chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

ate leftover pizza for lunch...nom nom nom...its a fantastic day here..everything is gray and cloudy. *sigh* I am even enjoying the light mist that is falling..wish I were out in it. I ADORE this weather!!! dunno why, but I really do.

I had gained about 4lbs at the end of last week and lost 3.8 of them as of Tuesday. I screwed up today but if I have a sensible and light supper, then it shouldn't hurt me toooo bad. My work out... well I'm gonna bust bootie to get my house clean and supper fixed AND sons homework done in 1 hour... so that should burn off a few calories and get the heart rate elevated! (hey, i take what i can get lol)

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Jenn ~ just curious, did the pt give an explanation why we should be doing weights before cardio? I have been doing it after like you. I thought doing cardio first warms the muscles then keeps the heart rate elevated during the strength training. Anyway, just feels as if I am burning more calories this way :unsure:

This was my reasoning as well. She said that doing cardio before weights means that your muscles are already fatigued by the time you get to your strength training, which means that you won't get as much benefit AND you're at greater risk for injury. But she also said that if for whatever reason you like to do cardio first, that is ok, but not preferred.

ETA: regarding the warming up of muscles before weights...even though you're doing weights first, she said you should walk 10 minutes on the treadmill before you begin

i used to have a personal trainer and he too told me to warm up to get the heart rate going, then do strength training, then cardio. :star:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Where else would a ceritified personal trainer be than in the diet and exercise forum???

LOL :thumbs:

soooo count me in

and ever since I starting having long sebaticals visiting my husband overseas I have totally packed on the pounds and the flab eating nothing but too much HOBBS as they call it

I was a vegetarian until all the protein I was getting was from meat

I love the food but with little to no exercise it takes it toll...i dunno about all your honeys but the only exercise we gettin over there is the kind you get makin up for lost time HE HE :devil::innocent:

oh yeah and being alone and depressed and stressed doesnt help does it??

all this time away from him .... could've done this.. should've made time for that but the bottom line is i am so preoccupied with talking to him for hours a day and getting all the things in line to submit to the gov't, lawyer or his interviews that my needs just fall by the way side

BUT...I swear I'm starting tomorrow....LOL

he is coming soon and not much time

anyone need tips YOU GOT A PERSONAL TRAINER IN DA HOUSE! :yes:

spring is in the air let's get ourselves movin ladies....we should have like a little competition going on and check in with each other.....haha like they do on celebrities fit club...

I dont have much to lose but I am hittin the gym...gotta get that booty tight!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thx for the boomp Jenn!

Ok so it's a year to my graduation and I seriously need to go on a diet and get more fit for my college graduation pix! Plus I have to look good when presenting some of these ppl at the Borah Symposium this time next year. Those are two motivation for me. I've read the entire McDougal Program for Maximum Weight Loss and I'm going to start it this week. :dance: It seems reasonable and I've already tried some recipes which are tasty. Now to get one of those nifty weight loss tickers.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Kewl! I got my ticker now! Something about that lightening bolt is energizing!

I actually have to go weight myself today as well to be acurate!

I'm taking a Yoga class this fall so that should be something to look forward too!

WTG, Olivia! Welcome to the club!

I think I'm going to weigh myself today and see how it goes. Haven't weighed in for a while now. Hopefully I'll get to move my turtle!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I changed my turtle to a choo choo train. I think it will bring me good luck.

I usually keep fudgsicles at home because they're only 60 calories and good to satisfy a chocolate craving. And I just discovered that they make them in dark chocolate and white chocolate too and they are so yummy. Anyway, I'm probably just the last to know this, but I thought I'd share. :energy:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
my husband has discovered Ben n Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk ice cream. :thumbs:

yay doodle is back :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
my husband has discovered Ben n Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk ice cream. :thumbs:

I think I've heard of that. That's one of those negative calorie foods, right?

For HIM it is!!! The man is skin and bones! but of course I had to eat almost half of it! :blush: I just have to hold out for one more week till the operation then I can have my own pint. lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

I changed my turtle to a choo choo train. I think it will bring me good luck.

I usually keep fudgsicles at home because they're only 60 calories and good to satisfy a chocolate craving. And I just discovered that they make them in dark chocolate and white chocolate too and they are so yummy. Anyway, I'm probably just the last to know this, but I thought I'd share. :energy:

mmmmmmmmmm fudgesicles! I love those. They have a box of 24 at walmart for like 2 bux and they're GOOOOOOOOOOOD and make for a great late night snack. I gained half a pound and I refuse to change my ticker!!!! :whistle:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.