lb just by cutting out the soda. not to mention you would FEEL so much better. i had so many issues, sluggishness, ADD feelings, anxiety, all kinds of ####### when i drank soda. i NEVER drink soda now, i went cold turkey years go and now i think it tastes like syrup. occasionally i will sip a high quality rootbeer or something but that is just a taste and not to quench my thirst. i think its the most important thing you can give up (not to nag)

20 oz is like 260 calories plus or minus, depending on the soda. i keep my diet at about 1500 calories per day. So I'd need to subsitute something in there, wouldn't I? Or do you think I would still lose weight still if I dropped to 1300 calories? I know 1200 or below are generally considered where everybody switches into conserve mode in their metabolism.

Ok, planks....

The front ones were fine. I think I'm doing something wrong on the side ones because the only place I feel anything is my elbow - ouch!!

i have this issue too bc i have bony elbows. i only do them on a padded mat. or take your flat yoga mat and fold it up into a bunch of layers and put it right under your arm where you hold up the plank. side planks are HARD but best thing to do is hold a regular side plank, then try dipping your body up and down while in the side plank then holding it some more and eventually graduate to putting a dumbell on yoru side while you do it. the best for defining your waist i have noticed such a difference

Thanks for the side plank goal tip!

I'm drinking like 80oz of water a day. I'm thinking I need to up that. How much does everyone else drink?

My goal is 128 but I never reach it and usually I naturally drink 64oz (without thinking about it). I have been so dehydreated lately so my new thing is in addition to the water i usually drink I am going to drink water with everything I drink that is dehydrating ie coffee, wine, etc.

For the makeup calories, how about making them up in fruit or veggies vs. soda? Do you have a juicer? Maybe a morning veggie/fruit juice? My favorite is beet/orange/carrot

Timeline
My goal is 128 but I never reach it and usually I naturally drink 64oz (without thinking about it). I have been so dehydreated lately so my new thing is in addition to the water i usually drink I am going to drink water with everything I drink that is dehydrating ie coffee, wine, etc.

For the makeup calories, how about making them up in fruit or veggies vs. soda? Do you have a juicer? Maybe a morning veggie/fruit juice? My favorite is beet/orange/carrot

Nope, no juicer. my food processor is broken and he says we don't need a new one :( I used that thing all the time. I try to drink a water just after my soda for the same reason you just stated.

Timeline

I know we had a few posts a bit back on non-food rewards. I've been thinking about this with my 2 friends at work with whom I'm doing this stuff... I suggested we go for pedicures or whatever.. something like that. Eyebrow waxes and such. I was thinking to get acryllic nails (which I hate with a passion) so I could grow my nails out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.