MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
If eye moving and mouse clicking was exercise,,I would be a skinny #######. :lol:

J (L)

:lol::lol::lol:

Jen that recipe for the fish is what Rachel Ray is cooking on my tv now but she's using schrod. She steams it with fennel, onion and olives. Looks yummie!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I want to say - sign me in but it seems like my motivation is on zero - have no idea what's up - but I am hoping that you guys will be an inspiration to me and I will do it. Back in 2000 I did shed about 60LBS on Atkins diet and serious exercise regime but it all seems like a distant past...I will give it a shot - promise...

D.

Edited by Lost in NY

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

OK for all those who are on board, lets get to it!!! Everyone must have good reasons they want to lose weight. Their health, looking hot when their SO gets here, looking hot for your SO who is here, prepping for pregnancy, recovering from pregnancy, more energy for family, etc etc. Lets do it!!!!!

So here is the update on my recipes:

Miso Soup: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/103391

>>this was very very good. one of the better miso soups i have had. i used beech mushrooms and i didnt have yellow miso so i used brown rice miso. was awesome!

Spicy Asian Slaw: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefi...ecipe_id=665301

>>this wasnt the greatest, i wont be making this again.

Asian Noodles: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/maindishe...asiannoodle.htm

>>this was very good, im excited for the leftovers (with the soup) for lunch tomorrow. i think im going to put on a bed of baby spinach for lunch tomorrow. i used smart ground and diced zucchini instead of pork, cooking spray instead of oil and the peanut butter i used was freshly ground from the store this afternoon. yum!

If we cook tomorrow night i want to try using shawarma spice on my fake chicken meat (seitan) and drizzle with tahini and have with israeli salad. could be yummy! might also suck but ill go for it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It grows wild here so I grew up eatting it and love it! Obviously it doesn't grow wild in the winter.

:lol:

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yeah dinner is asparagus and ice water!

dinner.jpg

Seriously, Olivia? That doesn't seem very healthy even if they are vegetables. Not to mention your pee is really gonna reek. :P

My dad told me that when I was a kid and I never ate asparagus again. :lol:

I have actually tried to eat it but find that I don't actually care for the taste and it always seems stringy, which is a bit of a turn off as well.

Best wishes to everyone getting trying to be healthier and lose weight.

:star:

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Not to mention your pee is really gonna reek. :P

:lol: learn something new every day in mena :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Yeah dinner is asparagus and ice water!

dinner.jpg

OMG, and I thought cabbage farts were bad :lol:. Im glad you and I sleep in separate houses honey :P

128298497698595000dontfartpleez.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love asparagus!!! :dance: Not the way you have it though Olivia, no offense. I just toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper and put them under the broiler until they're almost crispy. YUM!!! My pee definitely stinks to high heaven after though. PU!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks for the update/comments on teh recipes Chaishai! That's actually a pretty good idea-- to try and rate different things.

Yesterday i brought my stepper to work and did 30 minutes, then I went home and did my abs and arms. I had 2 carrots as a snack, 4 biscuits (two with jam), and ate 6 tacos for dinner.. no smartground in the house so I jsut had lettuce, tomato, cheese, and a soft taco shell for each one. I had one regular soda, 4 bottles of water, and 1 diet soda. Not really sure, but I should be around ym calorie goal... I didn't do very well with nutrients though. I wasn't feeling well so i didn't feel like making any effort. Ammar decided to cook for himself, so he had mushroom, a cup of olive oil, an onion, 6 garlic cloves, 1 chicken breast, and then like 6 buns. Probably was like 3000 calories :) he's looking thinner today too. :(

I love asparagus! i love it your way, Olivia.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

MMM I just found this recipe I think I'll make it tonight:

Couscous and Chicken Feta Stuffed Red Peppers

Ingredients

Vegetable-oil cooking spray

1.25 cups fat-free chicken or vegetable broth

2/3 cup couscous

1 Chicken Breast cut into small pieces

4 red bell peppers

2 tsp olive oil

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 med zucchini, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half

15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed

2 oz crumbled fat free feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)

1/4 cup tomato paste

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F F. Coat a small baking dish with cooking spray. Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan, add the couscous, cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Cut the stems and top half inch off the bell peppers and scoop out the seeds and membranes. Place peppers upright in a baking dish and roast them for 15 minutes or so, until they soften, then remove them from the oven until the filling is ready. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. brown chicken untill cooked through. Add onion, zucchini, yellow squash, fennel seeds, oregano, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Remove from heat and stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and tomato paste. Using a fork, scrape the couscous into the skillet and toss with the vegetables. Stir in the crumbled feta. Fill peppers with the couscous mixture. Bake 15 minutes. Serve immediately

I think I'll use green peppers - this is 4 servings at 4.6g fat per serving and 385 calories and almost 25g of protein- not bad!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.