chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Amal- calories are different for everyone.. it's better to take into account eh weight you want to be and the height you are and then look and see how many calories you are supposed to be eating every day... and then go from that point for weight loss. At 5'4" if I wanted to be like 120lbs, I'd be down at about 1700 calories to maintain weight. If I wanted to be 110, it would be about 1500. 2000 is not a scenario for me in any regards unless I was seriously exercising.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the name of that website we used to go to for weight loss? I wanna see what kind of calorie intake it recommends for my body type... but can't remember the name...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
what was the name of that website we used to go to for weight loss? I wanna see what kind of calorie intake it recommends for my body type... but can't remember the name...

You were probably at sparkpeople.com before, right?

But there are tons around. Here's one: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

Edited by Jenn!

You were probably at sparkpeople.com before, right?

THATS IT!!! THANKS!!! now if i can remember my name and password....

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

i found it i found it. I'm supposed to have between 1750 and 2010 calories a day to get to my first goal weight in 1 year...yikes!

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm confused. i used the mayo clinic calculator and if i plugged in my current weight it said to eat 2200 calories a day with being active. if i plugged in my approximate goal weight with being active it said to eat 2150. why would they be so similar? maybe i'm just seriously stressed out and tired from my recent events but it doesn't make sense. i plugged in the same height and activity level yet very different weights....i think i need to go back to bed.

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
i'm confused. i used the mayo clinic calculator and if i plugged in my current weight it said to eat 2200 calories a day with being active. if i plugged in my approximate goal weight with being active it said to eat 2150. why would they be so similar? maybe i'm just seriously stressed out and tired from my recent events but it doesn't make sense. i plugged in the same height and activity level yet very different weights....i think i need to go back to bed.

Because that's assuming you're just maintaining. I don't think your actual weight makes a huge difference in terms of the number of calories for maintenance. You can't eat the number of calories suggested for maintaining your goal weight in order to *reach* your goal weight.

Try this one if you want to see how much you should be eating in order to lose weight: http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/calories-goal.php

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Because that's assuming you're just maintaining. I don't think your actual weight makes a huge difference in terms of the number of calories for maintenance. You can't eat the number of calories suggested for maintaining your goal weight in order to *reach* your goal weight.

Try this one if you want to see how much you should be eating in order to lose weight: http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/calories-goal.php

Goal date too agressive. Please retry with a date further in the future.

:whistle:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

that last one said 1803 calories to lose 50lbs by october 1st...i wonder if i can do it...

Interview-December 2005

Those are maintenance levels of calories, not for weight loss. Your body burns a certain amount every day, and that doesn't vary all that much by weight. It varies a lot more by activity.

I plugged in my weight goal (drop 7 pounds) and it picked a date at the rate of one pound per week so I'd be at my goal weight by May. But it said to eat only 1600 per day, and I don't think I'd be able to keep off the weight if I dropped the calories that low.

Edited by Caladan

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
that last one said 1803 calories to lose 50lbs by october 1st...i wonder if i can do it...

That seems reasonable. If you start a good exercise regimen you should be able to do that and still eat pretty well!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I seriously think I'm done with this liquid #######. I don't know how my friend lasted two weeks. She said it was because it was required to not have your stomach digest solids before having her lap band surgery but still I would have said faggetaboutit after a couple of days. Fish for dinner tonight!!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

liquid diets are soooo hard! my mom's friend does one called "optifast" (i think) and loses weight, then gains it all back, then goes back on it, then gains it all back. its a disaster! i can't imagine not chewing anything for months on end!

i ate a pita with a persian cucumber, tomato, sliced roast turkey, and a schmear of labne on it for lunch.

later its fruit and salad and something light for dinner!

we can do this!!!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.